Sign in to follow this  
charlesanderika

Is this an AR fault or glue and....

charlesanderika

any suggestions for getting rid of it.... or should I just forget it and just enjoy wearing it??

I picked this Omega up on M2M recently and I really like it but in some lights one side of the crystal has a definite problem as you can see on the picture. Its not always visible but its driving my OCD nuts !! Any help gratefully received :)

19402118311_f3a2633fa1_c.jpg

UmpaHimself

Sometimes the top layer of AR can start to wear off and fade, or get scratched. If it's sapphire then the cristal is fine but just the AR is messed up. If you've already tried cleaning it with a microfiber then it's the AR. Some people have the top layer buffed off and it cleans right up.

nunu78

you can use cape cod polish cloth as well, i've used it to polish out the top layer of AR from my Seamaster 300 ceramic.

1b67052d2197cfb575f590faa793d728.jpg

charlesanderika

I had the same issue on a B&R and ended up using jewellers rouge and polished it out without any further concerns and I was not bothered with the small loss of AR.

This is stuff I used Charles - http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B001V6EKZ8

Good luck mate :)

you can use cape cod polish cloth as well, i've used it to polish out the top layer of AR from my Seamaster 300 ceramic.

Awesome - thanks guys - I have a Dremmel so I reckon that Jewelers Rouge will do the trick, and if not I'll try the Cape Cod (the Seamaster looks great)

Cheers C

JSJ

I had the same issue on a B&R and ended up using jewellers rouge and polished it out without any further concerns and I was not bothered with the small loss of AR.

This is stuff I used Charles - http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B001V6EKZ8

Good luck mate :)

Awesome - thanks guys - I have a Dremmel so I reckon that Jewelers Rouge will do the trick, and if not I'll try the Cape Cod (the Seamaster looks great)

Cheers C

I would try by hand before going after it with a Dremel, much as I like my Dremel. One slip and you will have an ex-crystal.

Just a thought. Good luck with it.

Foxindebox

+1 for the Cape Cod. I did the same with a Chopard I had and it cleaned right up.