Sign in to follow this  
dalboy

How much has your taste changed ..

onzenuub

I got divorced and married Clare. Does that count?

You divorced Clare and next married her? :P

Sadly me old fruit, your grasp of Grammar has let you down. Were your suggestion the case, the sentence would have been " I divorced and married Clare", or "I got divorced from and married Clare. Since it would be grammatically incorrect to say "I got divorced Clare", the two clauses sit unrelated. So there :suck:

Ha, schooled!!!!!

DC

Grammarwhores.

Incorrectgrammarwhore

Correctincorrectgrammarwhore.

Gazzla

Sadly me old fruit, your grasp of Grammar has let you down. Were your suggestion the case, the sentence would have been " I divorced and married Clare", or "I got divorced from and married Clare. Since it would be grammatically incorrect to say "I got divorced Clare", the two clauses sit unrelated. So there :suck:

Glad to see there's still erudite members upholding some modicum of English. :D

Kleen™
Started not getting PAMs and mostly only liking bracelets.

Now I have 12 PAMs and a lot of straps.

Started liking everything, which is why I have 150+ watches.

Now, I'm starting to figure out what I really like after having the 150+ watches for a while and starting to thin the heard.

Also, I'm beginning the transition that many have gone through - from mostly reps, to kind of loosing the thrill of reps and starting to go mostly gen. Though there are a few favorite reps I'll be keeping. A lot of rep sales coming on uuM2M.........

Ooooh, any grail IWCs I need to know about in a DIBS kinda way...:D

Hornet

Ha, schooled!!!!!

DC

Grammarwhores.

Incorrectgrammarwhore

Uneruditememberwhore

onzenuub

Ha, schooled!!!!!

DC

Grammarwhores.

Incorrectgrammarwhore

Uneruditememberwhore

That is not correct, you have to follow the posts.

_DC_

Ha, schooled!!!!!

DC

Grammarwhores.

Incorrectgrammarwhore

Uneruditememberwhore

Grammarargumentnestedpostwhore

onzenuub

Ha, schooled!!!!!

DC

Grammarwhores.

Incorrectgrammarwhore

Uneruditememberwhore

That is correct.

Kleen™

Ha, schooled!!!!!

DC

Grammarwhores.

Incorrectgrammarwhore

Uneruditememberwhore

That is correct.

Stop the nestwhorin' u lot....tis not even funny!

onzenuub

Ha, schooled!!!!!

DC

Grammarwhores.

Incorrectgrammarwhore

Uneruditememberwhore

That is correct.

Idiot

Kleen™

Ha, schooled!!!!!

DC

Grammarwhores.

Incorrectgrammarwhore

Uneruditememberwhore

That is correct.

Idiot

wtf...you're the all high and mighty, yet you don't even know how to spell eejit, let alone put a permanent end to the overly abused nestwhoring? Pffffff - dutchies...

Hornet

Ha, schooled!!!!!

DC

Grammarwhores.

Incorrectgrammarwhore

Uneruditememberwhore

Ruleswhore

onzenuub

Ha, schooled!!!!!

DC

Grammarwhores.

Incorrectgrammarwhore

Uneruditememberwhore

That is correct.

Idiot

wtf...you're the all high and mighty, yet you don't even know how to spell eejit, let alone put a permanent end to the overly abused nestwhoring? Pffffff - dutchies...

You one percenter. Tsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssk

Chrisby
Can someone summarise to me what Dal's thread is about.... If I wanted to read a novel I'd buy a bloody book :D

You'd get a book with lots of pictures wouldn't you?

.....and to answer your question, I think he's selling something again.

Of Course I would.... or get an audio book so some fucker could read it to me.

Selling something?

Oh for fuck sake, I hope this thread doesn't go the same way as his last sales thread.

Top guy here, he's an all round Mr Nice guy and certainly takes great care with his watches.

Buy with confidence, GLWS Mate!!!

onzenuub
Can someone summarise to me what Dal's thread is about.... If I wanted to read a novel I'd buy a bloody book :D

Selling something?

Oh for fuck sake, I hope this thread doesn't go the same way as his last sales thread.

Top guy here, he's an all round Mr Nice guy and certainly takes great care with his watches.

One percenter. :P

Ha, schooled!!!!!

DC

Grammarwhores.

Incorrectgrammarwhore

Uneruditememberwhore

Ruleswhore

No. Not correct, not the rules, the posts. Cann't you fucking read, are you blind?

Kleen™

Ha, schooled!!!!!

DC

Grammarwhores.

Incorrectgrammarwhore

Uneruditememberwhore

That is correct.

Idiot

You one percenter. Tsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssk

See?!

You're doing it again, despite me specifically telling you to stop it (with divine powers vested in me). Nest-whoring is a bad, bad habit. Now stop it, you stoooopid dutch lavatory-cleaner...

Hornet

Selling something?

Ha, schooled!!!!!

