Sign in to follow this  
trailboss99

An unexpected box arrived . . .

trailboss99

Late last week I checked the mail and found a "Mail awaiting collection" card in the box. Hardly unusual here so I jumped in the car and went into town and collected it. Hmm, local post? I can't recall ordering anything from inside OZ that wouldn't be in a Kogan bag of late . . .

Oh, it's from Gman, now WTF could this be?

IMG_0360_zpsphsp7074.jpg

It's a Seiko and after a bit of searching for the note I knew must be in there I realised the gang had been too kind and bought me a slightly belated but very nice birthday gift.

IMG_0361_zpsotdylctq.jpg

Apart from Monsters this is the first modern Seiko Diver I have owned so nice choice guys! It came with a lovely letter from Graman with the names of those responsible and some personal best wishes from some. So, Mazz, Greg, Solks, Andy, James, Sean, Pob, trk, graman and one other whose name I can't make out (let me know please) thanks so very much for your kindness. This is a very special watch and will (like the ones below) be with me forever.

I may as well take this opportunity to post some of the other gifts I received from folk here for my birthday. Jorge made the effort to come all the way down under to attend my party and both he and his cousin brought some wonderful gifts.

First up Jorge gave me a beautiful pocket watch and those who know me know I'm a sucker for a pocket watch :)

Image00001_zpsxluj6i8x.jpg

His cousin turned up with a bag load of gifts including this lovely box:

Image00014_zpswlrq20cw.jpg

Image00015_zpsi8maory8.jpg

You would have to see this to appreciate just how beautiful it is, that lid is stained glass and although it is supposed to be a tea box it will make a great 4 watch box. As well as that the two of them brought some local Costa Rican coffee:

Image00016_zpswpq8hvqe.jpg and a couple of bottles of the local spirit called Cacique which is a neutral cane spirit similar to vodka only smoother. BTW Jorge, Madonna is busy trying to get an OZ importer to stock the stuff, you have a convert :)

Another forum person who wishes to remain anonymous gifted me this stunning gen Xerfa, a Spanish brand with an ETA movement. You can see their stuff here: http://www.xerfa.net/xerfa.net/

Image00004_zpsdc7pelrx.jpg

Image00002_zpsbuwcmbgu.jpg

A huge thanks to all the above, I truly appreciate each and every gift and the time that went into choosing them.

Mazz

Couldn't of happened to a better guy. Glad your loving the sumo..................

Frazzle

They look great TB, I particularly like the pocket watch as I'm on the hunt for one myself, enjoy them all as I know you will and a belated happy birthday mate.

Pob

You're welcome Col ;)

Enjoy it ;)

nunu78

You deserve it , Col.

ShovelnTC

Wow you must be an alright guy :D

UmpaHimself

IMG_0361_zpsotdylctq.jpg

Wow, fantastic Seiko. Happy belated B day Boss!

dalboy

What a Great Gesture From a Great Bunch of Guys ..

Wear them in good health Col .. ..

Any chance of some closer shots of the PW ...

elp

What wonderful gestures and thoughtfulness from a great community. Happy birthday again.

greg_r

Enjoy it, mate :D

trailboss99

Any chance of some closer shots of the PW ...

Yup, I need to get my camera back as dad has it. The phone doesn't do it justice,

James.

Happy bday mate, you deserve it

onzenuub

Nice gifts.

mulder

Great to see Col and good on the rest of you. I didn't know this was going on. HB Col

andyboy

Enjoy it Col

:beer2:

tonyh7

Congrats. Love that Seiko.

trailboss99

So do I mate. I have quite a few Seikos, three Monsters, some older chronos both quartz and mech and some older divers including my beater 7002 (which is my go to watch for doing crap that breaks watches). This is my first modern Seiko Divers however (Monsters excluded) and it's nice to see the quality is still there. Yeah the bracelet is average at best but I'll be leaving it unworn and putting the watch on a refurbished Jubilee. The Seiko Jube is one of the most comfortable bracelets I have ever worn.

I've been spray painting the last few days and when I'm finished the 7002 will be soaked in gunwash and scrubbed with a tooth brush to remove over spray and the like. I can't think of any other watch I'd be game to do that to but it doesn't hurt the Seiko one bit. Ya gotta love how tough the things are.

Mystery Shopper

Enjoy Col.

:beer2:

wimpie007

Nice! Enjoy them

Ronin82

Really nice watches!

Specially the Sumo!!!

Enjoy it and happy birthday!

RussP

Belated wishes from me, Col.

By the way, if you're looking to replace that rather weather-beaten 2008 Wristwatch Annual, I think I may be able to assist.

Consider it my gift to you.

If you'd rather have something else, perhaps Vol IX of Watches International that I have a duplicate copy of.

PM your details and I'll mail it off to you tomorrow if possible.

Regards,

Russ.

seclark007

Glad you like it, my Friend. Enjoy!

millionaire wannabe

You're now very well prepared for some fun adventures! :). Congrats and enjoy!

graman

Happy Birthday mate... However late!

Missing names from my scrawl are mystery Shopper, seclark and trk.

Glad you like it!!

;)

solkryssare

Enjoy mate and welcome to the Sumo Club :)