Sign in to follow this  
paultthomas

My new acquisition Rolex 5512

Ishmael

Can't wait to see this one mate!

Posted the build next door. Might be helpful for anyone making the same journey:

http://rwg.cc/index....ted-Cartel-5513

:drool:

Seriously I'm in awe of guys like you with the skills you have. Sure maybe if I had the time and put in the effort I could learn to do some of that, but from here, you're a ninja plain and simple :ninja:

Well done Jack!

michel7752

I am now able to provide the pictures of my new vintage Submariner 5513 from Perfect Clones. With explorer dial and so-called "underline" (see the short line printed below "Submariner"). I substituted the black bezel insert with a dark-blue insert. As discussed above, this is the new "upgraded" Submarine case from the cartel.20151225_104232_zpsolvvygj9.jpg20151225_104232 5_zps9ntyg2j6.jpg20151225_104454 1_zps7sucmwbw.jpg

Thrasher

Just as an FYI these are all new cartel I got from Sead. I'm working on a 007 5513 and a 5517 I will use Yuki parts and a cartel 5513 case for the 5517, Yuki also told me in a month or two he will have ETA 5517 sword hands to go with his rolex 5517 dial.

_MG_7097.jpg

_MG_7118.jpg

I will put on a Athaya 702 crown which is shorter and more accurate then the cartel crown which is to tall and makes CGs look short

Thrasher

Yuki just said May or June for the 5517 hands :(ETA 5517 hands

Edited by Thrasher

UmpaHimself

CGs look great! Could use an Ofrei pearl though. I like the NATO FWIW. Bracelet, NATO, leather strap... It all looks good on a vintage sub!

UmpaHimself
Just as an FYI these are all new cartel I got from Sead. I'm working on a 007 5513 and a 5517 I will use Yuki parts and a cartel 5513 case for the 5517, Yuki also told me in a month or two he will have ETA 5517 sword hands to go with his rolex 5517 dial.

I will put on a Athaya 702 crown which is shorter and more accurate then the cartel crown which is to tall and makes CGs look short

What bracelets are these coming with?

franzyldn

so finally the crown are not too big?

I've seen many comments about crown too big compared to the gen

my 5512 from MR is on its way and I can't wait to wear it :)

jd1566
Old%20school%20James%20Bond_zpsnw57cwoz.jpg

Paul, could you please post a shot of the engravings between the lugs? Thanks:)

Stailess_zps7cdlnmcq.jpg

With all this scrutiny, I discovered this. STAILESS STEEL. That's really irritated me!

Uh...buggery...!

Well now we know it s not gen :-)

Anyway i m still buying one can you post the exact link from PC ? I want to make sure I take the same

http://www.pf-818.co...836-p-9482.html I did email him first as I hadn't done business with him before.

Hi all,

the early versions of the 5513 don't actually have Stainless Steel engraved in the lugs! Check out any for sale site of vintage watches up to 1970 and you won't find it there. You will find in the 1665 (SD). Haven't checked the 1680 but suspect it's the same scenario.. Would be interesting to know WHEN Stainless did appear within the watchlugs.. So don't sweat it!