Sign in to follow this  
Seven7r

Which Datejust is worth it?

UmpaHimself
im filing a HFR

So today I went to check and I saw these two Rolex Datejusts. Both of them are the older 5-digit ref. numbers which I prefer because they're cheaper when they're gen and therefore are more believable at my age (I'm 16).

This is ok but I feel the bezel is slightly wrong. And I prefer SS (but this is also ok because I really like how this could be my dad's Rolex and I just borrowed it. I have friends that do that)

Seven, both of these statements you've made clearly indicate you want to make people believe reps you own or want to own are genuine. Why you feel the need to try and deceive or lie to anyone about this is sad. I realize at 16 there's peer pressure and the desire to impress, but seriously, build your self esteem.

So if that's the case, then why do you guys want the most perfect replica possible? I don't understand, other than making sure you don't get called out. Being called out isn't fun, even if I haven't experienced.

I buy reps because I can't afford the real thing. I don't buy it as a status symbol, I buy it because I like the watch but don't have $4000 to shell out. I also don't tell people that my reps are legit, except one who asked if it was an Explorer and I said yeah. I didn't tell him it was a rep. But it's because he didn't ask. So yeah...

This whole thread is a fail. Buy the watch you want and buy the best version available, regardless (my motto of course). If you don't even have the money to buy a decent rep then nobody is going to believe whatever bs story you tell them anyway. Best to just get yourself a Seiko or Invicta and not worry about it. I wouldn't go near one of those $50 reps.

Listen aight? I'm spending my own money on this, and I don't have only $50 to spend on a replica watch. It's just that these are the only ones that are the older 162xx models available when I checked. All of the higher-end replicas are the newer style ones (1162xx) and I don't like those.

Maybe if you take the time to read what I've been posting, you could see that they don't really sell the old ones anymore and I personally prefer the old ones. Plus, my parents don't want me spending money on replicas because they don't want their son to be wearing a fake item because none of their items are fake. Jesus Christ, the audacity of people posting telling me as if I'm an impoverished child trying to look wealthy. I'm buying reps because I don't personally have $7,500 right now to spend on a watch. I'm just waiting for the time that my dad gets me a genuine Rolex.

I could spend $130, but I don't want to. I'd rather get a nice simple beater, and pocket the rest of the money to use in investments. The problem with some of the people in this forum, is that they're too snobby about costs, and act as if it's the real thing. You guys act even snobbier than actual genuine Rolex owners.

Also, the very essence of this post was me asking which of the fucking DJs is nicer.

You make a thread here and ask questions and we will answer as we feel appropriate. You're lucky you got an answer at all. If you're not prepared to stop acting like a dick, go away.

Thats why i gave him this link: Rolex Datejust

But he doesnt seem to clicked it :P

I clicked it and now I need to delete my history you cunt! :lol:

Sorry, should have warned you about Realism. He has a habit of doing this. Only one you can trust with links on this forum is JohnG. Avoid the others.

You can trust Realism, because i posted the link :lol:

Bollox. You're right. I must be starting to get old. It's still true though, that you can only trust the JohnG links, regardless of who posts. That it was you and not Realism simply reinforces my statement.

And that statement is a testament to what has been posted!

:rofl:

All HFR must go to GregR and that's a statement on the face of it - got it!

i got a backdoor mod that i cry to :'( and ill just keep on reporting links till they answer

Hmm, backdoor action you say. Is that a statement or a fact?

Is this thread still going on :lmao:

The thread ain't over till the JohnG link sings. Then it's definitely over.

I'm just waiting until one quote takes up the whole page. It's like quoteception

Seven7r

Fuck it guys, I'm not getting any of these two DJs. They're not even worth $50 I think. I'd rather get a better version when I see one.

Thanks guys for somehow influencing my decision.

teejay

Hey Seven7r, your best bet is to research the watches before you buy them, and try to make an educated purchase. I'm not going to knock you for purchasing a 50$ rep, hey if that's what you can afford or all youre willing to spend then so be it.

Just make sure you find a model than is closest to a gen, to save yourself the embarrassment.

Research older model Rolexes, (1960s-1990s) sometimes you can find a good rep that matches those spot on.

It'll be a lot harder to find reps to match the newer models without forking over @ least $350-400

Edited by teejay

Realism
im filing a HFR

So today I went to check and I saw these two Rolex Datejusts. Both of them are the older 5-digit ref. numbers which I prefer because they're cheaper when they're gen and therefore are more believable at my age (I'm 16).

This is ok but I feel the bezel is slightly wrong. And I prefer SS (but this is also ok because I really like how this could be my dad's Rolex and I just borrowed it. I have friends that do that)

Seven, both of these statements you've made clearly indicate you want to make people believe reps you own or want to own are genuine. Why you feel the need to try and deceive or lie to anyone about this is sad. I realize at 16 there's peer pressure and the desire to impress, but seriously, build your self esteem.

