Sign in to follow this  
kennycoder

Why?

kennycoder

This:

maradona_240513.jpg

And when younger:

maradona2.jpg

Is it some kind of a manual GMT functionality?

hnic

why not

bossman status

i wouldnt want to wear 2 at a time

but suits his status/style imo

Duzza
richard-e.-grant-at-event-of-dom-hemingway-(2013)-large-picture.jpg

greg_r

It's called "being a twat"

solkryssare

Because he can......

KeNnY

:lol: :lol:

hgh-maradona.jpg

BentleySharp

It's called "being a twat"

^---- THIS THIS THIS

kennycoder

I meant more like "why 2 hublots" ? Still don't get it. Some day people will be wearing 5 of them or something. 2 @ wrists.. two @ ankles and one on the "schwanz".

Kleen™

He's an idiot...but then again; never been into soccer...;)

Mazz

He's an ass monkey

griffon22

you should see where he has the other (3rd) watch .

but there again ,he was always a bit of a dick ,with his split personality ,on and off the pitch, reefer anyone ???

Vreds

It's fashion you idiots :giggle::brightlight:

KQrSa3S.jpg

baires

The one on his left wrist is God's

But on a serious note, yes, it's an alternative to wearing a GMT watch. He wears two when he's traveling, and keeps one on Buenos Aires time to know when to call his daughters.

scorpion

Its called BALANCE and keeps both arm in sync :giggle:

onzenuub

It's the cocaine.

baires

Dedicated to all our English friends out there:

1292711_o.gif

Replicawatch

Cheating little fucker!

baires

Cheating little fucker!

Oh, it still stings, 30 years later... :)

Replicawatch

It does! I was young at the time and remember the game like it was yesterday!

He was a great player, but I stick to the fact that he was essentially a cheating little fucker!!!

baires

Part of the fun in soccer is seeing how much you can get away with, whether it's exaggerating the seriousness of an injury with an Oscar-worthy performance, or fondling an opposing player to distract him at just the right moment. The "hand of God" incident is the ultimate example of "if the ref didn't see it, it never happened"

SlightForkedInganue.gif

baires

For our American friends who may not know what we are talking about, it's about the two Maradona goals in the 2-1 Argentina-England match of the 1986 World Cup:

From Wikipedia:

"Hand of God" goal

Six minutes into the second half, Maradona cut inside from the left and played a diagonal low pass to the edge of the area to team-mate Jorge Valdano and continued his run in the hope of a one-two movement. Maradona's pass was played slightly behind Valdano and reached England's Steve Hodge, the left midfielder who had dropped back to defend.

Hodge tried to hook the ball clear but miscued it. The ball screwed off his foot and into the penalty area, toward Maradona, who had continued his run. England goalkeeper Peter Shilton came out of his goal to punch the ball clear. Maradona, despite being 8 inches (20 cm) shorter than the 6-foot-1 (1.85 m) Shilton, reached it first with his outside left hand. The ball went into the goal. Referee Ali Bin Nasser of Tunisia claimed he did not see the infringement and allowed the goal, much to the chagrin of the English players and management.

Maradona later said, "I was waiting for my teammates to embrace me, and no one came... I told them, 'Come hug me, or the referee isn't going to allow it.'"

At the post-game press conference, Maradona facetiously commented that the goal was scored "un poco con la cabeza de Maradona y otro poco con la mano de Dios" ("a little with the head of Maradona and a little with the hand of God"), after which it became known as the "Hand of God" goal. The goal helped intensify the footballing rivalry between the two nations: the English now felt that they had been cheated out of a possible World Cup victory, while the Argentines enjoyed the manner in which they had taken the lead.

The Goal of the Century

Just four minutes after the Hand of God goal, however, came The Goal of the Century, so called because it is often claimed to be the greatest individual goal of all time.Midfielder Héctor Enrique passed the ball to Maradona inside his own half. Maradona then began his 60-yard, 10-second dash towards the English goal, passing four English outfield players – Peter Beardsley, Peter Reid, Terry Butcher (twice) and Terry Fenwick. Maradona finished the move with a feint that left goalkeeper Peter Shilton on his backside, before slotting the ball into the net to make the score 2–0 to Argentina.

About the goal, Maradona said, "I made the play to give it to Valdano, but when I got to the area they surrounded me and I had no space. Therefore, I had to continue the play and finish it myself." He later complimented the fair play of the English team, saying, "I don't think I could have done it against any other team because they all used to knock you down; they are probably the noblest in the world".

In 2002, the goal was voted 'Goal of the Century' as part of the buildup to the 2002 FIFA World Cup tournament on the FIFA website. It beat a goal scored by England's Michael Owen, against Argentina in the 1998 FIFA World Cup, which came second, whilst another 1986 FIFA World Cup goal by Maradona, from the semi-final match against Belgium, came fourth.

Genius
lrg_gazza+%26+jones+photo.1f7cfeb.jpg

porkman65

He always wears 2 watches. I can recall watching a documentary about him where I saw him wearing a 18k YG Daydate on one hand and either a white gold or a platinum one on the other. At the time I thought to myself...why not if you can afford it but then again only a big headed flash bastard would do such a thing!

ag69

Is Hublot the new Swatch?? I remember in the '80s people would be wearing Swatches up and down both wrists!!

kennycoder

Is Hublot the new Swatch?? I remember in the '80s people would be wearing Swatches up and down both wrists!!

Hublot wishes :rofl:

Jokes aside... i kinda have a soft spot for ice bang