Sign in to follow this  
henrychinaski

Something smells fishy...

henrychinaski

Starting price for a $50K AUD watch....

...$1

Seems legit.

:lmao:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AUTHENTIC-RARE-ROLEX-SEADWELLER-DEEPSEA-REF-116660-JACQUES-PICCARD-RL-270815-3-/131604461808?fromMakeTrack=true

RussP

I don't get it.

Other than a dodgy looking bezel, I can't really see a problem with the watch.

But then again, I don't know the internals of most watches, let alone the SeaDweller.

CedricWX

It's actually a good tactic. I've seen Jaguar cars and Lalique Vases start at 1 pound. They always find their value. Anyway Max Schillbidder is always around when you need him. Watch looks right to me.

Edited by CedricWX

RussP

It's actually a good tactic. I've seen Jaguar cars and Lalique Vases start at 1 pound. They always find their value. Anyway Max Schillbidder is always around when you need him. Watch looks right to me.

When I was an active seller on da Bay.............I always commenced every auction with a 99c starting bid.

Achieved decent outcomes EVERY single time.

henrychinaski

Ok, thought it was odd that he'd start it at a dollar but there you go...

It IS legit!

klt11

on the flip side, i had my mate approach me and tell me there is a guy on australian gumtree selling designer watches. Contacted him and asked him what movement etc. This guys response was swiss AAA movement. Received some photos also. JUST WOW, these reps are real bad

agl1

Could it be a REP? All Rep Rolex DSSD models I've seen are missing part of the F. The GEN has the line through the middle like a lower case letter ( f ) where it goes right the way through, but the REP is like a capital ( F ) as the middle line doesn't pass through the letter.

Although having said that, I just looked at a GEN Rolex Sub and the line doesn't pass through the F but on another Rolex it does pass through. I guess both types are available...

Edited by agl1

TheSav

I've seen both style f's on gen dssd's.

RichardMiami

This guy has OVER 46,000 reviews @ OVER 99% positive...................... lends a bit of credibility to the sale, ya think?

trailboss99

This guy has OVER 46,000 reviews @ OVER 99% positive...................... lends a bit of credibility to the sale, ya think?

Ya, just a bit . . . . Oh . . . . oke . . . rather a lot then.

agl1

I've seen both style f's on gen dssd's.

I realised that both styles have been available as REP once I'd looked on some GEN websites at model types.

mrgoodlife

i think its sometimes better to start an auction with 1 $ because if you start with an higher offer the people think its the actual value you start with. i guess its kinda human psychology

Clinkinfo

I agree with the part about starting price. I find that items that start at $1 almost always go higher then starting them close to their value.

porschespeedster

eBay also charges the seller less if you start the bidding at a pound (or a dollar, a euro etc)

Takken

Have you checked you're wife's panties?