Sign in to follow this  
_DC_

THE DC REVIEW: AP Royal Oak Jumbo 15202 New Release!!!

_DC_

I wouldn't know as I've not seen the newest 15400's, but in fairness I've never noticed the crystal clarity of any rep, they all look clear to me?!?

Think you lot are just fussy!!!

DC

Skogstad

Thanks you DC for a good review of the 15202 :-)

But how would you describe the quality of this vs the Nautilus?

_DC_
Thanks you DC for a good review of the 15202 :-)

But how would you describe the quality of this vs the Nautilus?

I'd call it close but no cigar!

It's good, it's very good, but the Nautilus is better!!

DC

Fat Bruno

fist of all i want to thank you for your grate review. I think i can accept the quartz moment but i can nor really pass trough the dial issue.

mech500
I wouldn't know as I've not seen the newest 15400's, but in fairness I've never noticed the crystal clarity of any rep, they all look clear to me?!?

DC

Lol. I hear you man but here's a pic showing the difference between a "clear" xtal and a "milky" xtal.

Pic taken from RWI:-

5d2d4de41aab1914c2b51e8a61e546db.jpg

Thanks for the review. Think I'll get one after CNY.

Member X

DC

Lol. I hear you man but here's a pic showing the difference between a "clear" xtal and a "milky" xtal.

Pic taken from RWI:-

5d2d4de41aab1914c2b51e8a61e546db.jpg

Thanks for the review. Think I'll get one after CNY.

Surely that's just a reflection in the right hand one?

mech500

^^ It's practically impossible to get the same milky "reflection" on a x2AR xtal.

Edited by mech500

Rush

Yes, of course I'm fairly new to the forum. Just discovered your review DC. Excellent write up. Cheers

6c08555918e4e4f83387ca83ea5d903e.jpg

Edited by Rush

flawless85

This one is definitely on my purchase list. Is toro still the only one carrying it?

Tikwatejnu

I never felt anything for the AP brand, since the design didn't speak to me. Taste is personal, but here comes this guy *winks at DC* and it grows on me! Thank you for your efforts and time!

Edited by Tikwatejnu

billodavio

Its a real shame that our replica community is not being able to produce the AP every connoisseur dreams off. No it is not the 15202 but instead the 5402 . Back in 1972 Gerard Genta introduced the royal oak and the 5402 was born. 40 years later in 2012 to commemorate Genta a replica was introduced namely the 15202. Now why do we need to replicate the replica instead of the original? The 15202 is a great watch but it is almost impossible to duplicate for 2 main reasons:

1. the back is open to show the great 2121 caliber (hence the fake movement is displayed)

2. the thickness of the watch is impossible to duplicate with the fake automatic movement.

Alternatively, the original classical vintage 5402 is very easy to duplicate 99% for the following reasons:

1. The back is closed (the movement is hidden)

2. Second hand is not needed (a thin quartz movement can be used)

3. the buckle used in original is very basic and affordable

To go one step further, the dial could be made in blue and be slightly "rusted" to mark the 40 year of age.

This is a project that could offer a 99% replicated Audemars piguet at less than 200 dollars.

Note that the watch is 39mm.

If more people are interested, we should lobby to have it produced as soon as possible.

What are your thoughts / regards

billodavio

Its a real shame that our replica community is not being able to produce the AP every connoisseur dreams off. No it is not the 15202 but instead the 5402 . Back in 1972 Gerard Genta introduced the royal oak and the 5402 was born. 40 years later in 2012 to commemorate Genta a replica was introduced namely the 15202. Now why do we need to replicate the replica instead of the original? The 15202 is a great watch but it is almost impossible to duplicate for 2 main reasons:

1. the back is open to show the great 2121 caliber (hence the fake movement is displayed)

2. the thickness of the watch is impossible to duplicate with the fake automatic movement.

Alternatively, the original classical vintage 5402 is very easy to duplicate 99% for the following reasons:

To go one step further, the dial could be made in blue and be slightly "rusted" to mark the 40 year of age.

This is a project that could offer a 99% replicated Audemars piguet at less than 200 dollars.

If more people are interested, we should lobby to have it produced as soon as possible.

