Sign in to follow this  
Seven7r

Which Datejust is worth it?

Seven7r

In my opinion You should get a Seiko SKX007, wear it and let it age - You´ll enjoy it in 20 or 30 years time as the first "real" watch.

For others try to get a similar Tudor Prince Oysterdate - that would be suited for 16 yrs.

IMG_0255_ol.jpg

I like that Tudor, but I just don't like how Seiko watches look. It's just my personal preference, man.

Plus the reason why I posted was to ask for people's opinions regarding these DJs, not to ask if I should get anything else. Oh my god.

Fucking school holidays

Fuck off

Seven7r

If you clearly don't have the money to buy a Rolex, no-one you meet will assume it's real, no matter how much you spend. In fact, even it it was real, everyone would assume it's a fake. That's just the way it is with Rollies. If you really must have a Rolex, and want the best bang for your buck, buy something from Reg. (Narikaa)

It's just that these were the old DJs I found. All the more expensive ones with sapphire crystals are the newer 1162xx models that I don't like.

I have the money for it, but I can't justify paying for it right now. My parents don't want me buying replicas already, so them seeing that I spent $200 on a fake item would get me a stern talking to.

Seven7r

You're going to need to double your budget to achieve what you want.

I don't need something like an ETA movement with 28.6k bph because most people that look at my watch don't really know about the differences between the 21.8k bph and the 28.6k bph ones. I just want something that I could enjoy wearing and looking at. Man, for a replica watch forum, some people here are really snobby. (not you)

In my opinion You should get a Seiko SKX007, wear it and let it age - You´ll enjoy it in 20 or 30 years time as the first "real" watch.

Couldn't agree more. Plus there's a lot of street cred to be had from wearing this icon of genuine quality in your neck of the woods. Those in the know will give you more respect with a 007/9 on your wrist than with any fake rolex pare.

I would if I liked how Seiko watches look. But it just doesn't do it for me. I like how the old Rolex watches look, and if there was a Seiko homage that looks like any old Rolex, I would probably buy one.

Stuvetjee

For others try to get a similar Tudor Prince Oysterdate - that would be suited for 16 yrs.

I like that Tudor, but I just don't like how Seiko watches look. It's just my personal preference, man.

Plus the reason why I posted was to ask for people's opinions regarding these DJs, not to ask if I should get anything else. Oh my god.

Fucking school holidays

Fuck off

:popcorn:

black263

IMG_0255_ol.jpg

Fucking school holidays

Fuck off

OOOOH. The child has thrown his toys out of the cot. Listen young cub. If you want to survive around here, you'd better not try being rude to the grown ups. It won't end well for you.

Mattcas

i'll never understand the need to make people believe you have a gen or that the watch is suitable for your age. My watches are for me...noone else and I'm pretty sure not one person ive met cares whether its real for fake. Dunno if thats just me or?

Because I'd rather not be called out.

I wasn't just talking specifically about you but if you are going to have a then mard then....maybe you should go to your room young man? :Jumpy:

IMG_0255_ol.jpg

Fucking school holidays

Fuck off

OOOOH. The child has thrown his toys out of the cot. Listen young cub. If you want to survive around here, you'd better not try being rude to the grown ups. It won't end well for you.

Does 26 count as a grown up? ;)

UmpaHimself

This whole thread is a fail. Buy the watch you want and buy the best version available, regardless (my motto of course). If you don't even have the money to buy a decent rep then nobody is going to believe whatever bs story you tell them anyway. Best to just get yourself a Seiko or Invicta and not worry about it. I wouldn't go near one of those $50 reps.

black263

i'll never understand the need to make people believe you have a gen or that the watch is suitable for your age. My watches are for me...noone else and I'm pretty sure not one person ive met cares whether its real for fake. Dunno if thats just me or?

Because I'd rather not be called out.

I wasn't just talking specifically about you but if you are going to have a then mard then....maybe you should go to your room young man? :Jumpy:

IMG_0255_ol.jpg

Fucking school holidays

Fuck off

Does 26 count as a grown up? ;)

In UK, under 18 is a child. 18 and over is an adult. Grown-up is a state of mind.

RussP

I loved visiting Greenhills when I visited Manila in 2014.

There are reps and there are genuine looking reps in those stalls.

Be prepared to pay a lotta pesos for the best looking rep, 'cause there's a truckload of awful reps being sold under that roof.

Seven7r

This whole thread is a fail. Buy the watch you want and buy the best version available, regardless (my motto of course). If you don't even have the money to buy a decent rep then nobody is going to believe whatever bs story you tell them anyway. Best to just get yourself a Seiko or Invicta and not worry about it. I wouldn't go near one of those $50 reps.

Listen aight? I'm spending my own money on this, and I don't have only $50 to spend on a replica watch. It's just that these are the only ones that are the older 162xx models available when I checked. All of the higher-end replicas are the newer style ones (1162xx) and I don't like those.

Maybe if you take the time to read what I've been posting, you could see that they don't really sell the old ones anymore and I personally prefer the old ones. Plus, my parents don't want me spending money on replicas because they don't want their son to be wearing a fake item because none of their items are fake. Jesus Christ, the audacity of people posting telling me as if I'm an impoverished child trying to look wealthy. I'm buying reps because I don't personally have $7,500 right now to spend on a watch. I'm just waiting for the time that my dad gets me a genuine Rolex.