DC

Grammarwhores.

Incorrectgrammarwhore

Uneruditememberwhore

Ruleswhore

No. Not correct, not the rules, the posts. Cann't you fucking read, are you blind?

Can't you spell?

Hornet

Selling something?

An audio book of Dal droning on about how is watch tastes have changed? Oh my, that would be a hit.....

Chrisby

Selling something?

Ha, schooled!!!!!

DC

Grammarwhores.

Incorrectgrammarwhore

Uneruditememberwhore

Ruleswhore

Ninety Nine percent perverted

Selling something?

An audio book of Dal droning on about how is watch tastes have changed? Oh my, that would be a hit.....

You could use it to bore the enemy to sleep

cogwatch
Started not getting PAMs and mostly only liking bracelets.

Now I have 12 PAMs and a lot of straps.

Started liking everything, which is why I have 150+ watches.

Now, I'm starting to figure out what I really like after having the 150+ watches for a while and starting to thin the heard.

Also, I'm beginning the transition that many have gone through - from mostly reps, to kind of loosing the thrill of reps and starting to go mostly gen. Though there are a few favorite reps I'll be keeping. A lot of rep sales coming on uuM2M.........

Ooooh, any grail IWCs I need to know about in a DIBS kinda way... :D

Only one IWC I'm afraid. A Top Gun. Nice enough looking watch, but it's got a pain in the ass quick set date issue and a date clicking onto centered in the window issue. Once you get the date set and center it, it's fine for the day, but a pain to get there. An example of one of the reasons I'm moving from reps to gens :)

But an IWC 3777 Pilot or Portofino Chrono ($4.2K on leather at Jomashop) is on my list of gens to get as I move a bunch of my reps out the door. 25 or 30 reps gone and I'm there :lol:

agl1

Started off looking to get a Tag Carrera about 6 years ago. Got it, opened it up and dropped it flat on the face. Glass smashed, hands fell out. Went in the bin.

Then I got a Breitling and that was lovely. Then got a Breitling Bentley, that was good too!

Stopped with reps for a bit.

Got into PAMS. Had a fantasy 009 for about a year as a beater. Then I got a 360, 005, and the 785 set.

Then I got an AP. Now I don't like AP as it's beyond my financial reach. Watches are ok, but the reps aren't reliable enough.

Then I tried on a GEN ROLEX DSSD and I was in love. Ordered the NOOB V5 and nothing has been on my wrist for the past 5 weeks since it arrived. Now I'm buying GEN parts to make a Franken!

Looking at PAM vs Rolex on the wrist and I'm liking Rolex more and more. Pretty set on buying a No Date Sub next. I also really love the fluted blue dial DateJust II.

Firmly in Rolex territory for now, until my PAM005 gets back from repair and that takes my fancy!!

Edited by agl1

Ishmael

I'll play, though it'll certainly get lost in the nestwhoring...

There was, is, and always will be one true love for me - the 6263. I found this place looking for one, bought probably two dozen since being here, discovered the DW/Spin models and binned the cartels, and am now quite happy with my goldie, my Albino, and my Big Red :D

Along the way became quite fond of Breitling, Omega, IWC, Franck Muller, et at., had a thoughtless dabble with the occasional PAM, and a nearly fatal AP ROO fever from which I've since recovered (though I'll admit they're still alluring). I've settled on vintage Rolex mostly (6263, 6542, 5517, 16014), an odd Breitling, a couple Tudors, and the only option for Lange chronograph lovers - the Datograph, which happens to be the only other watch that rivals the perfection of the 6263 for me. T'were money no obstacle, I'd have two and only two in the box - a 6263 and a Dato. Job done :D

That said, I've an itch every now and then to get outta the rep world altogether. Maybe get more into Seiko or Steinhart or the plethora of other pleasantly priced mechanicals. Reps give us a chance to own something close to a watch we would otherwise never be able to afford. But they also come with massive headaches. And pubes. It'd be nice to be rid of all that. In the end though, I see a Seiko and think… sure, okay. I google image a 6263 and my insides get all churny. That's the difference for me, and why I stay in the rep game.

Next up: a TC LV.

Good topic Dal!

ShovelnTC

I guess I'm just not into "aquired taste" or maturing with age as I have whittled my collection back to just a few reps and a few economy Gens and all but one were bought very early in my Rep collecting time.

rikracy

After all said and done...we're all addicted!!!

Be it to what ever brand catches our eye!

We can all put a different watch on daily if you choose too, like picking which shirt to wear!

As long as you get a buzz from what ever choice you've made....job done!!!

Now,its time to take my medication and off to the asylum we go!!!

ca12bon

Mine has not changed in over a decade... Still wearing my franken SOSF amd think it's the bees knees ;)

Kleen™
Mine has not changed in over a decade... Still wearing my franken SOSF amd think it's the bees knees ;)

Wow. Five year membership. First post. Wow.