jeane123

Aliexpress

jeane123

Anyone had luck with Aliexpress

cufflink

Do a search. There are few thread about ali

Edited by cufflink

dcsharp

Very mixed results. Ultimately there are deals to be had BUT they are not as concerned with Customer Service and their reputation as our TDs (read most don't give a shit. And also seem to know near nothing about what they are selling.

As such I approach it like a gamble, throw some coin at it and don't expect too much. Of course you can take steps like request actual photos to protect yourself a little more.

The dispute feature is pretty iffy at best.

Personally I've had luck with some lovely pens, but so far have had 3 terrible quality watches, but technically still good enough for the seller to not accept a dispute so I haven't bothered.

On the other hand I've had fantastic experiences with Watch International and also with TS watch, both on standard purchases and on 'Wholesale' which is a wysiwyg/you take all the risk special price they offer.

Xpletiv

Stop, search, read before being turned into a crispy bit.

andyboy
:rofl:

RUSH2112
Stop, search, read before being turned into a crispy bit.

Obviously doesn't post a lot but makes it count when it happens

Xpletiv

I try.

NFleischer

I never tried them, really I don't understand

all the fuss and constant posting about them. This seems to be

the only forum that shows much interest.

Just my 2 cents.

Kodi1522

I was able to get an unbelievable Panerai 111 for only $97 from Ali. Fantastic quality for the price.

RussP

It pays to KNOW what you want in a watch, because, as Mr.Sharp above correctly mentioned, most Ali sellers have little to no product knowledge.

If you look closely, many of them appear to use the same photo of a product, with varying pricing.

The site is like the proverbial Aladdin's Cave..............but exercise caution.

submarinerblue

I've bought several inexpensive watches from Ali....$17 for an automatic skelton non-rep up to $80 for a Speedmaster quartz. All were of decent quality. Kept accurate time (including the mechanicals,probably 2813s.)

Haven't needed to initiate a dispute.

Communication is almost non-existent , dealers either don't answer questions or give two word answers. If watch isn't sent EMS it takes 3-4 weeks to arrive. Some dealers are in no hurry to ship once order is placed.

Look for dealers with 95% plus reviews and longer track records.

While TDs are much better to deal with, I have received three reps out of seven or eight that had to be sent back for obvious flaws (self-winding rotor that was frozen on a watch with a transparent back, date wheel that didn't advance , watch that lost 2 minutes a day and had a safety clasp that wouldn't stay on the band) so much for QA.

TDs repaired watches but I had to pay for shipping.

I'd recommend Ali for cheaper watches, but not for anything over $100. Also got a nice Mont Blanc fountain pen for $20.

Replicaaustralia

Heard you can get gen tissots for $50US. can somebody link me?

cufflink

Reps yes. No gen.

gam3r

Cuff links are also decent. I got a set of MB and BVLGARI ones and they are nice

miniman

Reps yes. No gen.

This one £45 back door Gen can't see any differences to a mates Gen including the movement.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4th-year-seller-Men-s-1pc-ETA-swiss-movement-Chronohraph-mens-watch-swiss-watch-gift-items/1304709222.html

Kev

Frankcut

my son has got some decent pens from there