Sign in to follow this  
soundman_roo

Is sillix back up and running yet?

soundman_roo

I am thinking about ordering a cheapie orange PO to see how it suits, not looking for a super rep right now. I see sillix has a few options on the cheaper side but I'm aware he has been moving premises and there's been some hold ups with orders....

Anyone know if he's back up to speed before I convince myself to press the button?

Cheers,

Roo

soundman_roo

Or if anyone UK based has on they want to move on m2m I might be interested! ( I realise adding this may put this thread in the wrong section, mods let me know if I'm causing problems)

WatchDog21

I have had communication with Michelle over the last 2 days. Looking to make an order and should hear back again by tomorrow.

WatchDog21

I am thinking about ordering a cheapie orange PO to see how it suits, not looking for a super rep right now. I see sillix has a few options on the cheaper side but I'm aware he has been moving premises and there's been some hold ups with orders....

Anyone know if he's back up to speed before I convince myself to press the button?

Cheers,

Roo

BTW, can anybody tell me the reasoning that "Michelle" is really a He? Was it lost in translation for really Michael?

gareth

try icemix69 buddy he might have one he's the omega king lol :)

soundman_roo

Cool! Good to know, I thought best to check!

As for the name/gender thing, I have no idea.... I'd be as happy dealing with the real names, not worried about whatever alias they choose!

Maybe by being Michelle anyone with complaints goes a bit easier on them than they would with Michael? Who knows???

dfq23

I think the fabled cheapie orange seamaster or seamastei is no more.

Give robbie at aootime a look. He has some decent 21j omegas

soundman_roo

Thanks also for that, as I say looking more at the cheaper end of the scale this time. My most recent, and first rep was a $400 job and was meant to be a one off buy, but now because of this forum only one month later I'm itching for the next!!!!

Icemix69

My pumpkins are staying right where they are mate, couldnt possibly set one of them free

gareth

My pumpkins are staying right where they are mate, couldnt possibly set one of them free

HaHa I knew you had one of them treacle lol

soundman_roo

Ah go on!! Lol

The ones I'm seeing on sillix are listed as 21j but I've yet to email him to see if they are still about, Robbies Gmt one looks pretty sweet, and the Orange rubber looks cooler than the Orange leather one I saw on sillix, maybe worth the extra few dollars.....

This could end up being an expensive forum to visit!!!! :)

WatchDog21

Ah go on!! Lol

The ones I'm seeing on sillix are listed as 21j but I've yet to email him to see if they are still about, Robbies Gmt one looks pretty sweet, and the Orange rubber looks cooler than the Orange leather one I saw on sillix, maybe worth the extra few dollars.....

This could end up being an expensive forum to visit!!!! :)

Ah no, not the forum (although this forum rocks), just the hobby, but yes... Expensive it can be. Hope you can land the one you are looking for.

dfq23

Planet oceans are one of the watches I would say avoid aliexpress and DHgate for when looking for a cheapie.

Too many different versions and mash ups of dials and cases, white date wheels and shitty pearls about to take a punt unseen

soundman_roo

The hobby can be expensive, I'm sure, but coming on here and seeing what other people have sparks my desire, and then the welcomed encouragement and advise tops it off! :) so yeah, I blame the forum a bit, but that's definately NOT a complaint!

Thanks guys.

Icemix69

Planet oceans are one of the watches I would say avoid aliexpress and DHgate for when looking for a cheapie.

Too many different versions and mash ups of dials and cases, white date wheels and shitty pearls about to take a punt unseen

This 100%

Ask robbie, he'll sort you a good one

soundman_roo

I did notice that the one saw on sillix had white numbers on black date wheel (correctly) in one pic. But black on white in another pic on the same item, also wasn't sure of the dimensions listed....

Beginning to think Robbies the way to go...

Had good experience with toro before but sadly couldn't see what I wanted within my price range on his site, really want orange rubber but as I said at the start, not looking for a 'super rep' at the moment! (Mind you, the longer this thread goes on who knows!)

dfq23

Toro does the V5 with high beat movement for about 100 quid. For me I would pay bit extra and get this as it's very very good quality rep and then you can get the older style rep orange rubber straps to match on ebay or ali cheap enough

soundman_roo
Toro does the V5 with high beat movement for about 100 quid. For me I would pay bit extra and get this as it's very very good quality rep and then you can get the older style rep orange rubber straps to match on ebay or ali cheap enough

More good advice! Thanks guys, I really do appreciate your input!

Icemix69

Get the 4813 highbeat that daryn just mentioned, its about £100 but miles better than than the £40 versions, just be careful with the crown

dfq23

Yep

soundman_roo

Cool, I am happy with that, and having dealt with toro before I'm pleased that's where I have found what I'm after.... Thanks everyone for your advice.happy to spend a little more than I first planned to get something decent.

Now to convince the missus that it's a good idea to to send money to a stranger in China again! She let me do it last time I think in the hope that the cash would be lost and I'd get over this whole 'obsession' as she calls it. Looks like I might need to buy some bribe perfume again!! :)