One more Observation ... the same could apply to Patek Phillipe

Kleen™

Very good points. Please make it so.

niceandcivilized
Its a real shame that our replica community is not being able to produce the AP every connoisseur dreams off. No it is not the 15202 but instead the 5402 . Back in 1972 Gerard Genta introduced the royal oak and the 5402 was born. 40 years later in 2012 to commemorate Genta a replica was introduced namely the 15202. Now why do we need to replicate the replica instead of the original? The 15202 is a great watch but it is almost impossible to duplicate for 2 main reasons: 1. the back is open to show the great 2121 caliber (hence the fake movement is displayed) 2. the thickness of the watch is impossible to duplicate with the fake automatic movement. Alternatively, the original classical vintage 5402 is very easy to duplicate 99% for the following reasons: 1. The back is closed (the movement is hidden) 2. Second hand is not needed (a thin quartz movement can be used) 3. the buckle used in original is very basic and affordable To go one step further, the dial could be made in blue and be slightly "rusted" to mark the 40 year of age. This is a project that could offer a 99% replicated Audemars piguet at less than 200 dollars. Note that the watch is 39mm. If more people are interested, we should lobby to have it produced as soon as possible. What are your thoughts / regards
One more Observation ... the same could apply to Patek Phillipe

Yes, I mentioned in an earlier thread that they should most DEFINITELY look at producing a 3700/1 Rep.

No caseback, no seconds hand.

I would also love to see the original 'A-Series' Audemars Piguet 5402. I feel that the older dial font is MUCH more classy and refined than the newer fonts used.

Older Ref 5402 first, newer 15202 second:

audemars_piguet_royal_oak_jumbo_5402.jpg11909278874_494c8c9be5_b.jpg

_DC_

Nowt much wrong with the current 15202 rep, no more so than any other rep, I think you're expecting too much my friend!

Our community is a drop in the ocean to the rep factories so it's not going to make any difference how many of us say we want to buy one. I've not seen many of the current 15202 reps on the fora so if anything the factories probably think no one is interested. Best way to get a new rep made is to buy the current one... and like I said I think it's pretty decent...

E8E80E3E-1CD9-4528-BCF0-1648B4D7B87F_zpsb1hapnro.png

And nice and thin...

6A128C69-831B-4F3E-BDDA-1585DF112BC3_zpsylcjqdkz.png

DC

Godfathar

^^ did they add the word Automatic? Am I seeing this right?

_DC_

Yeah, they also released a rose gold version :wub:

DC

WatchaholicMallorca

Yeah, they also released a rose gold version :wub:

DC

RG 15202... now in listening. TD email incoming!!!

Nikohublot

...yeah they added the word automatic , which was the biggest tell and instead of realease the watch after this upgrade they swapped the right BLUE datewheel with a WHITE datewheel and now we have a upgraded version with one foxed and one new obvious tell one the dial .

I would pay this money for a quartz but not with such faults . Just cant understand the repmakers . The first release was good except the word automatic -.-

WatchaholicMallorca

...yeah they added the word automatic , which was the biggest tell and instead of realease the watch after this upgrade they swapped the right BLUE datewheel with a WHITE datewheel and now we have a upgraded version with one foxed and one new obvious tell one the dial .

I would pay this money for a quartz but not with such faults . Just cant understand the repmakers . The first release was good except the word automatic -.-

If this had he correct colored date wheel I'd get one in a heartbeat especially now that the word automatic is there

Nikohublot

If this had he correct colored date wheel I'd get one in a heartbeat especially now that the word automatic is there

Me too , because with the correct datewheel this watch would be near the superrep league ... so lets wait for a "v3" and hope they dont ruin a nearly perfect watch again ...

WatchaholicMallorca

Me too , because with the correct datewheel this watch would be near the superrep league ... so lets wait for a "v3" and hope they dont ruin a nearly perfect watch again ...

The key word there is AGAIN... Chances are the factory will stop with this near perfect watch and concentrate on another Hublot La Ferrari....

irishjohn

I just ordered one of these and the qc pics have a blue date wheel and no automatic, this is for toro though.

WatchaholicMallorca

I just ordered one of these and the qc pics have a blue date wheel and no automatic, this is for toro though.

You order the RG or the SS?