Sign in to follow this  
hkbob

Glashutte Senator Blue

hkbob

I recently got this one. At first I was disapointed: the crystal doesn't have the right bow, and the dial color seems off. Granted, I never met the gen face to face.

But after wearing it for a day, I began to really dig this watch. It's very elegant looking dial - kudos to the designer. And it's very well made - solid, with a seagull 2824 movement, very nice looking sapphire crystal, and very sharp details & workmanship overall.

I ordered this watch from the wholesaler in Guangzhou watch city I met last time. At under $200, it's a pretty good deal.

Glashutte%2520Senator.jpg

Gen

photo-4.jpg

ShovelnTC

I really love these series but have yet to buy one.

RussP

Lovely watch.

Old 'looks' are making a resurgence it appears.

Even Omega have released (GlobeMaster) their latest rendition/homage to the pie/pan-faced Constellation of the 50s & 60s.

TheTinMan

I agree with Russ, retro is definitely in right now. I inherited a very simple elegant 50s Longines that I find myself wearing more and more lately. It's so simple, it really goes with anything.

That Glashutte is very nice. Congrats hkbob

cubicle_monkey

I hate how obviously incorrect tha hand lengths are. It seems they made them for a smaller watch

Baldrick

I hate how obviously incorrect tha hand lengths are. It seems they made them for a smaller watch

That sentence doesn't make sense....please explain......if the hands were fitted to a dial which was smaller, then the hands would foul the rehaut....so how are they 'obviously' incorrect ?

Compared to the gen.....I can't see anything obviously incorrect!

go_sixties2_02.jpg

cubicle_monkey

Its obvious when you compare the rep to the gen. If you can't see it, I won't point it out.

GoW13

That sentence doesn't make sense....please explain......if the hands were fitted to a dial which was smaller, then the hands would foul the rehaut....so how are they 'obviously' incorrect ?

Gen minute hands touches the minute markers, rep hand doesn´t. Same with the hour hands

a2raya83

One of the main components of the gen that i have not seen in any of the reps are the the batons/markers are supposed to be concave - whereas on all the reps they are all metal fixed on the dial. Other than that GORGEOUS!

I have not found one TD that is able to source the senator sixties with the panorama date function

13cdc7043188ec79905e4ea52e5e5055.jpg

Baldrick

Its obvious when you compare the rep to the gen. If you can't see it, I won't point it out.

I see what you mean now....my observation was based on the 2nd photo by the OP not the 1st.........I was focused on the hands and didn't realise that was the gen.....until I saw the dealer logo!

charlesanderika

Beautiful watches these and very classy too they look amazing on the wrist, and as said earlier in the posts the retro look is very in these days !

I have a version of this up for sale at the moment - looks a bit different to yours - crystal dome and hands on mine are more gen like...

20711996193_2a2b530e37_c.jpg

Baldrick

It could be worse.....it could have obviously glaring faults like mine....such as the missing 3 and 9........question I ask myself is......

...do I care?

....answer is.....

...not a jot ...I love it in spite of it's faults....it's the beauty that hangs on my arm !!!

GLASHUTTE%20HALL.jpg

hkbob

yep - hands are too short - and the crystal isn't gen-like either. That's what I get for buying something unseen. Lots of fault with this one. But when something looks this good, you overlook the faults. I still love it on my wrist.