Sign in to follow this  
Phantomtech

Here is my mini review of the JF 15400..

Phantomtech

After wearing the JF 15400 for a couple days, here is my overall impression.

This watch is freaking awesome, it has the gen look and is miles ahead of the competition in terms of the finishing and brushing patterns. I compared it with my TF model and that one just looks overall cheaper, may be the bezel screws or the hour markers, not quite sure exactly what. But the JF absolutely nailed the overall look.

The dial pattern is a non issue for me, I can't tell the difference on the wrist, and even up close it is difficult for me. Maybe because it is the black dial so it doesn't stand out as much.

In regards to the bracelet that is where the JF falls short, not because of the finishing or the construction, those are still better than the TF. But the JF bracelet clasp popped open almost every time I moved my wrist. I switched to the TF bracelet and it fit perfectly. Also - a TF sized strap with endlinks is a perfect swap, I tried it.

Some reviews have mentioned the issue with the screws being damaged and threading, again a non issue with mine. I tried all the screws, they are all smooth and screw in very smoothly.

Yes, this is a tiny drop thicker than the TF, some are complaining that it is top heavy etc. but I don't have that issue. I can't tell the thickness difference when it is on my wrist, I compared it with the TF and I do not see a difference. My wrist is close to 8" and the watch sits perfectly centered and extremely comfortable. Especially with the TF bracelet.

I also have a ProfSteve double AR crystal installed so the dial pops a drop more than stock crystal. Most say that this does not need AR and the stock crystal is good enough but I respectfully disagree, especially on a black dial. I think I am just an AR junkie lol.

Anyway, here are some iPhone snaps I took, very few photos can do this watch justice, it is seriously a work of art in the flesh.

Enjoy and pardon the overload of pics, I just couldn't resist!!

owmgNV.jpg

HM49w4.jpg

ApWkSN.jpg

z6GzoK.jpg

gGOJsZ.jpg

Q7HCSY.jpg

jPK1vI.jpg

OFWmW1.jpg

dALOSR.jpg

lLZRKU.jpg

cOdmpi.jpg

King

Nice watch. I've been after one of these for awhile. JF dial issue is definitely less noticeable on the black. Hopefully the clasp issue is a one-off thing. Wear it well!

BTW, you can never have too many pics!

Dilodoli

absolutely nice pics.

:D

KinCaidk

nice pics, and nice watch!!

thanks,

Gazzla
JCNqlJ7.jpg

N.Rico

nice piece , enjoy it .

I got one for my Dad he love it .

Daywatch

The pics are gorgeous with that Prof crystal on it. Thanks for the comments:)

Godfathar

Lovely review, so I understand that you are finally letting go of TF as your favorite 15400 :)

skywalker710

Great review mate. That's a mighty good looking piece too.

Member X

Noob question...

.. what's the issue with the dial??

Looks amazing with AR, though!

ByranM

Very nice watch there PhantomTech. I love the pictures, they're very clean and look awesome in the white light. It's almost even fitting that we now have the Winter Theme on the board, it's animation goes well with your photo.

skitter

I agree with your assessment...I have both the TF and JF models and find the latter a tad better in quality. However, both has its pros and cons. But, overall the JF appears to have the edge. Now that I have seen the Profs crystal on the black dial, I am going to change mine as well...looks good!

skitter

Noob question...

The tapisserie of the JF 15400 in all colors are a tad smaller compared to the V6, TF and gen. However, it's not noticeable unless you have the gen next to it or magnified. On the wrist, I doubt you will be called out on it.

Member X

Noob question...

The tapisserie of the JF 15400 in all colors are a tad smaller compared to the V6, TF and gen. However, it's not noticeable unless you have the gen next to it or magnified. On the wrist, I doubt you will be called out on it.

Cool, thanks for the headsup! :)

mrgoodlife

great pics i love my 15400!

everythingwithmod-eration

Beautiful pics! I have been sold on the black dial TF for a while now, but your JF looks stunning.

everythingwithmod-eration

I agree with your assessment...I have both the TF and JF models and find the latter a tad better in quality. However, both has its pros and cons. But, overall the JF appears to have the edge. Now that I have seen the Profs crystal on the black dial, I am going to change mine as well...looks good!

Quick question. Do you need to get a 2x AR crystal (like a profsteve) independently, or can you get it through the TD directly?

Moondustesp

Wow and Wow ????

tesmith2112

Gorgeous! I'm going shopping now!

Kizza

Fantastic review. What TD was this purchased through though?

shinodax

This thread is pulling my trigger on the AP 15400.

Nikita75015

what a beauty

chronomate

In case you prefer the JF bracelet quality but just want to exchange its clasp for the TF (though the JF clasp is better and closer to gen), you can do that.

The TF and JF clasps are replaceable with each bracelet.

JF clasp with TF bracelet:

image_zpsxqakliuw.jpeg

chronomate

Difference between JF clasp and TF clasp.

JF on the right, TF on the left:

image_zpsvozhuryi.jpeg

image_zpsccaeghq2.jpeg