So if that's the case, then why do you guys want the most perfect replica possible? I don't understand, other than making sure you don't get called out. Being called out isn't fun, even if I haven't experienced.

I buy reps because I can't afford the real thing. I don't buy it as a status symbol, I buy it because I like the watch but don't have $4000 to shell out. I also don't tell people that my reps are legit, except one who asked if it was an Explorer and I said yeah. I didn't tell him it was a rep. But it's because he didn't ask. So yeah...

This whole thread is a fail. Buy the watch you want and buy the best version available, regardless (my motto of course). If you don't even have the money to buy a decent rep then nobody is going to believe whatever bs story you tell them anyway. Best to just get yourself a Seiko or Invicta and not worry about it. I wouldn't go near one of those $50 reps.

Listen aight? I'm spending my own money on this, and I don't have only $50 to spend on a replica watch. It's just that these are the only ones that are the older 162xx models available when I checked. All of the higher-end replicas are the newer style ones (1162xx) and I don't like those.

Maybe if you take the time to read what I've been posting, you could see that they don't really sell the old ones anymore and I personally prefer the old ones. Plus, my parents don't want me spending money on replicas because they don't want their son to be wearing a fake item because none of their items are fake. Jesus Christ, the audacity of people posting telling me as if I'm an impoverished child trying to look wealthy. I'm buying reps because I don't personally have $7,500 right now to spend on a watch. I'm just waiting for the time that my dad gets me a genuine Rolex.

I could spend $130, but I don't want to. I'd rather get a nice simple beater, and pocket the rest of the money to use in investments. The problem with some of the people in this forum, is that they're too snobby about costs, and act as if it's the real thing. You guys act even snobbier than actual genuine Rolex owners.

Also, the very essence of this post was me asking which of the fucking DJs is nicer.

You make a thread here and ask questions and we will answer as we feel appropriate. You're lucky you got an answer at all. If you're not prepared to stop acting like a dick, go away.

Sorry, should have warned you about Realism. He has a habit of doing this. Only one you can trust with links on this forum is JohnG. Avoid the others.

Bollox. You're right. I must be starting to get old. It's still true though, that you can only trust the JohnG links, regardless of who posts. That it was you and not Realism simply reinforces my statement.

i got a backdoor mod that i cry to :'( and ill just keep on reporting links till they answer

is that a challenge?

who doesn't love some b2b action?

Kcore
im filing a HFR

is that a challenge?

Challenge did someone say challenge? I think I heard the gauntlet hit the floor!

WatchDog21

Do you think I can buy a dial from a TD that could fit the 21j 16234? Or is the 16233 better after just replacing the crystal?

Thanks guys!

Seven, you asked 3 questions in this thread. The first in the title and at the end, these 2.

As for the title & question - As many experienced members have already taken the time to answer, both reps are complete shit, nothing more. The only thing their worth IMO, is a learning tool. To learn how to do basic repairs by taking a cheap watch apart.

With regard to you 2 & 3 questions - the answer is contained above. Both reps are cheap shit and not worth investing a penny in.

I would like to offer you some further advice. RWG is a fantastic place to get help, learn about watches, and have a good time. However, this forum can be at times very rowdy and Noobs and old timers alike can get a lot of heat, especially Noobs that want to try and make believe reps are gen's and Noobs that are disrespectful to long standing members. You really need thick skin to fit in here. Some members simply were poking fun at you, so what, we've all been there. It's no big deal unless you make it such, which you have done. Unless you can take it, Indoubt RWG is the place for you. My suggestion is for you to go join RepGeek. There you'll find a warm, loving forum where they have regular group hugs and sing Kumbaya. No one is allowed to use profanity. Basically no fun unless you're gay.

Oh my, I have arrived too late and the show is most likely about over, but E.... you have my laughing on this one... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ishmael
im filing a HFR

is that a challenge?

Challenge did someone say challenge? I think I heard the gauntlet hit the floor!

I don't feel like reading all of this. Can someone sum up?

Kcore
im filing a HFR

is that a challenge?

sum-up what?

UmpaHimself
im filing a HFR

is that a challenge?

Yes, OP got threadcrapped out of his own thread... and may or may not spend $50 on the best terrible rep he can find locally.

Realism

OP is having a school holiday break

Ishmael
im filing a HFR

is that a challenge?

Yes, OP got threadcrapped out of his own thread... and may or may not spend $50 on the best terrible rep he can find locally.

Oh okay. Well done gents :thumbsup2:

dragonman4

If you really like old watches why not just save up and look to pick up an omega? Back then both Rollie's and omegas looked very similar. I have a gen 50s era omega deville passed down from my grandfather. Upon checking chrono24 and a few vintage watch dealers about replacement parts and service, I found out you can pick 50s era omegas for under a grand. Just save up a little and get one of those. And since its a gen you won't have to worry about getting called out.