Sign in to follow this  
malkie

Servicing costs for Gens

I have just sent my BR-02 in for a service and a polish, a couple of dings to be sorted too. I nearly fell over when told the cost, £300 !

Is this normal? The last gen I sent for a service was a Tag which cost £100, it was a while a go though.

yes, it is normal, and probably a bit low actually.

Service by the actual brand is the MOST expensive way to go. There are threads here that have posted price schedules, but I am too damn lazy to look for them right now. :P

Most Swiss AD 's like Rolex, Omega, IWC, etc usually charge $600-1000 for service. If there are a lot of repairs, much

more. I found a guy in NYC who is less than 1/2 of that. Just serviced and fixed my Rolex Ceramic GMT 2- $300!

Ah well, my £300 doesn't look too bad after all .

Knock on wood, so far only service I had was a battery replacement for a Tag SLR Calibre S. I looked at servicing other gens, but stopped when I saw the cost. I'll wait till they're on their death beds before I get them serviced.

Here ya go, I found a thread I did on this recently: http://www.rwg.bz/bo...ce&fromsearch=1

It lays out the costs for various service options from the Swatch group, which will give you an idea of how this works.

The FULL LIST: http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=7108527&rid=12189#msg_7108527

Richard, thanks for digging out the information.

Lightgeek, that's made me feel a little better ! but you have had a lot of work done there fella.

Lightgeek, that's made me feel a little better ! but you have had a lot of work done there fella.

That's their "standard service" (i.e. fix movement, replace crystal, etc). They charged me for a new handset since it's not included with service.

Lightgeeks bill is more in line for what I was quoted in the EU back in 2013 for a well running Seamaster routine/standard maintenance EUR 630,- + 65,- shipping +23% VAT + parts if needed.