Sign in to follow this  
Seven7r

Which Datejust is worth it?

Seven7r

This whole thread is a fail. Buy the watch you want and buy the best version available, regardless (my motto of course). If you don't even have the money to buy a decent rep then nobody is going to believe whatever bs story you tell them anyway. Best to just get yourself a Seiko or Invicta and not worry about it. I wouldn't go near one of those $50 reps.

Listen aight? I'm spending my own money on this, and I don't have only $50 to spend on a replica watch. It's just that these are the only ones that are the older 162xx models available when I checked. All of the higher-end replicas are the newer style ones (1162xx) and I don't like those.

Maybe if you take the time to read what I've been posting, you could see that they don't really sell the old ones anymore and I personally prefer the old ones. Plus, my parents don't want me spending money on replicas because they don't want their son to be wearing a fake item because none of their items are fake. Jesus Christ, the audacity of people posting telling me as if I'm an impoverished child trying to look wealthy. I'm buying reps because I don't personally have $7,500 right now to spend on a watch. I'm just waiting for the time that my dad gets me a genuine Rolex.

I could spend $130, but I don't want to. I'd rather get a nice simple beater, and pocket the rest of the money to use in investments. The problem with some of the people in this forum, is that they're too snobby about costs, and act as if it's the real thing. You guys act even snobbier than actual genuine Rolex owners.

Also, the very essence of this post was me asking which of the fucking DJs is nicer.

You make a thread here and ask questions and we will answer as we feel appropriate. You're lucky you got an answer at all. If you're not prepared to stop acting like a dick, go away.

I didn't start acting like a dick, it's all the guys collectively acting like dicks that made me mad.

Seven7r

This one is $86 and I guarantee it will keep good time and last. Also it looks like what you are wanting.

http://www.amazon.co...uct_top?ie=UTF8

The biggest problem and the reason people are trying to talk you out of the pictured watches is that they will fall apart and stop working relitively quickly. It is just a waste of money. If you like the look of the old style datejust there are many watches that resemble it if you are willing to forgo the rolex symbol.

I understand what they mean, it's just that this fucking guy named "Realism" says something completely unrelated and is generally an asshole.

Are the replica watches worth $200 above the only ones accepted in this forum?

Seven7r

This one is $86 and I guarantee it will keep good time and last. Also it looks like what you are wanting.

http://www.amazon.co...uct_top?ie=UTF8

The biggest problem and the reason people are trying to talk you out of the pictured watches is that they will fall apart and stop working relitively quickly. It is just a waste of money. If you like the look of the old style datejust there are many watches that resemble it if you are willing to forgo the rolex symbol.

I actually prefer automatic movements. I'm already talking to a classmate about his Bulova that resembles an 18238 Rolex. It's nice and has a great automatic movement and is still working after 5 years or so.

school holidaysssssssssss

cous, I don't know what your problem is. I mean, do you always act like an asshole to people that are new?

Mattcas

This shit still going on?

Seven7r

Well, here we go again :coffee2:

By the way, basically everything what you said in the last few posts contradicts what you said in the first one.

At first you were looking for a close to genuine rep, but now you say:

I could spend $130, but I don't want to. I'd rather get a nice simple beater, and pocket the rest of the money to use in investments. The problem with some of the people in this forum, is that they're too snobby about costs, and act as if it's the real thing. You guys act even snobbier than actual genuine Rolex owners.

I meant these guys talk as if they're wearing a genuine Rolex on their wrist, and people from TRF don't even act this snobby towards people asking questions. They're always supportive.

I am looking to get a rep that doesn't scream fake when you're wearing it around. But it doesn't need to have the insane details like correct date serial number, appropriate "Mark" number for the dial and serial, and other intricate details. I don't need those because anyone that takes a good look at the watch would know that it's a replica because I tell people that ask about my watch that it's a rep.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

ALL Rolex, even gens, scream fake to the vast majority of people. If you want to wear something around, and not get called out, don't buy a Rolex. And if your parents don't want you to wear a replica, how are you going to explain wearing one to them. Or are you going to tell them it's gen?

I know, my friend wore this beautiful Rolex Datejust in SS/RG and I thought it was fake at first. But he handed it to me and I confirmed that it was authentic. I just assume everyone (at least in my school) that's wearing a Rolex is fake.

