greg_r

First ever review of the Langematik Big Date?

Del

That's a great review mate! Lovely watch too - looks superb and I'm sure it will look even better on the gen croc strap. :clap:

greg_r

Thanks Del :)

Oh, and cogwatch - that tourby is just damned sexeh... love it!

DR3M3L

And here was me looking at the first pic thinking "what an ugly chinese movement", then looking at the last pic thinking: "see, that's how it should look like, way more beautiful". Then I read the thread, found out that the first is actually the gen and now I'm thinking: "fuck gens".

greg_r

Given the luck (or lack of it) I have with gens, I tend to agree ;)

BenjaminButton

That's a beautiful watch Greg. I love the genuine too. I especially love the Langematik Perpetual...I love the back and the 3/4 rotor. I could never complete the circle of justifying the cost of a genuine like this. So I totally agree about the pleasure of he imperfect rep. How many men could afford to be as clumsy as me and wear a Patek to work!!!

_DC_
And I thought you already had every watch there is..............twice. Great to see even the boss still has new territory to explore. Very nice watch, and like someone else said, I think I might like the look of the rep better than the gen. And honestly, 42mm sounds pretty good to me versus the tiny 37mm gen. An even better deal for the rep in mm/$ :lol:

I have one Lange, below, that I lucked out on getting by being on M2M at the right time (3:00am probably :) ), and though I had never even thought about a Lange before I saw it, I had to have it. Elegant to be sure. And versus gen, I have no idea if there is anything close to it. Never even looked to compare. I just know I love it in and of itself. Same as yours, perfect match to the gen or not, it's a great looking watch on it's own, and that's what matters!!!

Enjoy it :thumbsup:

image.jpg1_zpsb1gfzjli.jpg

It's actually a pretty decent replication of the Pour La Merite Tourbillon, here's the gen...

FB2078E1-BDEB-4E72-B9CE-B52117CA280E_zpsgqbicvpe.jpg

I've had eyes on this rep for a while, it's a smidge larger than I'd like though, but it does look really nice!!! Congrats :thumbsup:

DC

cogwatch

Thanks Del :)

Oh, and cogwatch - that tourby is just damned sexeh... love it!

Thanks Greg. The best part about that tourby is I only paid...................get this.................wait for it..................a whopping..................$285!!!!! That's definitely one of the best bang for the buck deals I've gotten in my 2 years on RWG. And the prime reason I often stay up all hours of the night surfing M2M :lol:

greg_r

Holy fuck. That was the bargain of the century.

cogwatch
And I thought you already had every watch there is..............twice. Great to see even the boss still has new territory to explore. Very nice watch, and like someone else said, I think I might like the look of the rep better than the gen. And honestly, 42mm sounds pretty good to me versus the tiny 37mm gen. An even better deal for the rep in mm/$ :lol:

I have one Lange, below, that I lucked out on getting by being on M2M at the right time (3:00am probably :) ), and though I had never even thought about a Lange before I saw it, I had to have it. Elegant to be sure. And versus gen, I have no idea if there is anything close to it. Never even looked to compare. I just know I love it in and of itself. Same as yours, perfect match to the gen or not, it's a great looking watch on it's own, and that's what matters!!!

Enjoy it :thumbsup:

It's actually a pretty decent replication of the Pour La Merite Tourbillon, here's the gen...

FB2078E1-BDEB-4E72-B9CE-B52117CA280E_zpsgqbicvpe.jpg

I've had eyes on this rep for a while, it's a smidge larger than I'd like though, but it does look really nice!!! Congrats :thumbsup:

DC

Holy fuck. That was the bargain of the century.

Yep. In the words of the seller responding to my PM to take that one, and 3 other watches, on that sale - "I have a lot more interest in these watches than I was expecting (what was I thinking?!?!)". :)

And now that DC found the gen that it's a rep of (thanks DC!!), compared to somewhere in the range of $200K+/- for the gen, I'm perfectly content with my rep :rofl:

greg_r

updated first post with new pic now that the gen croc strap has arrived. Massive improvement! :D

_DC_
updated first post with new pic now that the gen croc strap has arrived. Massive improvement! :D

Can I be honest?! On a rose gold watch I much prefer a chocolate strap to a tan strap, but the quality is definitely a vast improvement! Just not a tan strap fan unless it's a yellow gold watch!!

Anyway, you ready to move on to Pateks yet Gregory?!?

DC

greg_r

Well it's like this:

1. Not fond of yellow gold in any event

2. The rep strap was darker and I thought it didn't really work. I much prefer the lighter brown (although the photo makes it look a tad lighter than it really is - bearing in mind that the strap is glossy rather than matt).

As far as Pateks go, well that's a discussion for another time :Whistle:

Henry J. Miller

Very nice watch. I like it a lot and have been seriousl;y considering the same model from another dealer.

Does your have the Asian 17J manual handwind movement?

How is that regarded as to accuracy and durability?

Great choice.

greg_r

Go for one of the dealers that do good QC. MR rejected two of these before they found one that was as it should be. Yes, it's the handwind version (as I mention in the review). Too early to comment on durability just yet - I've only had it a week!

Henry J. Miller

Thanks. Best to you with this beauty.

yawn

Lovely watch.

Mr Stubbs
17 minutes ago, joeshmoe said:

I've never seen this before, but wow 

I suppose if you are going to resurrect a old, dead post it might as well be the boss's.  :coffee:

joeshmoe
20 minutes ago, Mr Stubbs said:

I suppose if you are going to resurrect a old, dead post it might as well be the boss's.  :coffee:

:Doh:

black263

Holy necropost Batman.

Mr Stubbs

To add some currency to this thread, I haven't found Greg's specific watch from 2015, but several TDs  list something very similar. 

They are still manual wind versions. As always, contact a TD directly to confirm they are still available.