ebzen02

Noobmariner/Nymphomariner History

Baldrick
The current batch of "Noobfactory" watches being sold by the GZ based dealers are using the caseset of the first Noobs.

That's where the confusion is arising Col, the current casesets are NOT the same as the original Noobmariner case-set, those original case-sets were never made in China, they came from the factory in Cambodia that produces the vast number of 'franken' Datejusts / Subs etc etc, which all use old Rolex movements which are numerous throughout Cambodia and are refurbished into 'new' models. Maria and the Bangkok 'factory' had strong ties to those suppliers in Cambodia and Maria and TTK offered other items from that same source, not least the 14k Day/ Date that was produced there.

The Chinese are very reticent about making unnecessary changes, if the current crop of case-sets WERE the same they would still carry the F52117 serial number engraving, they don't, because they don't come from the same source, are they as good, probably, as far as I can see, they're all good nowadays.

Narikaas current offerings are more than likely the same as 'your ' Noobfactory' offerings from other suppliers.

The fact that Narikaa still uses the term Nymphomariner doesn't imply they're the same, just that they are indeed a Sub 'mariner' and have the appelation 'Nympho' because they still 'cum' quicker than TTK's.

prestigewatchco

Col the easy way to see is to take the end link off at 6 and see how many have F52177 serial numbers.

I know one of the 2 I sent did see how many others have it. Settles all the questions then because thats the only serial number the original noob mariner makers ever used.

As for the question is Reg's the same as the others I have no idea what I do know is unless it's F52117 then it's not from the original and only source of noob mariners.

It's possible the components for the current submariners are from China and assembled as Noob submariners in BKK but they are not the original noob mariners regardless of who assembled them and where.

The Chinese dealers calling everything Noob factory is a new thing and nothing to do with the old noob mariner

sconehead

Nope, Maria and TTK were defo getting it on....there are pics and everything...TTK was indeed a very keen photographer and not only of watches...:clap:

re-the serials, to add credence to the whole 'noob' thing you'd think it would be real easy, if they are indeed repping a rep, to make sure the serial matched the old one (hence the new M model ending with 177 perhaps?)

Akira

Sometimes methinks Maria wasn't the only one humping TKK.

Right Baldrick ? :clap:

Baldrick

Right Baldrick ? :lol:

Wrong, TTK was a 'giver; not a 'receiver', neither he nor Maria were into humping, tho' if they were methinks it was humping noobs like you :clap:

@Sconey, these allegations are useless without alleged photos, if you have them, publish and be damned, if not, then your assertions are useless withouut the pics :lol:

prestigewatchco

Well if TTK was a switch hitter and I have no reason to think he was!

He was more like Ronny Kray than Quinton Crisp thats for sure

Baldrick
switch hitter
:clap:

There's more chance of Sconey receiving a humour transplant or the Dancing General being a real General than TTK being a 'switch hitter' and yes Robert, you wouldn't have said it to his face :lol:

Akira

Right Baldrick ? :lol:

Wrong, TTK was a 'giver; not a 'receiver', neither he nor Maria were into humping, tho' if they were methinks it was humping noobs like you :clap:

Calling me a "noob" is missleading unless you have pics to prove :lol:

Baldrick

Nothing misleading at all, you're a self proclaimed "wussy hero wannabe", and if you think you're gonna goad me into a discourse with the purpose of elevating your status to anything more than the level of amoebic dysentry, think again, I like a challenge and believe me you're no Kurosawa :clap:

Now, demonstrate that you can come up with something.

A. Funny

B. Sarcastic

C. Intelligent.

D. Informative.

And I may give due consideration to responding, funny or sarcastic even Germane, would be best, no pressure! :lol:

Akira
Nothing misleading at all, you're a self proclaimed "wussy hero wannabe", and if you think you're gonna goad me into a discourse with the purpose of elevating your status to anything more than the level of amoebic dysentry, think again, I like a challenge and believe me you're no Kurosawa :lol:

:clap: No need to player-hate

I was just referring to your knowledge about TKK and to the stock of pics you have from him.

Thought you guys might have been closer than a costumer/dealer relationship :lol:

But this isn't the rigth place to discuss this anyways....

ebzen02

Ah! This is why I love this forum! Great info.