But this one time, a friend's dad came to visit when we were eating at a restaurant, and I saw he had this Rolex 116300 and I told him he had a nice Datejust II and he looked at my wrist and asked if it was an Explorer on my wrist. I told him yeah, and he told me it was nice. He told me he wanted to talk watches whenever we came to their house. Another time, another friend's dad had a SubC on and saw my wrist and I told him it was a rep, he told me he didn't know and thought it was real. Maybe he was just being polite, so I don't know.

They don't want me wearing a replica, but since it was my own money, and wasn't a big amount (normally $80-$120). So they don't mind. But if they found out that I'm willing to spend $300 on a really nice vintage Daytona, they would get mad at me. But one time my dad came with me to check out some replicas and told me that only a few looked gen, and that most of them were obvious fakes. But he told me that my 16200 didn't look fake if you were to walk around with it on your wrist. He told me that once he felt it, it felt cheap and fake.

I'm just buying a Rolex, because their designs are just really nice. Especially the older models. I would get an older Tudor Prince/Sub too, but I can't find them anywhere.

I am looking to get a rep that doesn't scream fake when you're wearing it around

Dude, read this:

1 whatever Rolex you put on yourself, being 16yo, will scream fake. Even gen ones.

2 if you want a close to gen you HAVE to spend more.

THAT'S IT.

Not so hard to understand uhm?

I just want something that isn't obviously fake, these were the only two that were 5-digit ref style. I actually saw more but were horrible, so I didn't want to post those anymore.

I know that to someone that has some common knowledge about Rolex can identify an obvious fake just by glancing at it, I can and I've spotted many. But the ones that are of higher quality, I would need to have a good 5-10 seconds look time before deciding on it's authenticity.

I know these aren't the best, these are just the ones available when I took a quick look. If there were higher quality versions, I would've taken a picture and posted them here too.

Regarding the age thing, I don't really care because I just enjoy having a nice little Rolex to look at whenever I feel like it. If someone judges a fake because I'm young, then it's okay for me because at least they didn't think it was fake because of how it looks.

I will eventually spend more, when I have more money to spend. But, right now I'm saving because I'm focusing on more business related purchases. I have no problem spending $250 on a 6265 from this forum when I eventually have some money to burn.

I just think that older Rolex Datejusts are more "age-appropriate" as compared to a shiny, new Daytona or something. Because they're cheaper at around $3,000-$4,000. It would just make more sense to people when comparing it to a brand new $8,000 watch.

I got mad in my past posts because some people were just throwing personal attacks which I found inappropriate.

This shit still going on?

Sadly, yeah

Kcore

So today I went to check and I saw these two Rolex Datejusts. Both of them are the older 5-digit ref. numbers which I prefer because they're cheaper when they're gen and therefore are more believable at my age (I'm 16).

This is ok but I feel the bezel is slightly wrong. And I prefer SS (but this is also ok because I really like how this could be my dad's Rolex and I just borrowed it. I have friends that do that)

Seven, both of these statements you've made clearly indicate you want to make people believe reps you own or want to own are genuine. Why you feel the need to try and deceive or lie to anyone about this is sad. I realize at 16 there's peer pressure and the desire to impress, but seriously, build your self esteem.

Do you think I can buy a dial from a TD that could fit the 21j 16234? Or is the 16233 better after just replacing the crystal?

Thanks guys!

Seven, you asked 3 questions in this thread. The first in the title and at the end, these 2.

As for the title & question - As many experienced members have already taken the time to answer, both reps are complete shit, nothing more. The only thing their worth IMO, is a learning tool. To learn how to do basic repairs by taking a cheap watch apart.

With regard to you 2 & 3 questions - the answer is contained above. Both reps are cheap shit and not worth investing a penny in.

I would like to offer you some further advice. RWG is a fantastic place to get help, learn about watches, and have a good time. However, this forum can be at times very rowdy and Noobs and old timers alike can get a lot of heat, especially Noobs that want to try and make believe reps are gen's and Noobs that are disrespectful to long standing members. You really need thick skin to fit in here. Some members simply were poking fun at you, so what, we've all been there. It's no big deal unless you make it such, which you have done. Unless you can take it, Indoubt RWG is the place for you. My suggestion is for you to go join RepGeek. There you'll find a warm, loving forum where they have regular group hugs and sing Kumbaya. No one is allowed to use profanity. Basically no fun unless you're gay.

Stuvetjee

This whole thread is a fail. Buy the watch you want and buy the best version available, regardless (my motto of course). If you don't even have the money to buy a decent rep then nobody is going to believe whatever bs story you tell them anyway. Best to just get yourself a Seiko or Invicta and not worry about it. I wouldn't go near one of those $50 reps.

