Sign in to follow this  
soundman_roo

HELP! i broke the golden 7750 rule! LOOKING FOR A WATCHSMITH IN SCOTLAND.... or uk :)

soundman_roo

Hello all,

I have a Tag Carrera Chrono rep with a 7750 movement, and i have mostly stuck to the rules and been careful, never changing the date unless well outwith the 10-2 range, sparingly using the chrono, never reseting unless the sec hand was close to 12 etc.

However i did end up up having to use the chrono the other day and once i started it it now won't stop..... it almost feels like the start/stop pusher isn't pushing against anything!

The watch still runs and self winds, but the chrono second hand is constantly moving, and i want it to stop!!

Anyone have any ideas? i've toyed with opening it to see if the plate that the pusher presses on has not returned to its 'up' position, but i'm worried if i open it i'll just make things worse.

I'd be happy to have the chrono reset and never use it again, but i don't like it running constantly.

Does it sound like it needs a new movement, or is it definately a watchsmith job?

I am in scotland, u.k, are there any rep friendly watch magicians around that anyone knows of?

I have just got myself a gen tag, but i still really really love the rep one, much classier model, but i could live without it for a while if the only option was to send it back to toro/china....

any ideas? i'm sure someone's been here before and you guys always seem to have wise words to offer those in need of help!

(no point in telling me not to use the chrono now!! its too late, although it's worth mentioning that in 6 months i maybe used it 8-10 times)

Edited by soundman_roo

ROLIE

HI sounds to me that the operating lever 2 functions is broke. you can get them from cousins uk ( if you are in uk) or of the bay. This lever starts and stops your chrono only via a cam

soundman_roo

do you think its something i could have a go at myself? or could i at least stop the chrono by pushing something, ,maybe manualy adjust the cam, reset it, and never touch it again?

soundman_roo

or is it worth sending it back to china? i know that td's will take returns if d.o.a.... but how about repairs further down the line, anyone done it and if so what kinda costs were you looking at?

I got mine from toro, but i dont expect 'warranty' type repairs, i'm happy to pay, but just not sure how to go about it!

Tits McGee

I wouldn't. My last 2 A7750's have had the same problem. I have one at the watch repair guy. As soon as he finishes that one I'm sending the other. If it's a watch you intend to keep I'd send it to a watchsmith for a servicing & cleaning.

Asian chrono's are touchy at best.

Tits McGee

or is it worth sending it back to china? i know that td's will take returns if d.o.a.... but how about repairs further down the line, anyone done it and if so what kinda costs were you looking at?

I got mine from toro, but i dont expect 'warranty' type repairs, i'm happy to pay, but just not sure how to go about it!

I got mine from Toro too. I'm willing to bet there's a whole batch of them out there with the same problem. I never send anything back to China. Not worth taking a chance on it getting lost. That's just me. Toro is a good TD. He'll take care of you if it's a recent problem. After a couple weeks I believe you'll be on your own though. Good luck.

dalboy

It's beyond you skill's, don't attempt it or you will fuck it up .

One of your fellow Scots will know someone in your neck of the woods who can sort it for you.

Don't send it to Chins FFS.

Dal

MetalMickey
It's beyond you skill's, don't attempt it or you will fuck it up .

One of your fellow Scots will know someone in your neck of the woods who can sort it for you.

Don't send it to Chins FFS.

Dal

This

soundman_roo

thanks for the advice chaps, i know that getting inside it myself is a recipe for disaster to be honest!

And i know toro is a good guy but i wouldn't be expecting him to resolve it, it's been a few months, i'm just not sure who to send it to as the few watchsmiths websites i've found in scotland actually state they won't work on reps.....

So my new cry for help now is..... Any scots know of a watchsmith who will work on a rep with an a7750 movement?

dalboy

What part you in

soundman_roo

What part you in

I'm in Aberdeen but i get about... In the central belt most weeks at some point!

ROLIE

Try the TD section on the forum

TimePeace

You can always send it to Domi if no luck on the island.

And have his AR magic done while you're at it.

deju

Nothing in Scotland mate! The TW (trusted Watchsmith) on the site should be able to help, they are based in England

I'll be honest if you like it just buy a new one... Hasslle, time and money go hand in hand.

sunbites

Nothing in Scotland mate! The TW (trusted Watchsmith) on the site should be able to help, they are based in England

I'll be honest if you like it just buy a new one... Hasslle, time and money go hand in hand.

Id fix it at UK Watchrepairs or with Domi. Makes the watch this much more reliable.

ROLIE

If you get stuck ill fix it for free just pm me if no luck anywhere else

soundman_roo
Have a butchers at my experience with Nick. UK based too.

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=107146&hl=&fromsearch=1

Any chance you could pm me contact details for nick?

Also thanks again guys, I appreciate your opinions!

Toro has offered a free repair to his credit, as I have had the watch for a while but I am worried about the risk off sending it easy again, so I think I'm going to try a more local option.

Also how do I find UK Watchrepairs or Domi?

And I appreciate your offer also Rollie! We'll se how we get on.

As for the suggestion to just buy a new one, do we think that a service and repair will leave me with a more reliable watch over a new replacement? The watch was over £300 so how would this compare to the cost of repair as I have no idea, I've never used a watch smith before!

sunbites

Nick = watchrepair uk. Service is £90, part repair is £40 + postage.

Domi is more expensive; and his lead time is like 12 weeks so i only use him for ROO mods.

soundman_roo

Is this the guy?

http://www.ukwatchrepairs.co.uk/

thanks guys! I'll give nick a shout and see if he can help as a start!

EDIT: Just found his section in the probationary dealer/trader bit... i'll contact him via the means mentioned there!

Edited by soundman_roo