Sign in to follow this  
gmchris

INCOMING (NOW LANDED) just for laughs for 80s fans

gmchris

Couldn't resist this rep Casio for only £8. Keep bidding on real ones on the bay but they fetch 30-40 quid now. Last time I had one of these was 1985

UT83AKvXlhXXXagOFbXi.jpg

Edited by gmchris

gam3r

This the calculator one? As a kid I always wanted one of these. Maybe now is the time :D

kennycoder

I had one with calculator. It was awesome and awful at the same time. Btw i still have my first watch witch is a Casio. My dad gave it to me when I was 8. Still running on it's 4th battery.

no_one

I actually had one of these back in the day. What a geek!

narikaa

Take care of the bracelet size on the copies (they're seriously small)

These do bring back memories, combat pistol competitions (back when you were allowed to own a 'y' chromosome in the UK) Score divide time x 10, these where the perfect accessory (Stopwatch and calculator readily to hand)

ShovelnTC

Shit, the 80's is still "recent" for me so it doesn't even seem vintage!

Kaiser

Cool, gotta link?

gmchris

These do bring back memories, combat pistol competitions (back when you were allowed to own a 'y' chromosome in the UK) Score divide time x 10, these where the perfect accessory (Stopwatch and calculator readily to hand)

Yeah those were the days where storing 50 phone numbers in your watch was seriously cool. Kinda wonder how many people would be stuck now if they lost their phone. How do you phone a friend when you don't know their number because you only ever scroll through a list of saved names?

gmchris
Cool, gotta link?

Just type "gold calculator watch " into Ali, seems to filter out all the dayglo stuff (and yes they do gold lol) some mixed reviews though so be prepared for it to be a $13 gamble.

Haltec

Awesome!!!

You just need one of these and the DeLorean!!!

nike_vandal_hi_silver_1.jpg

Great choice of watch!!!!!

Edited by Haltec

gmchris

Marty mcfly had the Casio C50, black plastic with the little grey rubber keys.

Edited by gmchris

wdev

Haha, extremely cool :D Just had my 80's itch scratched a few weeks ago. Never did find my DeLorean again, though....

WP_20150512_15_03_20_Pro_zpscfu6x9tu.jpg

trailboss99

That was the pinnacle of high tech back then, I still have my Casio digital diary in a draw and it still works. I got that for my 21st so 29 years ago. I wonder how many current "smart" phones will work in 29 years?

Yeah those were the days where storing 50 phone numbers in your watch was seriously cool. Kinda wonder how many people would be stuck now if they lost their phone. How do you phone a friend when you don't know their number because you only ever scroll through a list of saved names?

Yup, way back when you actually memorised phone #s, not any more . . .

Haltec

I am torn between gold and silver colouring.

I really like silver one more... but.... Derek (Delboy) Trotter from Trotters Independent Trading Co, wears a golden one!!!

So I'm stuck.

/

Those are higly cool watches!!!

gmchris
I am torn between gold and silver colouring.

I really like silver one more... but.... Derek (Delboy) Trotter from Trotters Independent Trading Co, wears a golden one!!!

So I'm stuck.

/

Those are higly cool watches!!!

Keith Lemon wears a gold one too, dunno if that's good or not?

I had a rep one of these - the bulkier later version with luminous keypad, from a market in Riyadh while working there in 97, it was ok until the "titanium" wore off to reveal the white plastic underneath about a month later :-). Not planning on wearing this one so intensely.

kennycoder

Haha, extremely cool :D Just had my 80's itch scratched a few weeks ago. Never did find my DeLorean again, though....

My neighbor has one.. right on the corner of where I live:

Vew8bUA.jpg

wdev

My neighbor has one.. right on the corner of where I live:

Vew8bUA.jpg

haha, awesome car (handling's a bitch, though). I see your neighbour didn't opt for the flux-capacitor upgrade :giggle:

Mattcas

I'm finding it hard to believe why theres a rep of a £30 watch aha

Russkiy Doc

Edited by Russkiy Doc

Jonnybaws

Love it!!

Had one of them when I were a lad..

I may actually get one again, they're were superb!

BentleySharp

Sorry to go off subject of Casio ... But I know an American doctor who bought Delorean back about 35 years ago. Idiot wakes in the middle of the night and goes to his garage to sit in his Delorean and play. Vroom Vroom he pretend to move, and when he tried to get out, door latch mechanism is jammed. This was a known problem with the Delorean. Of course, he did not know at the time. He tried to get out the passenger door, but he was too close to the wall and the gull-wing door not open. He FAA FAA FAA horns, but his wife did not wake up. Of course, these little windows were too small to crawl out of. So he was sleeping all night in his car. His wife woke up in the morning, thought that he got up early and went to the hospital, so she got dressed and went out the front door, where her girlfriend took her by car to go play tennis, and then she spent the whole day with her friends. The poor man had to take a shit on the front passenger floor. He was still in the car while his wife returned home around dinner time. Not a happy guy. True story.

So you just sat in the car with a big turd on the floorboard for hours...Maan. That's brutal. ...Oh, I mean some "American Doctor" :giggle:

"For Christmas 1979, A DeLorean/American Express promotion planned to sell one hundred 24k gold-plated DeLorean's for $85,000 each to its gold card members, but only two were sold....One of these was purchased by Roger Mize, president of Snyder National Bank in Snyder, Texas. VIN #4301 sat in the bank lobby for over 20 years before being loaned to the Petersen Automotive Museum of Los Angeles.

The second gold-plated American Express DMC-12 is located at the William F. Harrah Foundation/National Automobile Museum in Reno, Nevada.

The third, Now held by a private owner in La Vale, Maryland,is currently for sale at the price of $250,000."

-Excerpt from www.deloreanmuseum.org/car.html

Gold-D.jpg

wdev

Sorry to go off subject of Casio ... But I know an American doctor who bought Delorean back about 35 years ago. Idiot wakes in the middle of the night and goes to his garage to sit in his Delorean and play. Vroom Vroom he pretend to move, and when he tried to get out, door latch mechanism is jammed. This was a known problem with the Delorean. Of course, he did not know at the time. He tried to get out the passenger door, but he was too close to the wall and the gull-wing door not open. He FAA FAA FAA horns, but his wife did not wake up. Of course, these little windows were too small to crawl out of. So he was sleeping all night in his car. His wife woke up in the morning, thought that he got up early and went to the hospital, so she got dressed and went out the front door, where her girlfriend took her by car to go play tennis, and then she spent the whole day with her friends. The poor man had to take a shit on the front passenger floor. He was still in the car while his wife returned home around dinner time. Not a happy guy. True story.

:lmao2:

jimmyd750

Remember pac-man and q-bert watches? This Casio goes in same box for my kid.

elchino

Aaaah! I used to collect many of those Casios when i was a kid and a teenager, beautiful memories!

And this one was one of my favorites:

e28da76379bafb31e9ee06141a55b462.jpg