Sign in to follow this  
MLGCalamity

Question regarding Japanese MIYOTA 8215 Automatic Movement

MLGCalamity

Hi all!

I've been looking around at watches for a little while now and have stumbled across a piece I truly love--Omega's Planet Ocean Professional 45mm in Titanium. The only thing I am wondering about is the movement because I really don't know much about movements, especially this one--Japanese MIYOTA 8215 Automatic Movement. Sure, I can and currently am looking up information on this movement online, but it would be much more valuable to get all of your inputs on this as online information can be very unreliable. I have provided a link to the watch I am interested in here: http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_128_129&product_id=1631

Luke Warm

The Miyota 8215 is notorious for stuttering seconds hand. But otherwise a reliable workhorse movement.

cufflink

It's used in a lot of gen watches

Mike on a bike

" a reliable workhorse movement." about says it all.

SteveA

I've got that watch ,first Miyota I've had and there is a stutter when you are moving your wrist around but it seems that the more power reserve the smoother and less noisy the movement

Left Coast Guy

Use the google machine to learn about the stutter, as it is a real thing.

That said, the degree to which an 8215 will stutter depends on the watch and configuration. I've got the 42MM PO w/Miyota, and I was worried about the stutter when I got it, but its really not noticeable. The only thing I notice is that the 8215 is a low-beat vs. my other POs are high beat 2836/2824, so the sweep of the lowbeat isn't quite as smooth.