Sign in to follow this  
rodralph

Stem removal on Seagul ST-2130 (ETA 2834 Clone)

rodralph

I just received a Seagull ST-2130 to replace a dead Sellita SW200 on a SOSF. Before I attempt to install it, I want to make sure I get this right because I've damaged other movements while attempting to remove/install the stem. Some people recommend removing the stem while it is in the "winding" position while others recommend removing it while in the "date setting" or third position.

What is the consensus among the members?

GenTLe

I just received a Seagull ST-2130 to replace a dead Sellita SW200 on a SOSF. Before I attempt to install it, I want to make sure I get this right because I've damaged other movements while attempting to remove/install the stem. Some people recommend removing the stem while it is in the "winding" position while others recommend removing it while in the "date setting" or third position.

What is the consensus among the members?

For 2836, 2824 and 7750 I have removed the stem (dozens of time) always in winding position.

Instead for the Miyota and relative 2813 clones it must be into time setting position or the sliding pinion will go out of the yoke and you'll have to remove date wheel and relative plate to fix its position.