Sign in to follow this  
szbulldog

Trouble with IWC 5002 deployant strap

szbulldog

Hello everyone!

So I just received an IWC big pilot 5002 from one of the recommended dealers on RWG and have an issue where the deployment clasp seems to open up by itself and doesn't stay fastened. Is this an issue with the strap or am I doing something wrong here? lol Appreciate any help or advice anyone can offer. Thank you!

Prancuzas

You can try bending some specific parts of deployant or simply buy a new one :)

Edited by Prancuzas

Tichymeloun

Hello everyone!

So I just received an IWC big pilot 5002 from one of the recommended dealers on RWG and have an issue where the deployment clasp seems to open up by itself and doesn't stay fastened. Is this an issue with the strap or am I doing something wrong here? lol Appreciate any help or advice anyone can offer. Thank you!

you don't need to buy a new one:-) it's a common issue even with the gen ones. all you need to do is to bend the top part a bit more, so that the little metal brick that fits the hole in the bottom part will get closer to edge of the hole. I have done this many times even with other deployant buckles than IWCs and it works perfectly

Edited by Tichymeloun

greg_r

^^ this. It's a common fault - it's easy enough to bend 'em back into the correct alignment.

Kleen™

Hello everyone!

you don't need to buy a new one:-) it's a common issue even with the gen ones. all you need to do is to bend the top part a bit more, so that the little metal brick that fits the hole in the bottom part will get closer to edge of the hole. I have done this many times even with other deployant buckles than IWCs and it works perfectly

+1

Had to do this easy fix on (almost) all of my rep deployants...

szbulldog

Hello everyone!

+1

Had to do this easy fix on (almost) all of my rep deployants...

^^ this. It's a common fault - it's easy enough to bend 'em back into the correct alignment.

Thank you guys! Really appreciate the info!

Thanks for the link!

theflyingdutchman

Even the gens have this issue... and at 2500USD/clasp, a painful one!

higginsd

Yes, but at a 2500USD clasp this is primary the problem of the AD...

GenTLe

Mine was doing the same until I got that I had to press A LOT on the deployant to properly close (click) it. It was opening by itself simply because it wasn't properly close :)