Sign in to follow this  
qwer

Looking for the best milgauss rep

qwer

Hello guys. After purchasing a TC V6, which I'm very happy, now I want to buy a Rolex Milgauss.

To date, what is the best Milgauss? I refer to the manufacturer and to the various colors. What is closer to the gen and what are the flaws visible to the naked eye?

Unfortunately, there are few topics dedicated to Milgauss. And many are old.

Also, I need someone (in Europe) with a lot of experience that mod the Crystal!

Thank you! smile.png

Genius

Other than the crystal all the decent reps are pretty much spot on. I have a Noob factory blue dial one but had a black dial one from reg that other than the low beat movement was just as good

Ratubbs

Man you read my mind!!

I was at my local AD this week and tried on the blue face Milgausse and it just felt right. LOVED IT!! So I'm saving my pennies for a Gen , but I also wondered who made the best rep of it too...? I'll be subscribing to this one as I'm curious. I too have a TC, in fact a UberFranken TC so I need something different from the Sub. I love my 16610 but I see them everywhere!!

qwer

Other than the crystal all the decent reps are pretty much spot on. I have a Noob factory blue dial one but had a black dial one from reg that other than the low beat movement was just as good

Thank you! Where you purchased your noob?

You have changed the Crystal?

So, the best version available is the "blue dial"?

Man you read my mind!!

I was at my local AD this week and tried on the blue face Milgausse and it just felt right. LOVED IT!! So I'm saving my pennies for a Gen , but I also wondered who made the best rep of it too...? I'll be subscribing to this one as I'm curious. I too have a TC, in fact a UberFranken TC so I need something different from the Sub. I love my 16610 but I see them everywhere!!

:)

Genius

I got it from a TD, pretty much any of them apart from perfect clones can get the noob version. Either the black or blue dialed one is a really good rep just let down by the fact it doesn't have the proper green sapphire. Not got round to modding it yet but have seen an aftermarket green sapphire I am tempted to get http://www.ebay.co.u...Rda9dDNljaCOa4Q

This is mine

DSC_0162_zpsnt4bj6jq.jpg

Milwaukeetalkie

One of the best combinations you can get is the Noob Milgauss with a gen crystal. Unfortunately gen crystals are very difficult (basically impossible) to source.

You can always do the crystal mod by removing the crystal, painting the edge green with a glass pen, then baking and reinstalling. But this takes proper execution.

Most of the after-market crystals just have a green gasket like the reps, and not a green edge like the gens. Hopefully the rep factories will figure out the crystal in the next generation.

northantsrich

They don't do one. This is coming from someone that had the best rep version and did the mods etc.

Edited by northantsrich

Genius

They don't do one. This is coming from someone that had the best rep version and did the mods etc.

Don't do what?

northantsrich

Don't do what?

Look at the title of the thread!

Chr0nos_1984

Can somebody share pictures of a noob milgauss for seeing the green gasket problem?

I'm not sure which color i shall buy. Blue, black or white...

vito1

Man you read my mind!!

I was at my local AD this week and tried on the blue face Milgausse and it just felt right. LOVED IT!!

This is my plan as well. Saving for a Gen blue!

Vito

Chr0nos_1984

Do you guys think that there aren't good reps available for this model?

Miracle

White face clone is about the best the GV is a good Rev but the green edge is a dead give away

Deepsea4life

I own both a Noob and a BP Milly - I feel the only weakness would be the bracelets on the BP's seem to be kind of wacky.

Does anyone have a JF factory Milgauss? I recently saw one and the bracelet/links looked amazing.

Dr. Jimmy

My personal favorite is the black dial non-gv Milgauss, but I have heard the white dial is closest to gen.