Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

And now for something completely different...

_DC_

I'm quite prepared for a certain degree of backlash for this one, but a man can't spend his whole life wearing small dress watches, and they do say variety is the spice of life!

After my foray into larger more in-your-face watches with the Royal Oak Chronograph in rose gold, I decided to have another go at a proper sports watch for casual wear.

So, I'd spent quite a lot of time looking at videos of Richard Mille watches, and there was something about them that intrigued me. I don't know if it's the price tag of the gen, the contemporary styling, or the interesting materials, but I just liked them, so I decided "what the heck let's give one a go"!

I pondered what to get for quite some time, there are a lot of very bad reps of these (you might think this is one of them, hey ho) so it wasn't easy. Initially the RM011 seemed the obvious choice, but the ones that appealed to me the most were the skeleton dials, with real depth to them. I also nearly went for one of the carbon "NTPT" ones because of the interesting material, but in the end the RM055 won out, despite the larger size, mainly because of the aesthetics of the movement from front and back!

So, I will do a DC review of this in time once I've worn it a bit and decided whether to keep it, but in the meantime, here's a few shots of the watch you never expected DC to own...

CD7B4867-5498-45B8-B078-8C425E03DF1B_zpslrz3qq58.jpg

BAFE3252-4DD3-4E92-9687-F834EADC9E71_zpsudlnff5z.jpg

FC8B21DB-9ABE-412B-A949-F758FB498509_zpscpayr7sk.jpg

A188A125-4BF4-43A8-B953-81AD1CB62604_zpsmqv146tg.jpg

First impressions? Well considering it's size it's actually very comfy and wears quite nicely, which I didn't expect. I've yet to wear it with casual attire as I'm at work, but it almost slips under a French cuff!!

As I said, I'll give more conclusive thoughts once I've worn it in a bit!!

Let the DC bashing begin...

DC

bgreg

Well that is a stark contrast to your usual PP...but it looks very nice. Enjoy it, I like the look. That what this hobby is all about, you can try different watches and see what you like.

Gazzla

Each to their own, I suppose. Enjoy mate!

Robin195959

I applaud your attaitude to variety DC.

White is very brave.

I was gonna say "not for me"

Then thought "not for you"

But decided on "not for anyone"

But that's just my opinion and of course yours is what matters here.

Kaiser

I think it's actually not so bad as a casual summer watch, I really don't think it matches well with a suit however...

Spankster23

is this based on the Bubba Watson model?

BentleySharp

Ok, wait...

You said to yourself:

I decided to have another go at a proper sports watch for casual wear.

And that is what you decided on?!

:help3:

_DC_
Ok, wait...

You said to yourself:

I decided to have another go at a proper sports watch for casual wear.

And that is what you decided on?!

:help3:

Pretty much... yeah!

DC

_DC_
is this based on the Bubba Watson model?

Yeah it's from the Bubba Watson "collection", the original Bubba Watson was the slightly smaller tourbillon I think (for circa 500,000 CHF), this is the simpler non-limited edition for 90,000 CHF!

DC

_DC_

Gotta say, I expected more of a bashing, you guys have mellowed hahaha!!

Seriously though, it's a very comfy and surprisingly "pretty" watch, it's really nice!

DC

insert-here

When I saw the first photo, I thought, Yikes!!! But after seeing the other photos on your wrist I kind of liked it, and I thought it looked okay with your suit. I think the skeleton movements look cool, but I'll never buy one cause I can't READ the TIME on the darn things.

zufir

That's actually pretty cool ! Where'd you get it ?

BadPickle

gay

gingerr6

I like it. :)

Duzza

Is this the Miyota version with the rather obvious stamping visible through the caseback?

Kcore

:thumbsup: DC

Being a fan of unique timepieces, I've always liked RM's watches for most of what you've stated, material and unique design concepts. I also like stark white. For me it can be easily worn not only in the summer, but also during winter sports like skiing. I'm holding out for a good rep of the RM 052, tourby skull. But if the erotic tourby, the RM 69 gets reped, I'm in.

Enjoy!

Kleen™

WTF... have you picked up a smack addiction recently?...:lmao:

_DC_
gay

You're gay :P

_DC_
That's actually pretty cool ! Where'd you get it ?

Perfect Clones, usual hassle free prompt service!!

DC

_DC_

No... do you think I should?!

DC

Kleen™

DC

Yup; most certainly...whatever you're currently doing (or not doing) is clearly robbing you of your otherwise perfect visual acuity...;)

_DC_
Is this the Miyota version with the rather obvious stamping visible through the caseback?

I dunno, think it's Miyota but it's like the tiniest movement I've ever seen with a teeny weeny little rotor, you can see it if you look hard but it's not obvious, not that I've noticed anyway!

DC

_DC_

DC

Yup; most certainly...whatever you're currently doing (or not doing) is clearly robbing you of your otherwise perfect visual acuity...;)

Ha, I see stuff just fine, it'll likely be on M2M in like a week, but right now I like it, it's like dating a teenager, a bit embarrassing but it's fun for a while, then you grow up and go back to the missus (or the Pateks in this instance)!

.... but maybe I'll still see her secretly, on the weekend ;)

DC

andyboy

I shall pass judgement

until I see it next to the boat shoes :D

baxter

I can't believe you went for white Dave .. but i guess " you may as well be slaughtered for a sheep as a lamb " as they say :lol:

I wouldn't wear it but i like it because like pickle so eloquently put it " it's gay " :lol: , i would probably wear one of the more subdued colour combinations though as i do like the shape and look of them ... how is the overall quality - it looks like a pretty decent effort.