kennycoder

Rep vs Gen: Breitling Navitimer 01

webbo2005

Are you taking the piss or what? :gtfo:

kennycoder

This is such a nice watch its sooooooo frustrating they can't do a good rep of it.

The rep IS good. Flaw here and there but for 1/15th of a price what do you expect? Not a super rep but not very far away.

machiavegli

Very cool review and a good looking Briet model too. Good job breaking the differences into major vs minor as well. Nice!

-Mach

Cameltotem

What you mean with the dial?

You said the rep has great AR.

I think my rep lights up hella lot. It really shines and you can see that it has double AR on it.

My biggest issue is the sunken DW.

However talked to Breitling fans and they think it's the real deal, its that good of a rep!

kennycoder

What you mean with the dial?

You said the rep has great AR.

I think my rep lights up hella lot. It really shines and you can see that it has double AR on it.

My biggest issue is the sunken DW.

However talked to Breitling fans and they think it's the real deal, its that good of a rep!

By the dial I mena the paint that is used. On a gen the paint is reflective with sunburst effect. On the rep it's plain silver-ish.

On this pic it's easy to spot (gen on the right). Look how the paint reflects differently. There are brighter and darker spots:

690pq8l.jpg

northantsrich

Why can't they do a good rep of this YET!!!

elconquistador

Because they have to make a thousandth version of those Fugly assed Hublots.

kennycoder

Because they have to make a thousandth version of those Fugly assed Hublots.

Not that many hublots lately. Plus proper navitimer rep should be pre-01 version with 7753 movement.

porschespeedster

^^^^ this!

a 7753 Navi is def within the capacities of the factories.

madbadger

Nice comparison.......id love one, I'm now looking to buy one after christmas. Anyone know where to get the best rep from?

Kev

kennycoder

Nice comparison.......id love one, I'm now looking to buy one after christmas. Anyone know where to get the best rep from?

Kev

Any dealer has the "best" and latest version.

Moondustesp

Kev

Doesn't toro have the "best" version? Keep looking at your comparison I need to get me one of these. You have any shots of the rep on leather? Sorry to be a pain

JSJ

Kev

Doesn't toro have the "best" version? Keep looking at your comparison I need to get me one of these. You have any shots of the rep on leather? Sorry to be a pain

It's easy to write the question about the 'best' version but believe Kenny, me and others. All the dealers can get the 'best' version.

Which phone dealer can get the best iPhone? Sounds silly doesn't it? Because the answer is that the iPhones are all the same.

Choose your dealer carefully.

UnknownWatchmaker

Thanks for the side-by-sides! I have some reservations about the sunken date wheel, but the pictures and people's comments have mostly put this to ease.

GMT_Zulu

Great review and comparison! Helping me lean towards this over the sub! :-)

nasosn

Very cool review and a good looking watch, too. I will get mine soon :) It's very beautiful :bounce:

hendrix4life

Unfortunately just like the 1 i purchased, the most glaring difference, at least to those who stare at these lol, is the sunken date, pretty easy to spot quick with a naked eye if you know about it.

nuvolablue

Hi I'm currently looking at purchasing one of these. But there appear to be 2 versions - one is BP and one is JF. Can anyone advise which version is the one in the review ? It looks pretty good to me ! Thanks.

http://www.puretimewatch.pw/breitling/navitimer/navitimer/breitling-navitimer-01-ss-black-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a7750-sku0851.html

Is it the one in above link - which is one I am swaying towards.

Giorgos241
On 28/07/2015 at 12:18, webbo2005 said:

Good purchase! Once it's on the wrist, it looks pretty spot on to me!

Mine says hi (on a very good £4.99 brown leather strap I got from ebay...)

POGWf8Fh.jpg

The only difference is mine is 28800 and date wheel doesn't look as sunken :|

0DBxUuFh.jpg

Where did you get yours? (which factory, TD). Also, that thing with the reflection of the light, does your reflect the light closer to a gen, compared to OP's watch?

Giorgos241
On 11/01/2016 at 16:53, UnknownWatchmaker said:

Thanks for the side-by-sides! I have some reservations about the sunken date wheel, but the pictures and people's comments have mostly put this to ease.

I dont mind the sunken datewheel, as much as I dont enjoy hacing a good lume and a good light reflection on the dial.

BadApple

NECROPHILIAC ALERT !!!!!

shinynewbling52

lol,  well I'm looking this up cuz there was a navi for sale recently I was sooooo tempted by (JF factory) but I got mine last year, the only one I saw in a year for sale and it took me 3.5 yrs to snag one.  I got a xf or lesser known navi stratos from trusty 2 yrs ago and its crystal is way inferior to the JF version but everything else is great.  Bumping this to raise awareness and hopefully some demand for a new Navitimer :boobies3:        p.s.   was looking for thumbs up emoji and saw they have a bouncing boobs emoticon so just had to go with it.  

Niemamrady

Nice. Not sure however if it is because of the pictures that don't do justice to the rep but I'm not impressed. Sorry. 

Oris
39 minutes ago, Niemamrady said:

Nice. Not sure however if it is because of the pictures that don't do justice to the rep but I'm not impressed. Sorry. 

Well you know, maybe it's because the photos are FIVE YEARS OLD? It's probably worth checking the timestamp on a thread before you go digging up the graves of threads long dormant.

• Like 2

BadApple

POST COUNT BUILDER ALERT !!!!!

necro.gif