Sign in to follow this  
CedricWX

Rolex - I just realised that the real thing is unmistakable

Frankt8242

Just take ONE good rep and wear it everyday.

Avoid rolex and breitling and all other brands that are heavily copied

And voila you ll feel and act as it was gen ... Come on hand it over to anyone they won t tell the difference

Idiots who wear a different 10k$ watch everyday are the biggest tell of reps owner

I usually wear a different watch every month or so...I'm wearing this one now:

IMG_7707.jpg

Mainly because I'm lazy, and since it keeps almost perfect time, i don't have to screw around resetting it every few days...

And it has the cheapest looking 21J chinese movement I've ever seen too:

IMG_3999.jpg

Yhank goodness for closed casebacks..!!! :giggle:

agl1

I would personally never hand over a rep or gen watch if someone commented on it. I feel suspicious that they'd hand it over so easily.

I have a few friends who have REAL wealth. We're talking multiple houses in London with cars for the week days then a whole other set of houses and cars in Paris for the weekends. I know theis one guy cos he's a sneaker collector and he's ALWAYS buying shoes - even offered me a million pounds to start my business which he wanted to back. That's real wealth, and he has so many Rolex and Cartier watches I've lost count. Even he wouldn't hand one over, I ALWAYS comment on his watches and not once has he taken them off. I feel like people who take of their watches just need to have some form of ego stroked...

I also feel like there is some form of reward in buying a GEN. Not everyone can go out and drop multiple thousands on a watch. Sometimes it could be a reward to themselves for working hard which gives them something extra because they're wearing a watch they worked hard to get, whereas we all just buy $500 reps that we know aren't the real deal so they don't have that same subliminal effect on our minds that we're wearing a GEN.

repfreak83

So what is exactly the point of posting this? Everyone knows that a rep isnt comparable to the gen... :Thinking:

Try telling that to some of the noobs who are expecting perfection, as in 1:1, AAA+++, Swiss Movement etc. Last time I saw a genuine Swiss movement, it had been left floating in a crapper in Geneva.

:lmao:

Left Coast Guy

I truely believe that no rep will ever be the same quality as a gen, purely because gens are made to a very very very high standard!l with better tooling, tradesman, materials etc etc they are built ripped apart, tested, tested and tested some more!

We can get reps that are close very close.... But a gen is a gen and expensive for a reason

Think someone else said it first, but that "reason" is marketing!

I'm not as foolish enough to say a gen Submariner only has $400 worth of parts and labor, like a rep, but I'm also not dumb enough to think it has anywhere near $8K worth of input value. The low end gen market probably tells you what it costs to make a Rolex....a Hamilton khaki runs for $800 new? That's probably a decent estimation for the cost of a Rolex, maybe a bit more with an inhouse movement. So what $1,200 - $1,500 max in input value? Certainly not worth $8K if you remove the brand stamp....

abcdef

blimey Cedric where do you work?

abcdef

i.e. everyone wearing rolexes! MENTAL! im surprised you get any work done tbh lol!

CedricWX

i.e. everyone wearing rolexes! MENTAL! im surprised you get any work done tbh lol!

I'm an expert in a lucrative field. My colleagues are also experts. They have the added advantage of owning the company, and I'm an employee. When I retire I will return to the UK where I keep a house. How the hell I'm going to get all my reps past customs is another thing, but crossing bridges and all that is for later.

unionstrong5

there was something very Pat Bateman about OP hahahaha :lol: