Sign in to follow this  
submarinerblue

What Do You Do With Your Rep When the Irreplacable Strap Breaks

submarinerblue

The rubber strap on my Porsche Diver 6780 broke. This seems to be a unique design and I have not found another strap that will fit the lugs. Contacted TDs who carry this watch and searched the internet. No one has a replacement strap that fits (except maybe a AD who will charge more than I paid for the rep).

Also tried using a generic rubber strap and sanding and filing it to fit. No luck.

What to do? There must be a number of reps that have proprietary straps and that can't be obtained.

Any suggestions welcome.

20023039462_10e445b290_b_d.jpg

19408173684_8fb902e4e5_b_d.jpg19409827223_ee345545d6_b_d.jpg19409835613_0ea21f48cf_b_d.jpg

gigahertz15

You should e-mail all the popular strap makers and see if they can make you something (don't see why they couldn't if you send them the original rep strap)

Not sure what the watch is worth though, that will obviously be a factor.

porschespeedster

this is Captain Obvious checking in.

Did you try fitting a gen strap?

Yes, that might cost more than the watch...but it's an idea.

BentleySharp

Ok. A couple ideas...

Like Porschespeedster said above, you could buy an OEM branded strap. Will cost more, but also will probably make your watch look that much cleaner.

You could check out some of the better strap makers. Most of them specialize in leather and exotic animal skins. There is a list at the bottom of the TD list. I've had personal experience with Gunnystraps and ABP Paris. The later can be pricey but their work is renown to be excellent.

The last option is keep trying M2M although, because your watch is of a somewhat uncommon veriety it might be awhile until you find a replacement.

This is just another example strengthening my claim that one or more of these entreprenuering TDs should begin selling a wide selection of rep straps and bracelets from the factory a la carte. I'm predicting a lucrative side business here for someone set up with the contacts to do it...

Jus sayin.

Mike on a bike

No dealer stock hate when that happens.

Frankt8242

Circular file 13 :itchyandscratchy::giggle::treadmill: