Sign in to follow this  
agonzaca

WHERE CAN I DLC A PAM

agonzaca

Hello guys, do you know where can I send a PAM000 for DLC without spending so much?

Thanks

BadPickle

No. but, maybe a simpler solution would be to contact a TD and ask them if they can supply a case only, then just swap the "gubbins" over, (I love that word) I would be tempted to email davidsen first.

Good luck :D

Left Coast Guy

Well a PAM 000 is a Stainless Steel case set. If you want a 44MM Luminor with a DLC case, you're probably looking for PAM 195. You're best bet for finding a large selection of PAMs is probably Kuvarsit....then you can figure out how much you want to pay after that.

I'll warn you right off though that many of the rep DLC's look pretty terrible at the lower price points. The gen DLC is more of a pencil lead color than a true black, so the true black looks suspect in person. Its really a significant difference in person.

agonzaca

No. but, maybe a simpler solution would be to contact a TD and ask them if they can supply a case only, then just swap the "gubbins" over, (I love that word) I would be tempted to email davidsen first.

What are the "gubbins"? and who is davidsen?

plankton

Gubbins sounds like a meal in the PBR estate.............................................................. thats what the help makes him late at night.

romannyc

dlc is usually black however it matters to which guy you go to because they have different tones. some people use a light color for dlc some use darker color.

Edited by romannyc

BadPickle

"Gubbins" is the collective term for all the things that live inside your watch case, and davidsen is on the trusted dealers list, well more the recommended section at the bottom. :D

There's a 44mm panerai "slob" which he sells, I'm sure you could get just a case set if you email nicely. I shall endeavour to dig you out a link. ;)

mysterio

"Gubbins" is the collective term for all the things that live inside your watch case, and davidsen is on the trusted dealers list, well more the recommended section at the bottom. :D

There's a 44mm panerai "slob" which he sells, I'm sure you could get just a case set if you email nicely. I shall endeavour to dig you out a link. ;)

But the SLOB is a bronze case underneath and will be heavier than a similar sized DLCed SS case. If David is your dealer of choice, I would inquire about the PAM 594 (the black dialed watch in the PAM785 set) case. It is a lovely color. Here's mine.

Ig7Y0Ho.png

repvar

there are a bunch of options if you google, but I'm not sure how they'd react to working on a rep.

Maybe you can take the watch apart and just send the case.so it's not as obvious?

greg_r

Not a review. Moved to General.

Chrisby
Well a PAM 000 is a Stainless Steel case set. If you want a 44MM Luminor with a DLC case, you're probably looking for PAM 195. You're best bet for finding a large selection of PAMs is probably Kuvarsit....then you can figure out how much you want to pay after that.

I'll warn you right off though that many of the rep DLC's look pretty terrible at the lower price points. The gen DLC is more of a pencil lead color than a true black, so the true black looks suspect in person. Its really a significant difference in person.

My 026 is fucking awesome. It is more of a grey than black and I'll tell you what, it must be made if some strong shit... Because I've cracked it on walls and everything else and there's not so much as a scratch on it

watch.aholic

Yeah I am after a DLC 111 or a DLC 005 too......A year or two ago you could buy them from TD's with a Kuvarsit V2 case which I remember was awesome but now with the glutton of new PAM releases the old DLCs are forgotten......Anyone perchance bought any of these lately?