l3wyh

Fake tag on ebay

austinsom

Also reported FWIW.

Pihlippe

Reported and contacted the seller :)

Genius

The seller doesn't give a shit he knows it's a rep but thinks it's fine because he posted the caseback photos

Pihlippe

The seller doesn't give a shit he knows it's a rep but thinks it's fine because he posted the caseback photos

I know, but I told him some bad things about him, he didn't know :giggle:

l3wyh

It appears eBay are not that bothered or they think this a genuine watch.

I hope he winning bidder doesn't lose out and will be able to claim there money back as it's still active.

kennycoder

He can always dispute it with PP. I've read the new updates to term and conditions and you can ask for your money back if it's a rep plus keep the article.

Genius

I'm going to be checking the sellers feedback, if the buyer leaves positive feedback thinking he bought a gen I'm messaging him on ebay to tell him the error he has made

soundman_roo

Terrible rep, pushers are wrong, minute marker '15' is too small, chrono second hand should be silver with red tip, sub-dial hands should be silver, date window and logo should be even beneath the Carrera text. Looks like it's got the wrong deployment clasp on the strap, and that's before you even start on the case back and the fact it's Quartz!

Anyone looking for a Carrera chrono should spot this a mile off!

I have seen loads of 'quality' automatic watches listed on my local gumtree stating 'battery just replaced'... Surely people don't buy these, do they. Makes me laugh!

LightGeek

I hate it when then add some stupid shit rationale like...

SELLING ON BEHALF OF FRIEND WHO IS SERVING HIS OUR COUNTRY AND IS GETTING MARRIED SO NEED THE MONEY

USED ON SPECIAL OCCASIONS SO IN EXCELLENT CONDITION.

IN USED, BUT ONLY ON SPECIAL OCCASIONS

Usually when you see this (on eBay), the credibility goes down to crap because the seller can't think of anything else to say.

Jagsman

Also reported, someone is going to get scammed!

LightGeek

He can always dispute it with PP. I've read the new updates to term and conditions and you can ask for your money back if it's a rep plus keep the article.

Yep. Free reps on eBay.

drmdtsap

The watch is SOLD!!! Good Lord.... Ebay is ought to be repBay... Hope the buyer check it before the 45 days time for a dispute... But i guess he is happy now, somewhere bragging about his new TAG. I feel sorry for him, and i am mad with the seller, who sold it for a gen. With 700GBP he could have bought a second handed gen watch or a super duper moded TC Sub.

soundman_roo

i feel sorry for the buyer also......

But, anyone who is spending that much money on a watch, and buying on ebay, and hasn't done the tiny amount of research required to spot the issues with this one really only have themselve to blame.

There was so much wrong with that one that even a quick compare with any pic on google would have shown it, before you get into the whole quartz issue! Surely buyers are buying a watch with an understanding of what it is, and what it represents.

I'm not saying everyone should be a full on horologest, and i couldn't necessarily identify various movements in various watches or know if its absolutely correct for that watch, but i'd know if it was meant to be quartz or not, and i'd have a good idea of what the rotor should look like! especially if i was away to spend so much cash!

Genius

I do keep going back and checking the sellers feedback and nothing for this watch so far, positive or negative so maybe the buyer is in the process of trying to get his money back

l3wyh

Have been doing the same as well, not sure if its possible to contact the winning bidder as the username is usually filtered

Genius
Have been doing the same as well, not sure if its possible to contact the winning bidder as the username is usually filtered

Need to wait for them to leave feedback you can then pull their username from the seller feedback profile and message them... I've done it before ;)

EBay is full of cunts

frontier

yes looks like a fake and smells like a fake

michel7752

test

Edited by michel7752

WebWind
test

Are you sure? We have test section here.