Great pics/ illustrations Baldy..... :clap:

Baldrick

Is that it ?

I don't have a 'big stock' of his pics, I have access to his Photobucket account.

My knowledge has been gleaned over 10 years of reading his posts over every forum, plus lots of conversations with him, which is why I called you a noob, you have no idea of the history of him or these fora that have existed since 1997/8.

With this in mind, I'd hazard a guess that you have nothing funny, sarcastic, intelligent, informative or germane to add to the present discourse, yes?

Incidentally I have never been a 'costumer' nor a 'costumier' of TTK, I think he had his own personal tailor.

Akira
Is that it ?

I don't have a 'big stock' of his pics, I have access to his Photobucket account.

My knowledge has been gleaned over 10 years of reading his posts over every forum, plus lots of conversations with him, which is why I called you a noob, you have no idea of the history of him or these fora that have existed since 1997/8.

With this in mind, I'd hazard a guess that you have nothing funny, sarcastic, intelligent, informative or germane to add to the present discourse, yes?

Yes Baldrick that's it.

I have nothing funny, sarcastic, intelligent, informative or germane to add to the present discourse.

Sorry for making the hard-edged joke, you might hadst a sexual relationship with a male dealer.

I didn't want to upset you.

I'm just not as lingually gifted in english as others, maybe I failed to make clear it was sarcastic.

Calling me a "noob" is missleading unless you have pics to prove :clap:

I was referring to the term "noob" as the missleading usage of "noob"mariner.

I appreciate your knowledge and didn't say otherwise.

Baldrick

Chill out and Google the phrase 'ripping the piss', :clap:

Akira

I know it :lol:

But this could have turned into an endless thing...with you crying me crying whatsoever :lol:

Let's move on to the topic.

I would be interested in Reg's opinion :clap:

ebzen02

+1

Although I do know that Reg still hand picks his watches in Thailand.. He will be there next month and I am ordering one.

Baldrick

Crying, :clap::lol:

+1 reg is a good dealer, I have to say that, he always takes me for a beer when he comes out here ( just the one tho', he's a typical Scouser, miserable b'stard).

The fact that he cherry picks his stock and supplies from the UK, makes him my dealer of choice, having said that, I haven't bought anything from him for a while :lol:

ebzen02

Another One of the signature tells was the shallower rehaut depth..for those that need to know it was about 1.8 mm deep while the TW/MBW etc. had a slightly deeper 2.0mm, albeit noticeable, one. Correct me if I am wrong..

sconehead
Another One of the signature tells was the shallower rehaut depth..for those that need to know it was about 1.8 mm deep while the TW/MBW etc. had a slightly deeper 2.0mm, albeit noticeable, one. Correct me if I am wrong..

2.1mm for the TWB dammit!!! :lol:

ebzen02

2.1mm for the TWB dammit!!! :lol:

Right..which is closer to the gen than the originoob 1.825372849..

Btw, the neomariners (the new noobmariners) seem to have the same rehaut depth as the original noobmariner...hmmm interesting..

trailboss99

Back on topic now are we?

Of the four GZ bought supposed Noobmariner's two had the correct serial, I'll have to check to see who's but apart from that they are all the same case set. You can tell by the machining marks that they were all made using the same CAM program, the machining marks (with allowance for different tooling) are identical on every case, the CNC mills do every thing the same every time so you can tell the same program was used. I am yet to compare it to an old case but it sounds like they are different anyway.

As for the serial, that means little since it's etched/engraved afterwards. It could be added to any case. For example, I have a cpl of subs from Josh that are around three or four years old that have the noob serial on them. I'd say they are from the same GZ "Noobfactory" as the current crop.

Col.

ebzen02

What I noticed from your RWI is that Narikaa's sub was one of your best timekeepers (only gaining 3secs) and was waterproofed whereas most others failed even the WMD9.. Much to say about that.

sconehead
What I noticed from your RWI is that Narikaa's sub was one of your best timekeepers (only gaining 3secs) and was waterproofed whereas most others failed even the WMD9.. Much to say about that.

I can't help myself,

KY jelly?

:lol:

sorry Reg...;)

ebzen02

I can't help myself,

KY jelly?

:lol:

sorry Reg...;)

;)

KBH

Statistically insignificant due to the limited number of entries.