Sign in to follow this  
Woody2015

Can I get an honest opinion on this Aliexpress DSSD

Woody2015

Hi all,

Thinking of taking the dive on this as a daily work beater -

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Top-quality-Luxury-Ceramic-44MM-Sea-Dweller-116660-Black-Dial-Stainless-Steel-Automatic-Mens-Men-s/1567569490.html

Feedback looks fair and some of buyers have posted pictures there which gives a little confidence. What are you're expert thoughts here gang?

SteveA

For $100 you can take a punt,Iam no expert but at first glance the dial is all wrong.You would be better off going M2M you may pay a little more but will get a better watch.

greg_r

Or go for one of the better quality cheapies from a trusted dealer.

Woody2015

Cheers,

Being a newbie I just need a little push in the right direction. Think I'll check out the M2M and look for a decent beater on trusted as rec.

Thanks again

rawbaws

If your new to the game stick with a Td. Your first ali purchase might be your last rep purchase and nobody wants that :)

Martijn0007

You could contact reg aka Narikaa and ask if he has any DSSDs laying around.

Edited by Martijn0007

RussP

I'm no Rollies expert, but his pictures look borrowed, possibly from a genuine AD or Rolex's site itself.

I'm always wary when the hands show 10:08 or 1:48.

But, that's me.

gmchris

I would ask on M2M want to buy and see what's available. M2M sales are great because you are dealing with members who value their reputation so can be trusted, and they have already done the QC and likely ironed out any niggles. I have purchased 10 through M2M without issue. Having said that I have just ordered my 1st Ali watch and that is a total lottery in progress, but it's cheaper than a td, but you pays your money (or not) you takes your risk.