Sign in to follow this  
WatchDog21

AliExpress, DHGate all the same crappy service

WatchDog21

I ventured out to DHGate to order a watch for a friend. Never have ordered from DHGate. Now both of my first orders from AliExpress (the one that got stolen here http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=98844&hl=&fromsearch=1 ) and an order from DHGate have been nothing but name calling by the sellers.

Basically what DHgate seller is telling me is this. They list a single item (no other styles to choose from on this one) and its picture. I place the order. They ship a different item.

AliExpress seller called me a liar even with video proof

Now DHgate is calling me a liar when they shipped a totally different item. I ordered this:

17034766640_9ec73fd2a0_n.jpg

And Got This:

17196405436_5408556e39_c.jpg

Here is the conversation from the seller

17196492806_983d6c774c_c.jpg

17034677548_e6c1759d4d_c.jpg

17196492586_1b41669866_c.jpg

17221885541_562c8dda8e_c.jpg

dave1978

thats comical

Phizzy

This was what $20 or less? I say bin it and move on - liar :)

Jooost

Hahaha its not even close to the same watch.... And what a seller, his story doesn't even make sense...

dfq23

DHgate is shit unless you stick to about two sellers on there. I once ordered what was in the pics a yellow sea wolf.

I got a quartz white dial roman numeral monstrosity. The dispute process is shit there too as don't auto refund. Hence why many sellers have now gone there.

Stick to jason007 and goodroiexx there and you will be fine

Venomous

Fuck me!

Sure the sellers real name ain't Stevie Wonder? That's mental.

V

Poolsfinest

I've had nothing but good experience from Ali so far. Their mediation service also seems quick and fair.

WatchDog21
I've had nothing but good experience from Ali so far. Their mediation service also seems quick and fair.

I am sure its a hit or miss situation. First experiences that turn sour never reflect good on a company even if it is just one bad apple in the basket. I will see what DHGate mediation decides here. I am willing to go it again at AliX but nothing over the $125 (my write it off and forget it line). As for DHGate, well for the moment, never again.

MetalMickey

I've been wilfully misunderstood in several dealings both on Ali and even with TDs but that's one of the most comical exchanges I have seen. Except the dog one...

WatchDog21

I've been wilfully misunderstood in several dealings both on Ali and even with TDs but that's one of the most comical exchanges I have seen. Except the dog one...

that it is... As Venomous said...

Fuck me! Sure the sellers real name ain't Stevie Wonder? That's mental. V

:blind:

Poolsfinest

Can you not just file a grievance over missold item?

TinaTime

I just received a full refund on AliExpress for two watches that came after the guaranteed delivery date. It took a bit of back and forth, but as it neared the date for the Ali dispute team to take over the claim, the seller agreed to give me the full refund.

WatchDog21
Can you not just file a grievance over missold item?

Yup, after they called me a liar I immediately filed a DHGate Dispute. I will see if they come through. If DHGate dispute fails I won't even bother a CC dispute since I do at least have a working watch in hand.

dfq23

Aliexpress works on a points basis. Seller is given points for each time a dispute is opened. For example if a counterfeit dispute is opened and seller accepts the dispute before it is escalated to investigation they get 6 points. Reach 48 points and their store is closed. Not sure what other disputes score.

If Ali investigate a counterfeit claim and seller can't provide evidence watch is genuine in 3 days then their store is closed straightaway so it is in the seller's best interest to negotiate

WatchDog21
Aliexpress works on a points basis. Seller is given points for each time a dispute is opened. For example if a counterfeit dispute is opened and seller accepts the dispute before it is escalated to investigation they get 6 points. Reach 48 points and their store is closed. Not sure what other disputes score. If Ali investigate a counterfeit claim and seller can't provide evidence watch is genuine in 3 days then their store is closed straightaway so it is in the seller's best interest to negotiate

Great info to have, thanks!

RUSH2112

I thought we had some keyboard warriors here. These ali and dh sellers can be real bitches.

WatchDog21

They finally got it!

Dear cmderrx,

This email is to inform you that your Order 1572778887 has been applied canceled. Please check the following details for the reason of cancellation:

Refund Reason: Agreement reached

Normally, we will arrange the refund to you within 2 business days, and a notification email will be sent to you upon refund completion.If you experience any problems, please contact us immediately.

This is an automatic email sent by system, please do not reply this e-mail.

Respectfully,

DHgate Customer Service Department