Sign in to follow this  
sperrypacino

Elite Watch Replica

sperrypacino

Anyone ever use this site? I bought one "1:1 Mirror" and I've been real happy with it... Curious to know what everyone's thoughts are here. Noob to this site and rep watch buying in general.

elitereplicawatch.nl/audemars-piguet-royal-oak-41mm-1-1-mirror-ultimate-edition.htm

Admin edit: link to untrusted site removed.

stevok2305

Nice intro!

Edited by stevok2305

sperrypacino

Nice intro spammer!!!!

Not spamming at all. Sorry, not sure about protocol here. I just want to know how the specs compare to some of the others? I'm just cruising through here now and I see some of Toro's stuff at a much cheaper price, is it really worth paying more at the other site based on the specs?

greg_r

Not the worst dealer out there, but you overpaid significantly (which is normal for that particular site - their prices are WAY higher than the trusted dealers - they'll happily sell you a $200 watch for $800 ;) ).

Incidentally, that rep is NOT 1:1, but you could have done a helluva lot worse. Stick to the trusted dealers next time and you'll save yourself a few bucks - in the meantime, enjoy your watch! :)

Thread moved to scams.

sperrypacino

So the EliteWatch place advertises "Genuine Swiss 2836-2 Movement"

Seems like everyone including Toro and Kingwatch use the MIYOTA 9015. What's the difference...?

sperrypacino

Not the worst dealer out there, but you overpaid significantly (which is normal for that particular site - their prices are WAY higher than the trusted dealers).

Incidentally, that rep is NOT 1:1, but you could have done a helluva lot worse. Stick to the trusted dealers next time and you'll save yourself a few bucks - in the meantime, enjoy your watch! :)

Thread moved to scams.

Thanks much! I actually didn't buy THAT watch, I bought a much different one (can post IMGUR pic). I'm actually in the market to buy a rep of that exact watch, and want to get as close to 1:1 as possible. Any dealers here that you'd suggest? Thanks for being helpful, particularly in spite of the first post... Wasn't sure about how to phrase, etc...

Derek Mc

Seems like everyone including Toro and Kingwatch use the MIYOTA 9015. What's the difference...?

They prey on the fact that if you go ton them you will not actually know what you are buying to look at. If and only if it is indeed a Gen ETA then it will be pretty unique as even the best TD's here use ETA movements that are built from re-claimed parts and not 100% swiss. Rep mfr's really cannot get access to volumes swiss movements easily, for obvious reasons.

As mentioned above we have TD's for a very good reason ;)

JSJ

Not the worst dealer out there, but you overpaid significantly (which is normal for that particular site - their prices are WAY higher than the trusted dealers).

Thread moved to scams.

Thanks much! I actually didn't buy THAT watch, I bought a much different one (can post IMGUR pic). I'm actually in the market to buy a rep of that exact watch, and want to get as close to 1:1 as possible. Any dealers here that you'd suggest? Thanks for being helpful, particularly in spite of the first post... Wasn't sure about how to phrase, etc...

Welcome :).

This is a must read:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=7456

Use only the TDs in the link in that thread and only use the exact links posted on thi s site. There are plenty of clone sites who look like the TDs and who will scam you.

tabuktime

$1100, fuck me, bit steep!

Need to do about more research on here before your next purchase.

And just to reiterate was was told to me and many others, that means using the search facility and reading lots and lots.

Hopefully your next purchase will be better informed and more satisfying because of it.

Good luck ;)

sperrypacino

This is the one I bought (and subsequently scratch to hell), I think I paid $550~

http://imgur.com/HPyyUq1

Edited by sperrypacino

tabuktime
Anyone ever use this site? I bought one "1:1 Mirror" and I've been real happy with it... Curious to know what everyone's thoughts are here. Noob to this site and rep watch buying in general.

elitereplicawatch.nl/audemars-piguet-royal-oak-41mm-1-1-mirror-ultimate-edition.htm

Is it just me or can anyone else see the link?

greg_r

Dealers like the one you linked tell a lot of lies.

You need to do some reading, mate. There are very few Swiss movements in reps these days. ETA stopped supply ebauches outside Swatch Group years ago - there are a few Sellita movements in the chain, but they're not that common either. The majority of so-called 'Swiss' movements in reps are either nothing of the kind or used/refurbished (often with Asian parts). Stick to the clone Asian ETAs and stuff like the Miyota - better value and probably in better condition too.

Anyhow, there's no 1:1 rep of that particular Patek, but the Miyota-powered version is still very nice indeed. There's also a cheaper one that is less good quality (and is likely to be what the site you linked will actually supply - with a low-end chinese movement). Go for the Miyota version.

sperrypacino

Man! Thank you guys much! This is actually incredibly helpful! Is there a particular TD you suggest here for the best quality AP Royal Oak (black face) chrono or reg?

greg_r

Is it just me or can anyone else see the link?

The link is there but deactivated - we don't allow active links to scam sites.

This is the one I bought (and subsequently scratch to hell), I think I paid $550~

http://imgur.com/HPyyUq1

Um - well at least you got a watch. It's a cheapie, though - you overpaid by about $400.

Man! Thank you guys much! This is actually incredibly helpful! Is there a particular TD you suggest here for the best quality AP Royal Oak (black face) chrono or reg?

Most of the TDs should be able to supply one of those - do some reading first, though, it'll give you a better idea of what to expect. Start with the threads linked from "READ THIS" in my sig.

sperrypacino

Dealers like the one you linked tell a lot of lies.

You need to do some reading, mate. There are very few Swiss movements in reps these days. ETA stopped supply ebauches outside Swatch Group years ago - there are a few Sellita movements in the chain, but they're not that common either. The majority of so-called 'Swiss' movements in reps are either nothing of the kind or used/refurbished (often with Asian parts). Stick to the clone Asian ETAs and stuff like the Miyota - better value and probably in better condition too.

Anyhow, there's no 1:1 rep of that particular Patek, but the Miyota-powered version is still very nice indeed. There's also a cheaper one that is less good quality (and is likely to be what the site you linked will actually supply - with a low-end chinese movement). Go for the Miyota version.

Appreciate the feedback here, I'm actually looking for an AP rep. As mentioned above a Royal Oak black face. Stainless w/chrono or w/o. I'm open to either! Happily looking for TD recc's for the best quality I can get here!

sperrypacino

Difference between Automatic asia 2836-2 movement and "Automatic Japan Miyota 9015 24J, 28800 BPH (Same stability as Swiss-Eta), decorated platinum plated movement, bridges and rotor per genuine Calibre 3120"...?

greg_r

Difference between Automatic asia 2836-2 movement and "Automatic Japan Miyota 9015 24J, 28800 BPH (Same stability as Swiss-Eta), decorated platinum plated movement, bridges and rotor per genuine Calibre 3120"...?

Have a read of this: http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=6930

sperrypacino

If I want to buy a different strap for this watch... Any thoughts?

Mike 1108

Under "Trusted Dealers" is a section for "Straps and Accessories" - At the bottom under the "Other recommended suppliers" is a section on straps as well.

Have fun.