Sign in to follow this  
Thenew1

Someone please help!

Thenew1

so i finally got the balls to take apart a watch and make some mods on it. for this sub, i aim to remove rehaut, and install TC insert. I am now at the point where i put back the bezel assembly. however im at a roadblock.

where the hell does that ring go?!?!

it seems no matter where i try to fit it in, it just wont amd bezel wont rotate as it should. someone help!!

the item in question is pictured at the top middle below.

116nyif.jpg

klt11

that ring sits on the inside of the bezel from memory, there should be a slit where it sits in

dudermania

Fuck me. Thats a shit predicament to be in. Good luck dude. I don't even have the cojones to take mine apart - so you're a better man than I...

Thenew1
1435205013[/url'>' post='1645209']

that ring sits on the inside of the bezel from memory, there should be a slit where it sits in

I tried this and it gave me the best result. however when seating the assembly, there was a piece that stayed stickig out.. am i supposed to force it? also, crystal should be installed before bezel, right?

1435205174' post='1645210']

Fuck me. Thats a shit predicament to be in. Good luck dude. I don't even have the cojones to take mine apart - so you're a better man than I...

yeah its become quite a pain in the ass lol. thanks mate

fancyaquickie

It will go in place with a little encouragement. That bit that sticks out along with the shape is what gives it a little tension and the clicking movement when assembled.

I did mine crystal before bezel, gave it a quick spin and then finally bezel insert when happy.

fancyaquickie

I also sat the casing on a piece of paper with a mark on it then lined up the casing perfectly so I could get the crystal crown exactly where it needed to be. I bet there are better methods but that was mine.

I also went to town on it with this whilst I had it apart. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7PC-Hard-Metal-Cleaning-Polishing-Mop-Wheel-Kit-With-Compounds-Fits-Any-Drill-/251878457153?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa5203f41 Came up a treat.

And bent the click doofers up a fraction as it was a bit wishy washy (apologies if this was a bit technical lol).

Thenew1

thanks for your help guys. got it all back together now.

the finished product:

t0ke15.jpg

dalboy

Late to the party !!

Glad you sorted it ..... looking good Ole Son .

Dal.

Thenew1
1435214523[/url]' post='1645242']

Late to the party !!

Glad you sorted it ..... looking good Ole Son .

Dal.

thanks mate! pretty proud of myself to be honest lol

Baldrick

WoW......just..... WoW.....wot a difference :B):