Sign in to follow this  
submarinerblue

Need Replacement Quartz/Analog Movement

submarinerblue

I got this Omega Speedmaster rep a while back. It's a cheapie and not particularly authentic, but I really like it (despite what anyone else mght think).

The analog movement stopped working. I replaced the battery and the digital displays work fine, but the hands still won't move. The watch is dicontinued so I doubt the TD I bought it from can help me. I also doubt my local watchmaker would condescend to deal with a rep.

I might be able to replace the movement myself, but I have no idea what movement I'm looking for or where to get it.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to find a replacement movement or a watchmaker who can work on a digital/analog watch?

I'd hate to just toss it. I'd even ship it back to China if someone there could repair it.

17643143569_fd174e0353_b_d.jpg

HTD

Did you check if the stem is fully in?

submarinerblue

It's in as far as it'll go.

Genius

Maybe it has 2 batteries I have an ana/digi casio like that the first battery is obvious but the second one was a pain in the arse to get at

submarinerblue

Where would the second battery be, and how do you get to it?

Genius

No idea without seeing it, post a picture of the movement and I may be able to help, if not someone else might

submarinerblue

Here's the back of the movement. I replaced the CR2016 battery. I don't see a second. Not sure how to remove the stem to lif out the movement. Any suggestions?

17653178209_bc0a4356bf_b_d.jpg

Genius

As far as I remember that looks like it could be a similar set up to the casio I was referencing. It had one large battery like the one you can see and one much smaller one. I'm not 100% sure but I think if you remove that top plate there may be a small battery nestled underneath somewhere

trailboss99

Could be a dopel battery MVT, if that top plate does clip on lift it off and have a look.

The MVT is some weird arse Chinese MVT, you will never find one more than likely.

submarinerblue

Success! Took it to the local Indian (or Pakistani) watchmaker. There were, in fact, two batteries. The second one was well hidden in the movement. He spent a long time working on it and replaced both batteries for only $20. Such a deal. He didn't seem to have any problem working on a rep.

Genius

Glad you sorted it!

scottb

Glad you got this back up and running! I noticed in another thread that you were having some problems setting the time. Did you ever get this sorted out? Are there any other features besides time and date. I managed to score one of these from a local swap meet for $10 and I'm having trouble figuring it out. Hoping the digital displays aren't purely decorative.

Many thanks!