Sign in to follow this  
Lagger

WU how does something so shit get so big

Lagger

Nothing but a rant really, just tried to use western union over the phone, done it before after great heartache, but today even though I could answer all questions I failed security.

What a pile of absolute garbage they are, and the comedy 'online' service is even worse, yes I know I can go into a shop with my passport, utility bill and DNA sample but in today's times come in for fuck sake......third world crap

ShovelnTC

Yeah I guess I'm getting lazy but I haven't bought a watch recently that couldn't be bought by secure CC or Paypal.

WU is just too much hassle to do locally and want too much info on-line.

narikaa

Money transfer service

not

Payment Processor

Hornet

I've used both the online service and the shop based service, have never had a problem with either. Even managed to easily and successfully cancel a transfer via phone....

dingle

constipation?

RUSH2112

I've never been asked for any documentation in the store. I just fill out the form, give them the money and wait for my watch

stevok2305

Prefer using Moneygram, Never had a problem with the Online service

dfq23

I got banned for making too many transactions. I prefer money gram as much easier and can be done at any post office but a lot of dealers won't take it even though it's same thing as WU

Frankt8242

Their elaborate security procedures are a result of the level of scum that exists on the web these days..Be very glad they are in fact exercising due diligence while handling your assets.

chuckbass

I had been rejected every single time with WU on phone and online, until last week when I paid Toro online. I'd paid him a few times before from the Branch. It was the best feeling to see it go through on the web! So surprising, not to mention inexplicable.

Hornet

Best WU experience I had was realising it was "World no fees day" and had the 10% TD discount as well....

Lagger

WELL this turned into an EPIC, 2 attempts to pay at different retailers resulted in them telling me that they had there terminals locked by WU (randomly) and they were having a ffing nightmare getting past security to get themselves back online, bizarrely in desperation I tried the online service and succeeded, but I have an £800 limit, I will wait till next purchase where I will get fobbed off again no doubt

Robin195959

Thought you were talking bout Hublot watch co!!!