Sign in to follow this  
gmchris

INCOMING (NOW LANDED) just for laughs for 80s fans

BentleySharp

So... Elchino...

It's against my better judgement but I just have to ask about your avatar picture.

Are you just a Pink Floyd fan or a Neo-Fascist HammerSkin? :boxedin:

elchino
So... Elchino...

It's against my better judgement but I just have to ask about your avatar picture.

Hahaha! No Neo-Fascist here buddy, no way!

I just love Pink Floyd and i think this image and the prism of the Dark Side of The Moon are the most iconic Pink Floyd's images. That's it.

gmchris

I have a 70's theme night out coming up this Christmas, might get one of these, not had one since my birthday in 1979

HTB1eePxGXXXXXbDXXXXq6xXFXXXL.jpg

BentleySharp
So... Elchino...

Hahaha! No Neo-Fascist here buddy, no way!

I just love Pink Floyd and i think this image and the prism of the Dark Side of The Moon are the most iconic Pink Floyd's images. That's it.

Whew... That's what I was hoping you'd say. :lol:

I have a 70's theme night out coming up this Christmas, might get one of these, not had one since my birthday in 1979

HTB1eePxGXXXXXbDXXXXq6xXFXXXL.jpg

...And how awesome is this!

gmchris

The Casio (sorry I mean rep Casio) finally landed today!

DSC_2121_1.jpg

Pros

Well it was only 8 quid odd, and doesn't tick but does tell the time, stores phone numbers, calculates, 8 alarms, world time, timer and Stopwatc, weight is only 58g (like wearing a nato without a watch!)

Cons

Stopwatch doesn't work, inputting names goes right to left but does actually store, numbers are printed a bit dar, plastic stainless case may not last forever

But did I mention it was only 8 quid?

Xpletiv

So if the guy couldn't get out of the DeLorean because the door was too close to the wall.....

how did he get in it?

BentleySharp

So if the guy couldn't get out of the DeLorean because the door was too close to the wall.....

how did he get in it?

:Thinking:

wdev

It's right there if you look for it ;)

And when he tried to get out, door latch mechanism is jammed.

And by this I presume he means the driverside door, which you would expect in normal use :lol:

porschespeedster

Haha, extremely cool :D Just had my 80's itch scratched a few weeks ago. Never did find my DeLorean again, though....

My neighbor has one.. right on the corner of where I live:

Vew8bUA.jpg

Yeahhh Berlin in tha haus! :)

Golfer

Data Bank and ATARI

Gazzla
QvgsHP3.jpg?1

gmchris
QvgsHP3.jpg?1

Got these in Argos for £20, really tempted. There's a thread on wus about these they've nicknamed it the "Casio Royale" as it looks a bit Bond Seiko ish. Some nice modded ones there too. . .

Gazzla

Got these in Argos for £20, really tempted. There's a thread on wus about these they've nicknamed it the "Casio Royale" as it looks a bit Bond Seiko ish. Some nice modded ones there too. . .

How, pray tell, does one mod a Casio?

avc0002

Link

Lenny63

I live two miles from the old DeLorean factory :)

My GF'S uncle worked there too and his job was to put in the handbrake assembly, and then he was moved onto .mounting the body to the chassis

myaz

@Russian Doc. Sorry you went off topic but well worth it.

I suppose he couldn't travel back in time to just before he got in the car. :rofl:

Mike75

I actually have one of those since 1993... The keyboard sticker is barely holding, but the watch functions as new... 22 years...

Lots of memories...

gmchris

Edited by gmchris

gmchris

By removing the lettering to give it a less cluttered look, or repainting the plastic inner bezel thingy, one guy even changed the screen colour with gel sheet and soldered blue leds instead of the standard backlight. It's a lengthy thread

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/digital-appreciation-bond-casio-ae1200-aka-casio-royale-939510.html

Gazzla

By removing the lettering to give it a less cluttered look, or repainting the plastic inner bezel thingy, one guy even changed the screen colour with gel sheet and soldered blue leds instead of the standard backlight. It's a lengthy thread

http://forums.watchu...ale-939510.html

Great thread. Just read the whole lot. Thanks for posting.

Seriously, the most fun you can have with 20 quid. If Argos have them, get one now!

gmchris

http://forums.watchu...ale-939510.html

Great thread. Just read the whole lot. Thanks for posting.

Seriously, the most fun you can have with 20 quid. If Argos have them, get one now!

I can't believe you read all 30 pages - i thought it was just me.

Makes a refreshing change from mechanical analogue stuff, worth looking at!

Replicawatch

I think it looks awesome. Although I now would like a limited edition green Casio calculator watch. I was happy when I found the gen for $59, however, I was unsurprised when I realised you cant get them, even for a for a lot more.

Dork cool is great in my opinion, totally into it!

Sifu Whitey

Casio AE1200 is/was good enough for Bond... James Bond.

http://XrXKPtXgyo7X0ZQhdMMBNTl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9.jpg

Edited by Sifu Whitey

trailboss99

Haha, extremely cool :D Just had my 80's itch scratched a few weeks ago. Never did find my DeLorean again, though....

My neighbor has one.. right on the corner of where I live:

Vew8bUA.jpg

There's one in the next village over. Kids (old and young) love these things, the only reason he can park it without attracting a crowd is that this is a small place and everyone has already drooled over it.

J!m

I can't believe they rep his thing!