Sign in to follow this  
Dozza

Greetings from sunny Manchester!!

Dozza

Hi everyone! This is my first proper post so please be kind :D

I’ve been a long time lurker, but as I had an hour to kill I thought I would finally introduce myself to the forum and show you all my ever growing collection.

My obsession began in about 2012 when on holiday in Cyprus I bought a crappy £40 Tag replica. Actually, the word replica would be kind, it could only be described as a fake. I can’t remember much about it as it fell apart 3 days later, but I can say without doubt it would be worthy of the hall of shame. Anyway, it got me thinking that there must be something better out there and sure enough after a few days of research I stumbled across this fine place!

I read through all the newbie tips and after a week of debating I finally settled on a Tag Carrera from Andrew. Six long weeks later (supply issues at the factory) it was finally on my wrist and the obsession stepped up a gear. I’m now 3 years in and my collection can be seen below. I’m fairly happy with what I’ve got at the moment and I’m soon going to pull the trigger on a Steinhart GMT Pepsi.

On to the watches. As I struggle with the most basic bracelet adjustments I took the decision early on to try and buy serviced watches via m2m whenever I can.

The collection in its entirety

6a89c4884630b4f4d6ed838be1421cf2.jpg

Tag Carerra 2008 Singapore GP

This was my first ever rep. I decided to order with Trusty and knew I wanted a Tag to start. I must have gone through the whole section about 300 times and fell in love with this. It’s the 7750 version and after 3 years it is still working like a dream. I must have got lucky as I have encountered no problems and the day and date wheel are flawless. I know it has many imperfections, but I love it just the way it is and it still gets weekly wrist time. I’ve replaced the leather strap with a cavlar and bought a cheap buckle from ebay to finish the look.

f37e869a804c5de7c84f6a10830ad09c.jpg

e598a41fc6d41c366eabc1a867cafc41.jpg

Rolex Explorer II

I bought this from M2M off a different forum. It’s powered by an ETA 2836-2 and was serviced and waterproofed before sale. Whilst I have to say it looks stunning in the watch box and stands out amongst the rest, I’ve just not fell in love with it on the wrist. I can’t put my finger on it, but I’m not ready to give up on it just yet.

4971655b02350b82590ac7a92e4e1123.jpg

d689fe1ca69663492442dfe7950378ff.jpg

Tudor Black Bay

A bit of a punt this one as it’s the Ali special. The build quality has surprised me and I cannot fault the movement, which was advertised as an ETA 2824. If it’s losing any time, I’ve certainly not noticed it all and I’m 5 weeks into this ever growing relationship. I’ve got a leather on order from cb straps, although I’m struggling to source a Tudor clasp (any help would be greatly appreciated). The hands will be replaced, but other than that I’m very happy with this one.

32f227a8dc6543a2f5458653c85efc5c.jpg

b5e22b8a0d00621b6f47254ab61ac32a.jpg

Omega 007

Got this from M2M off another forum. The movement had been serviced before I bought it and it’s powered by an ETA 2824-2. Sadly I threaded the stem two days in to my ownership. I sent it off for repair and had the stem shortened as a short term solution, i will get the crown and tube sorted one day and return it to its former glory.

2a4503c3730237c9bc2dfad3c1ac63b6.jpg

2f2cb8831b2d6b765c8946d77ee82761.jpg

Tag Aquaracer 500M

My pride and joy. I truly love this watch and it gets the most wrist time of the lot. It’s a 2824-2 and has just returned from a service courtesy of UK Watch Services, who I would highly recommend. I’ll let the pictures do the talking.

381913c7ff1ddc6611f87495673b9786.jpg

75ab55e7ff2981471966c54936029f8f.jpg

Breitling Skyland Avnger

A lovely watch, but just slightly too big for me to pull it off. Asian 7750 and keeps excellent time. The chrono is slightly off, but it’s never really bothered me.

a8a468e7ee8f349a7b7390d670a16457.jpg

The cheapies

Jap quartz F1 and 21j Sinn.

5805fa281c1684ec7d5fd6590a3c4390.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my pics and write up. I’m by no means an expert and for the length of time I’ve been here I am still a total novice. That being said, I’m enjoying reading through all the posts and hunting down future purchases :D

James

Or4n6e

Hello, also from sunny manchester. You've got a very nice collection there :-)

Hornet

Hello from Nottingham! Nice collection, liking the Aquaracer...........

avfc

Hello from brum, nice collection

Dozza

Thanks for the kind words guys, its certainly a work in progress :) Too many to buy, too little money...

Vreds

The U1 is actually quite nice! Not often you see them around here :)

Pharmo

hi mate. Lovely collection :)

Hornet

Too many to buy, too little money...

.....ain't that the truth!

Dozza

Tell me about it. I'm trying to figure out how I can smuggle a new edition in to the collection without the mrs noticing!!

Hornet

Tell me about it. I'm trying to figure out how I can smuggle a new edition in to the collection without the mrs noticing!!

......my wife has given up asking thankfully.