Sign in to follow this  
gareth

"Who am i Kidding"

gareth

I just want to explain I think I have ocd, and I just wanted to ask if anyone else has this problem...

Before I decide on buying a new replica I find myself trawling through shops and trying on numerous gens at the TD prior to placing my order :)

However at this same time the TD seeing whatever I'm sporting on my wrist be it panerai rollie etc... after giving me a healthy latte offers me the brochure for the watches that I can't quite decide on :blind: and couldn't afford lol ...

At this point I have built up a collection of brochures that any TD would be proud of and then I started with the boxes,

Oh yes its got worse :fearlessleader:

After spending money on my new reps I then hunt down all and any associated bumf box tags all the stuff :)

No I am not trying to sell my watches to some fella down the road. I think I am just desperately trying to convince myself that its genuine :lmao:

Does anyone else do this or am I in the minority ????

UmpaHimself

When I first started collecting I wanted everything as a whole package. I never did go down that road and now I couldn't care less. Gen owners don't typically keep their watches in the original boxes either. They're usually just stored until they want to sell or pass on. Plus, rep boxes are for shit and after buying a few gen boxes you could buy a gen watch for the same $$.

elp

Not OCD, but stark, raving loonie. Do you also believe we are all a figment of your imagination, geared towards justifying your unhealthy pursuits? You may have a point ....

gareth

Not OCD, but stark, raving loonie. Do you also believe we are all a figment of your imagination, geared towards justifying your unhealthy pursuits? You may have a point ....

Yes lol problem is it hasn't passed I have been in this game along time member here for 5 years and I'm still doing it maybe the TD's latte machine is just toooo nice :picard2:

RUSH2112

No, none of this. I haven't been in an upscale AD in years.

hnic

i can see why you want the whole package

do you have pics of the collection?!

Mystery Shopper
Who am i Kidding

Yourself mate, only yourself.

Never bothered with boxes etc myself. :D

BenjaminButton

Not here.... Less OCD and more ADHD 'hyperactivity or impulsiveness which is not appropriate for a persons age'.

I find a fleeting attraction to what the gen costs etc - we all imagine winning the lottery and perhaps thats a bit like that imagining your rep is real.

For me - reps represent a daliance with great design thats otherwise unaffordable or I'm too tight. We only get the case and not of the amazing genuine mechanics. Fake boxes and documents and surrounding myself with gentlemans quarterly..... A delusional step too far..... Hanging out in ADs........monomaniacal lunacy. Seek help - take tablets.

gareth

Not here.... Less OCD and more ADHD 'hyperactivity or impulsiveness which is not appropriate for a persons age'.

I find a fleeting attraction to what the gen costs etc - we all imagine winning the lottery and perhaps thats a bit like that imagining your rep is real.

For me - reps represent a daliance with great design thats otherwise unaffordable or I'm too tight. We only get the case and not of the amazing genuine mechanics. Fake boxes and documents and surrounding myself with gentlemans quarterly..... A delusional step too far..... Hanging out in ADs........monomaniacal lunacy. Seek help - take tablets.

I whole heartedly agree however the smugness I feel knowing that the arsewhole/ nice person serving me the free latte thinks I have a pocket full of money and really I'm saving £3 from costa to spend on my next rep :)