plankton

One last poll on a potential gen purchase

Help again  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite

• GMT II Batman
    • Sub TT Blue Ceramic

plankton

One more time gents. Between the Rolex GMT II Blue/black which has a special GMT movement or the Rolex submariner gold (TT) with the 3135. If you were going to budget for months and save like a cheapskate which one would you save for.

sEQvLc7.jpgfEAHog8.jpg

Kcore

On this one the Batman GMT gets my vote. This model TT sub just isn't for me.

Cubic Hare

agree, I have the Batman too, beaut watch.. Not a Gen mind you..

Image20150506075752280-1-01.jpeg

Cheers

Jonnybaws

Of the two.. Batman for me too!

Trüffi

Always the watch without gold ;)

RichardMiami
giphy.gif

GoW13

No-brainer: the Batman! Don´t like those two tones Subs. And the BLNR is one of my favorite watches anyway ;)

Genius

Its gotta be the two tone sub! but save yourself a few $$ and go for the older non ceramic one

plankton

These polls are one of the best things we have going on here guys, thanks for the participation. Nothing like consulting 100's of watch fanatics to check an expensive choice.

ImNotFatImFluffy

GMT "Batman" all the way, I love the two color bezel GMTs, only reason I never got any of them as a rep is due to small case size (and yes ive tried smaller case sizes), if I could do such case sizes and had the cash to spend id definitely go dual color GMT.

yukon

GMT! Useful function! I doubt that you will dive with the Submariner :help3:

Jaymelia

definitely the batman for me

plankton

GMT! Useful function! I doubt that you will dive with the Submariner :help3:

correct, work travel is mostly to the same time zone as well.

James.

Hulk :P :facepalm:

ShovelnTC

I don't like Gold jewelry so it's the Batman all day long.

I saved like a slave for almost 2 years and now have enough for my Grail Gen watch but now it's within my reach I have turned tight-ass and I just can't spend that kind of cash on a watch so good luck with your Gen purchase :P

BentleySharp

None of these people know what they are talking about. If you are buying a gen, take advantage of the fact that the gold on the TT Rolex is REAL SOLID GOLD through and through. That's a luxury you just can't get with a rep. Go gold. Get the TT.

ImNotFatImFluffy
None of these people know what they are talking about. If you are buying a gen, take advantage of the fact that the gold on the TT Rolex is REAL SOLID GOLD through and through. That's a luxury you just can't get with a rep. Go gold. Get the TT.

Im just gonna say that while this is a poll, in the end this is a very valid point

OP should go TT if they really want to, im just thinking probably what everyone else it and that is that the Batman GMT would be more versatile (not to mention that the blue color on the bezel is just amazing)

gran

Stay away from the gold! Uless you truly need to have a pussy magnet watch! In fact you should consider getting something diffrent from a gen ROLEX. Uless you must have a genuine pussy magnet watch like the ROLEX, for Jovhes sake get something more original.

digger2

I would go for a slightly used TT Sub in this case, about the same price as the GMT and will keep its value better I think and gold is always gold, easy to see/feel that it is a gen watch compared to the GMT (if you compare with a replica)

mercedesbenz

I have the gen TT sub - picked it up in 1998 - still a beautiful piece! That gets my vote.

Jonj480

I agree with the last few posts. I think if it is one or the other, from a gen perspective, I would get the TT sub. If it were a rep, I would stay stainless steel all day long, My father told me long ago, that every man in a professional capacity should have at least one watch with some gold in it. I have a tendency to agree. Especially if you are in any kind of professional level sales position. With the big dick contests that tend to happen amongst sales people, it is always good to have that ace in the hole....

fatarms

Personally, I don't wear yellow gold, so I voted batman. However, if you're a gold wearing guy, it could be an investment based solely on the gold content and the price of gold rising in the future.

simonbolivar

Pretty big price difference between the two... But that aside it has to be the TT Blue Sub. Absolutely gorgeous, timeless, and as perfect with shorts and flip flops, as it is with a tux. I have the non ceramic gen 16613, and is my favorite, most worn watch, hands down.

nunu78

Batman

digger2

Pretty big price difference between the two... But that aside it has to be the TT Blue Sub. Absolutely gorgeous, timeless, and as perfect with shorts and flip flops, as it is with a tux. I have the non ceramic gen 16613, and is my favorite, most worn watch, hands down.

I don't really get it about the price diff I checked chrono24 for lowest prices and it was even...