Sign in to follow this  
ElvisFreak

Is this Noob Sea Dweller a good version?

ElvisFreak

IMG_3320_zpsvyb7h9ot.jpg

thanks in advance to all who will help me out.

JohnG

Here is an example of just how silly this whole level of obsession is: I have been on these forums for over eight years, and frankly, I have no idea. I look at tons of these pictures, every day almost, and unless you memorize all the tells from side by side comparisons or macro shots of gens and reps, there is no way to tell. And if I can´t tell, 99.9999% of the general population can´t tell. The ONLY people who can tell are the obsessives who study those giant blown up pics looking at dial font, indices side, rehault engraving placement, SEL fit, insert numeral color, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum.

I think if you just really think it is cool that the watch be as good a counterfeit as possible, that´s great, get the best version, mod it with gen parts, go crazy. But if your worry is that someone might spot it as a fake, forget about it. You are more likely to get raped by Scarlett Johansson. As long as the weight is nice, the fit and finish is nice, not even the guy in the AD is going to notice (not that anyone should ever try that you understand).

:)

:popcorn:

Duzza

It's brilliant yes.

ShovelnTC

What John G said,

There are guys on this and other forums who claim they can tell a fake sub (Or SD) from the other side of the room but I call BS.

I have a BK and had a TC and my most worn watch is a base Sub and the only time anyone actually looked closely at any of them was the base version and after checking out the sweep he said "fuck it's a real one" at which time I explained that a smooth sweep guarantees nothing and that it was indeed a "fake".

The watch in the pic looks great to me, I'd wear it proudly, but I don't look for tells or faults.

Lachsersatz

If you really care:

The fat hour hand is wrong for this model.

The date could be more centered.

The SEL fitment (at six, right side) could be better, but this could also only be the angle/light.

Because of the wrong hour hand, it seems to be the first batch of Noob V2 if the bezel numbers already have silver paint (which is difficult to see).

Other than that, it looks perfectly ok.

greg_r

You are more likely to get raped by Scarlett Johansson.

Now there's a thought worth taking to the bathroom.... :johng:

:lol:

ElvisFreak

another shot

date looks centered there

IMG_3319_zpswieiunqt.jpg

A local guy(who is also a forum member) wants to sell it to me (always nice to do F to F sales) for $150 US

Edited by ElvisFreak

rawbaws

If it has a 2836 in it and not 21j snap it up at that price

Member X

I love the way you get both the geek and the 'just fucking wear it' responses on the same thread here :lol:

JohnG

I love the way you get both the geek and the 'just fucking wear it' responses on the same thread here :lol:

:lol:

I used to be uber geek but that phase ended at least six years ago. :rofl:

ElvisFreak

i asked him and he confirmed its a 23j asian...

not getting a deal....

markeym3

I have to agree with what was said earlier , this crazy obsession with the smallest faults is a little stupid , over the last few years there have been good improvements on the reps , like said earlier the people who claim to spot a minor flaw in the latest V5 Subs from a short distance away are crazy.

I was staying in deepest Bavaria this year with work, I am in this small picture postcard village sitting outside having a beer , the guy on the next table (another guest) a guy in his mid 50's clean shaven drives an E class Merc (ooer) was wearing a submariner ,, was it real or not I had no idea but it seem to suit the guy, ok so you shouldn't make judgements based on those few observations but the thing is who cares really , it looked good and he obviously liked it , so dont sweat the small stuff as long as it aint an obvious piece of shit you aint gonna get get called out , thats if anyone cares anyway.

enjoy..

Lagger

Think toro has a 21j noob sd on offer for $138, but it has the gasescape spelling mistake on the back, not gas escape as it should be

Abe Fromen

Think toro has a 21j noob sd on offer for $138, but it has the gasescape spelling mistake on the back, not gas escape as it should be

My SD is from Reg and it has the gasescape caseback and I paid around US$200 shipped. I'd love to source a properly engraved caseback for it.

ElvisFreak

caseback.

spelling mistake present

IMG_3359_zpsvvd4ysri.jpg

ElvisFreak

is there a noob version without the spelling mistake?

Stuvetjee

Why all the questions ElvisFreak? Just do some searching and reading.

JohnG

In fairness, if people here can answer the question with a quick look at the picture, why should he spend hours scouring threads on the tell tale differences between the various versions and factories? That´s what friends are for. :)

The people who don´t mink answering, can answer, the people who do, can ignore the thread.

Stuvetjee

In fairness, if people here can answer the question with a quick look at the picture, why should he spend hours scouring threads on the tell tale differences between the various versions and factories? That´s what friends are for. :)

Nah, hours? There are plenty good reviews around. If it doesnt answer the question you can always ask indeed. Imho i would PM some mates here instead, but thats me ;) .

elp

And to warn you when Scarlett Johansson is nearby so you can stay safe.

JohnG

i would PM some mates here instead, but thats me ;) .

Then there would be one less searchable thread on this very question. :rofl:

Stuvetjee

No one would search: ''Is this a good version .....?'' :lol:

JohnG

No one would search: ''Is this a good version .....?'' :lol:

No, but "noob, sea dweller, version" would turn up this thread.

:popcorn:

ElvisFreak

i did not realize i was being annoying to the forum.

i apologize to all members.

Mods can close this thread.