Sign in to follow this  
Mariner89

Has anyone ever been turned down at an AD?

Mariner89

I would start a one man protest in front of the store. Dress real nice and carry a sign that says that the store is biased and prejudiced against funky hairstyles :) Get a megaphone and start screaming in it! Make a scene...vent your frustrations!

HartJimmy280.jpg

WE ARE THE 99% OF SWATCH OWNERS ... LOW-MID RANGE SWISS WATCHES FOR THE MASSES!!!!!!!! ..........or awesome reps.

pmapma

Dreadlocks? Seriously?

MRW_zpsr1hvk3vj.gif

I have my reasons ... and I don't smoke and play the bongos in case you're wondering :)

Ho guys U're so funny !

SteveA

Had the same at Jag dealer,already had a nice V6 sport and was looking to trade up.Passing the dealer with a mate in his works van and very casually dressed got fucked off by a shitty arsed salesman who prolly drives a Fiesta.

Went to nearest Merc dealer where I actually bought CLK sport and next time I was passing,suited and booted popped into the Jag dealer just to tell the sales mgr how much cash his prick salesman had lost them.

Robin195959

That's disgraceful buddy. Everything I could have said has been said. Fuck em!

greg_r

reminds me of the "No Jacket Required" album by Phil Collins. It was named following an evening when he was refused entry to a nightclub because he was wearing clothing they thought inappropriate (leather jeans and jacket). :facepalm:

trailboss99

Turning away Phil Collins is probably not the best career move ever . . .

MetalMickey
reminds me of the "No Jacket Required" album by Phil Collins. It was named following an evening when he was refused entry to a nightclub because he was wearing clothing they thought inappropriate (leather jeans and jacket). :facepalm:

If I ran a nightclub kind wouldn't let Phil Collins in under any circumstances.

Mariner89

Don't deny the PC mate ... he stalks in the night and can see you

fatarms

Do they have a facebook page? Twitter? Posting experiences like that on social media gets immediate attention if they know what's good for their business.

trailboss99

^^^THIS^^^

MetalMickey

Don't deny the PC mate ... he stalks in the night and can see you

He can't dance.

reximda

I would sooooo return with a wad of cash and do a 'Pretty Woman' if they did that to me!

I wish there was a Yelp for watch stores haha

There is. It's called Yelp.

Dunno about over there, but here in the states, Yelp is used for everything retail.

I had a shitty experience at a watch place here in NY, and let them know about it via Yelp. More importantly, let other potential future customers know about it.

Also, fuck them! Assholes.

Testomatic

Yep a bit of social media rant and preferably a video of your next denied entry posted on youtube should shed some light on their racial profiling behaviour

elp

Trichological discrimination! If this had been in the US you could expect a nice settlement :D

Kleen™

The owner of a company I used to work for gets a tremendous kick out of fucking with ADs - he's a jeans and white shirt kinda guy most days and thoroughly enjoy shopping expensive stuff in that exact outfit: Pateks, 12 cylinder limos and that sort of toys...they usually never realise exactly what hit them until the cash is on the counter. I've seen him do it on several occasions, and it's alway good for a chuckle...

tonyh7

I used to work in Bangkok, for a family firm and stayed in one of the big western hotels there. I often used to see the head of the family in the foyer. He was an elderly Sikh, and he'd had a stroke, so he dragged one leg. He wore a turban and dressed casually. I often saw tourists staring at him like he was some kind of vagrant. It amused me, as besides owning the hotel, and quite a bit of Bangkok he also owned a fair chunk of San Diego. Never judge a book by its cover!

myaz

Most of us will dress accordingly for an interview, wedding or court appearance. In that same vein, a few restaurants have dress codes. They miss out on some business. Their choice, their loss. I personally get a kick out of dressing down whenever shopping for anything pricey. That doesn't mean I would start an online defamation campaign if I perceived a case of

Lèse-majesté.

Left Coast Guy

Unfortunately, I look WASPy and white bread as hell....so I never get much of that....

Dr. Jimmy

Sorry that happened to you mate, must feel shitty.

Piloten

Admittedly, it has not happened to me but the business community here is a little odd, as a large part of it is oil and gas driven. There is a real --a proper term does not come to mind-- 'reverse snobbery' here, where the upper management dresses as if they are on the way to clean a latrine and the suit and tie folks are the underlings..

What happened to you is not in any way 'ok'. An official complaint to the store owner, social media and seeing if anyone in the mainstream media would not mind picking it up as a local interest piece come to mind.

Mariner89

Admittedly, it has not happened to me but the business community here is a little odd, as a large part of it is oil and gas driven. There is a real --a proper term does not come to mind-- 'reverse snobbery' here, where the upper management dresses as if they are on the way to clean a latrine and the suit and tie folks are the underlings..

What happened to you is not in any way 'ok'. An official complaint to the store owner, social media and seeing if anyone in the mainstream media would not mind picking it up as a local interest piece come to mind.

I've thought of everything that has been suggested so far but honestly I think my most satisfying course of action will be to just wait until next time I'm in there for something simple like a strap or screws or what have you and just casually mention that I've been wary of coming back there because of my last experience ... then let them handle their own problems ... because as much as that single guy was an ass ... I do enjoy the shop overall and have never had a bad experience otherwise ... FOR NOW I WAIT IN THE SHADOWS :giggle:

agl1

I'm a very sloppy dresser by choice, mostly casual jeans or trousers, Nikes and white t shirts (I'm quite young but doing pretty ok) but I've never been turned away from an AD before. Watches of Switzerland on Bond Street told me to go to Selfridges Timsons to buy a strap as they 'didn't sell straps' which they actually do. But other than that I've been well served everywhere.

The only place I have had a problem is Audi. Twice I've wanted to replace my car and both times nobody ever wants to serve me. Both times cars weren't available for test drives and both times I was never called back to actually book test drives and talk numbers. I still really want an S4 but I just can't be bothered with buying from a brand that just doesn't care.

Edited by agl1

Stewart

One of the VPs where I worked walked into a car dealership with roughly 30K in his pocket to buy his son a car for graduation. He was wearing jeans and a tee shirt. The sales person at the Toyota dealership would hardly acknowledge him and basically refused to assist him. He went next door and bought a Honda.

Oprah Winfrey was refused service at a Hermes dealership somewhere in Europe.

Just goes to show some people rush to judgement based on appearance.

Mariner89

One of the VPs where I worked walked into a car dealership with roughly 30K in his pocket to buy his son a car for graduation. He was wearing jeans and a tee shirt. The sales person at the Toyota dealership would hardly acknowledge him and basically refused to assist him. He went next door and bought a Honda.

Oprah Winfrey was refused service at a Hermes dealership somewhere in Europe.

Just goes to show some people rush to judgement based on appearance.

Yea Oprah got denied at a shop in Switzerland ... when I'm Oprah rich then I'll just throw down the black card and buy the lot haha