Listen aight? I'm spending my own money on this, and I don't have only $50 to spend on a replica watch. It's just that these are the only ones that are the older 162xx models available when I checked. All of the higher-end replicas are the newer style ones (1162xx) and I don't like those.

Maybe if you take the time to read what I've been posting, you could see that they don't really sell the old ones anymore and I personally prefer the old ones. Plus, my parents don't want me spending money on replicas because they don't want their son to be wearing a fake item because none of their items are fake. Jesus Christ, the audacity of people posting telling me as if I'm an impoverished child trying to look wealthy. I'm buying reps because I don't personally have $7,500 right now to spend on a watch. I'm just waiting for the time that my dad gets me a genuine Rolex.

Also, the very essence of this post was me asking which of the fucking DJs is nicer.

You make a thread here and ask questions and we will answer as we feel appropriate. You're lucky you got an answer at all. If you're not prepared to stop acting like a dick, go away.

Thats why i gave him this link: Rolex Datejust

But he doesnt seem to clicked it :P

Seven7r

So today I went to check and I saw these two Rolex Datejusts. Both of them are the older 5-digit ref. numbers which I prefer because they're cheaper when they're gen and therefore are more believable at my age (I'm 16).

This is ok but I feel the bezel is slightly wrong. And I prefer SS (but this is also ok because I really like how this could be my dad's Rolex and I just borrowed it. I have friends that do that)

Seven, both of these statements you've made clearly indicate you want to make people believe reps you own or want to own are genuine. Why you feel the need to try and deceive or lie to anyone about this is sad. I realize at 16 there's peer pressure and the desire to impress, but seriously, build your self esteem.

So if that's the case, then why do you guys want the most perfect replica possible? I don't understand, other than making sure you don't get called out. Being called out isn't fun, even if I haven't experienced.

I buy reps because I can't afford the real thing. I don't buy it as a status symbol, I buy it because I like the watch but don't have $4000 to shell out. I also don't tell people that my reps are legit, except one who asked if it was an Explorer and I said yeah. I didn't tell him it was a rep. But it's because he didn't ask. So yeah...

I clicked it and now I need to delete my history you cunt! :lol:

GenTLe

I give up...

Realism

I give up...

school holidays yoooooooooooo

black263

So if that's the case, then why do you guys want the most perfect replica possible? I don't understand, other than making sure you don't get called out. Being called out isn't fun, even if I haven't experienced.

I buy reps because I can't afford the real thing. I don't buy it as a status symbol, I buy it because I like the watch but don't have $4000 to shell out. I also don't tell people that my reps are legit, except one who asked if it was an Explorer and I said yeah. I didn't tell him it was a rep. But it's because he didn't ask. So yeah...

Sorry, should have warned you about Realism. He has a habit of doing this. Only one you can trust with links on this forum is JohnG. Avoid the others.

Stuvetjee

Sorry, should have warned you about Realism. He has a habit of doing this. Only one you can trust with links on this forum is JohnG. Avoid the others.

You can trust Realism, because i posted the link :lol:

black263

Bollox. You're right. I must be starting to get old. It's still true though, that you can only trust the JohnG links, regardless of who posts. That it was you and not Realism simply reinforces my statement.

Kcore

Bollox. You're right. I must be starting to get old. It's still true though, that you can only trust the JohnG links, regardless of who posts. That it was you and not Realism simply reinforces my statement.

And that statement is a testament to what has been posted!

Stuvetjee

:rofl:

Realism

im filing a HFR

Kcore
im filing a HFR

All HFR must go to GregR and that's a statement on the face of it - got it!

UmpaHimself
im filing a HFR

I'm quoting it all again... just because... :finger:

Kcore
im filing a HFR

I'm quoting it all again... just because... :finger:

Because you are or because you can or because of the HFR or just because.

Replicaaustralia

I like this guy his so funny.

Replicaaustralia

.... Is it safe to click on johnG's link. I'm at a Christian church conference...

Realism
im filing a HFR

i got a backdoor mod that i cry to :'( and ill just keep on reporting links till they answer

Kcore
im filing a HFR

i got a backdoor mod that i cry to :'( and ill just keep on reporting links till they answer

Hmm, backdoor action you say. Is that a statement or a fact?

Stuvetjee
im filing a HFR

Is this thread still going on :lmao:

black263
im filing a HFR

Is this thread still going on :lmao:

The thread ain't over till the JohnG link sings. Then it's definitely over.