Sign in to follow this  
Areyousure

Recommended reps?

Areyousure

I am looking for a top quality150-250 rep with no obvious tells (and/or some way to get a reasonably priced gen insert), stainless steel only (no colors or gold), preferably white faced, and most importantly I have a *very small wrist so a smaller size is much preferred. Any suggested models and/or TDs for same? Thanks in advance for all advice.

RichardMiami

Yes, I am sure.... that this is not a review.

Moved to GD

Venomous

Check here - http://www.rwg.bz/bo...?showtopic=7456

No idea why this is in the Rolex section....

EDIT - Mr Miami beat me to it!

V

GoW13

Who has the best ___ for 150-250$ rep^^

Martijn0007

Define what an 'obvious tell' is in your eyes.

Explorer II would indeed be a great choice. But the incorrect hand stack could be considered an obvious tell.

Wriggles

There's a slight whiff of socks lingering.....

Electron17

Hello and welcome to RWG.

Areyousure

Thanks. This was misposted to wrong section because I did not know better. I've gone through beginner threads/links already (or at least tried). I'm not looking for best Rolex rep -- I've seen some of those threads already -- I'm looking for recommended best Rolex rep (model) that is SMALL, ie for small wrist, and given the other constraints I mentioned. I do appreciate all advice and help.

Areyousure

Obvious tell to me is 1.5 cyclops (but I would not mind if I could replace with gen insert for reasonable price). Incorrect hand stack would be a reasonable boundary-like condition ... Ie, I could certainly live with that but wouldn't want to get too much more obvious than that unless really necessary given my sizing constraints.

Fyi, I assume it's obvious Im a true noob and learning on the fly.

King

How about one of Toro's $160 H-fac pams? Not sure if he has any white-faced ones ATM, but they're great for the money.

Areyousure
How about one of Toro's $160 H-fac pams? Not sure if he has any white-faced ones ATM, but they're great for the money.

Thanks. The thread was initially misposted to Rolex so I guess I should specify that is what I am looking for. Buying a 2nd watch is a not bad idea and some of the PAMs look very appealing to me (although I was a bit worried after reading here that the H fac black colouring would fall into the category of obvious tell vs Noob v3? Or was that just the 26k?). But I was worried a PAM would be too big for my wrist??? Which PAM were you thinking of?

Edited by Areyousure

Martijn0007

Start reading some topics on the forums. Most questions have been asked before.

Gen Rolex parts are expensive, aspecially modern Rolex parts.

chase0224

Bro there are literally thousands of different reps, you must be more specific on the brand or style you are after. Go to the TD list and check their sites for something you like.

GenTLe
Thanks. This was misposted to wrong section because I did not know better. I've gone through beginner threads/links already (or at least tried). I'm not looking for best Rolex rep -- I've seen some of those threads already -- I'm looking for recommended best Rolex rep (model) that is SMALL, ie for small wrist, and given the other constraints I mentioned. I do appreciate all advice and help.

Imho Rolex datejust 37mm or milgauss 40mm (I have the blue dial one and it is amazing).

Eventually a manual wind vintage Daytona 37mm (good ones at Trusty site). They don't have 100% correct subdial spacing but they are beautiful and reliable. Look at the big red Daytona for example.

black263

Thanks. The thread was initially misposted to Rolex so I guess I should specify that is what I am looking for. Buying a 2nd watch is a not bad idea and some of the PAMs look very appealing to me (although I was a bit worried after reading here that the H fac black colouring would fall into the category of obvious tell vs Noob v3? Or was that just the 26k?). But I was worried a PAM would be too big for my wrist??? Which PAM were you thinking of?

You gotta be joking. No-one comes here and buys 2 watches. Once the bug gets into you, you'll be wondering when to get your second watch box, never mind watch.

Areyousure

Imho Rolex datejust 37mm or milgauss 40mm (I have the blue dial one and it is amazing).

Eventually a manual wind vintage Daytona 37mm (good ones at Trusty site). They don't have 100% correct subdial spacing but they are beautiful and reliable. Look at the big red Daytona for example.

Hi, thanks for the very helpful post. I think I am settling on my first 2 reps as between Explorer 1, DJ, and Daytona -- also love the Milgauss but remain a bit worried that 3mm extra will be too much for my wrist.

I could not figure out which Red Daytona you were referencing on the the trusty site, could you post or send me a link?

Realism

hi - can you recommend a subway sandwich too?

Replicawatch

I thought subway only do meatball marinaras on hearty italian bread, with extra cheese and jalapenos

Realism

I thought subway only do meatball marinaras on hearty italian bread, with extra cheese and jalapenos

no they have more on the menu... hence... i need some guidance

Replicawatch

I must visit the subway website and see what I have been missing, lol

GenTLe

Hi, thanks for the very helpful post. I think I am settling on my first 2 reps as between Explorer 1, DJ, and Daytona -- also love the Milgauss but remain a bit worried that 3mm extra will be too much for my wrist.

I could not figure out which Red Daytona you were referencing on the the trusty site, could you post or send me a link?

The Daytona is this one 3-Rolex-6263-BP-LCW-2-HR.jpg

But just search for vintage Daytona at Trusty Time site and you will find various models there. Also the gold one is very nice!

Daywatch

Just start with a plain and simple 36mm Datejust with sticks or roman numerals and go from there.

NFleischer

Yes +1 for this

RUSH2112

If there's one thing we don't have, it's a shortage of info on Rolex reps regardless of size.