I could spend $130, but I don't want to. I'd rather get a nice simple beater, and pocket the rest of the money to use in investments. The problem with some of the people in this forum, is that they're too snobby about costs, and act as if it's the real thing. You guys act even snobbier than actual genuine Rolex owners.

Also, the very essence of this post was me asking which of the fucking DJs is nicer.

Edited by Seven7r

Seven7r

I loved visiting Greenhills when I visited Manila in 2014.

There are reps and there are genuine looking reps in those stalls.

Be prepared to pay a lotta pesos for the best looking rep, 'cause there's a truckload of awful reps being sold under that roof.

Yeah you're right, there's a lot of the higher-end replicas that have Swiss/Asian ETAs that are kept in the glass cases. But what I enjoy doing is setting a certain price budget, and looking for the best one available, and haggling it down to the price budget +/-.

Seven7r

IMG_0255_ol.jpg

Fucking school holidays

Fuck off

Well these "grown-ups" you're referring to, are acting childish. Who wouldn't get fucking pissed off when you're belittled like that for asking a question regarding two watches. Stop acting like you're superior just because you're an older member. Do that to someone and see what their reaction is.

Martijn0007

Well, here we go again :coffee2:

By the way, basically everything what you said in the last few posts contradicts what you said in the first one.

At first you were looking for a close to genuine rep, but now you say:

I could spend $130, but I don't want to. I'd rather get a nice simple beater, and pocket the rest of the money to use in investments. The problem with some of the people in this forum, is that they're too snobby about costs, and act as if it's the real thing. You guys act even snobbier than actual genuine Rolex owners.

Seven7r

By the way, basically everything what you said in the last few posts contradicts what you said in the first one.

I meant these guys talk as if they're wearing a genuine Rolex on their wrist, and people from TRF don't even act this snobby towards people asking questions. They're always supportive.

I am looking to get a rep that doesn't scream fake when you're wearing it around. But it doesn't need to have the insane details like correct date serial number, appropriate "Mark" number for the dial and serial, and other intricate details. I don't need those because anyone that takes a good look at the watch would know that it's a replica because I tell people that ask about my watch that it's a rep.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

pmartin245

Those were $50? You got ripped off. They look horrendous. As for the best one? I'd say the one with the less shitty cyclops. But they pretty much both suck equally. There's a reason why this forum almost strictly pushes reps from TDs. To each their own, though.

RUSH2112

Listen aight? I'm spending my own money on this, and I don't have only $50 to spend on a replica watch. It's just that these are the only ones that are the older 162xx models available when I checked. All of the higher-end replicas are the newer style ones (1162xx) and I don't like those.

Maybe if you take the time to read what I've been posting, you could see that they don't really sell the old ones anymore and I personally prefer the old ones. Plus, my parents don't want me spending money on replicas because they don't want their son to be wearing a fake item because none of their items are fake. Jesus Christ, the audacity of people posting telling me as if I'm an impoverished child trying to look wealthy. I'm buying reps because I don't personally have $7,500 right now to spend on a watch. I'm just waiting for the time that my dad gets me a genuine Rolex.

Also, the very essence of this post was me asking which of the fucking DJs is nicer.

You make a thread here and ask questions and we will answer as we feel appropriate. You're lucky you got an answer at all. If you're not prepared to stop acting like a dick, go away.

black263

I meant these guys talk as if they're wearing a genuine Rolex on their wrist, and people from TRF don't even act this snobby towards people asking questions. They're always supportive.

I am looking to get a rep that doesn't scream fake when you're wearing it around. But it doesn't need to have the insane details like correct date serial number, appropriate "Mark" number for the dial and serial, and other intricate details. I don't need those because anyone that takes a good look at the watch would know that it's a replica because I tell people that ask about my watch that it's a rep.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

ALL Rolex, even gens, scream fake to the vast majority of people. If you want to wear something around, and not get called out, don't buy a Rolex. And if your parents don't want you to wear a replica, how are you going to explain wearing one to them. Or are you going to tell them it's gen?

GenTLe

I am looking to get a rep that doesn't scream fake when you're wearing it around

Dude, read this:

1 whatever Rolex you put on yourself, being 16yo, will scream fake. Even gen ones.

2 if you want a close to gen you HAVE to spend more.

THAT'S IT.

Not so hard to understand uhm?

pmartin245

"Listen aight?"

Hahahahaha.

Stewart

This one is $86 and I guarantee it will keep good time and last. Also it looks like what you are wanting.

http://www.amazon.com/Invicta-Mens-8949-Collection-Watch/dp/B000GXAUT2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

The biggest problem and the reason people are trying to talk you out of the pictured watches is that they will fall apart and stop working relitively quickly. It is just a waste of money. If you like the look of the old style datejust there are many watches that resemble it if you are willing to forgo the rolex symbol.

Realism

school holidaysssssssssss

northantsrich

Fucking school holidays

lol

Realism

Fucking school holidays

lol

im telling on you to my dad - you "loled" at me online

xmr
I'm buying reps because I don't personally have $7,500 right now to spend on a watch. I'm just waiting for the time that my dad gets me a genuine Rolex.

That's the spirit.

Why work/earn it yourself when a dad is around the corner.

Stuvetjee
I'm buying reps because I don't personally have $7,500 right now to spend on a watch. I'm just waiting for the time that my dad gets me a genuine Rolex.

That's the spirit.

Why work/earn it yourself when a dad is around the corner.

Than perhaps he can buy this in the meantime till his dads buys him a rollie :facepalm:

Rolex Datejust