Sign in to follow this  
mrmn

Is there a real moonphase function on Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin Moonphase!

mrmn

Hello guys! I'm very interesting in this version of the Jaeger-LeCoultre but I heard there is no moonphase function on any rep watch until now. I found that Tim ( watchfinder) has a new version of this watch and he label that the watch has Miyota 9015 Movement and Functional Moon-phase. Has anyone bought this watch before? Is this moonphase just day and night function or real moonphase complications function?

Thank you very much.

Here is the watch's link:

http://watchfinder.p...are.com/7065192

Edited by mrmn

greg_r

Not a review. moved to general.

I'm not familiar with this watch, but there have been several instances of reps with working moonphase complications...

<RJ>

Yes. Moonphase works and its a marvelous watch :)

Some day i might take the time to do a review but now is not that day.

Photo%20Collage%20Maker_bD9Ow7_zpsyughi4fb.png

mrmn

It looks fantastic my friend. May I ask which TD did you make the purchase?

Thank you

Edited by mrmn

UmpaHimself

Yeah that is really nice. Beads of rice FTW!

Testomatic

First time i hear the 9015 has a moon phase ... This opens a lot of possibilities

<RJ>

Its from Watchfinder.

JSJ
First time i hear the 9015 has a moon phase ... This opens a lot of possibilities

Yes, me too. If the moon phase complication is fully functioning I'll buy this watch.

narikaa

Question is , is it a true moonphase complication OR a 31 day rotation dial

<RJ>

Google dont give much insight in the matter. I must admit i dont know how its configured. One day i will set it as you are supposed to and we will know for sure. I only use watches like this once or twice a month so time and date is usually the most i care about.

narikaa

Its a moot point but basically a TRUE moonphase is on a 29.5 day cycle, most reps (that rise above the 'day/night' 24hour function) ordinarily use a calendar type subdial (31 day cycle) with little moon pictures

The nuts and bolts of it you can read up on here:

http://gearpatrol.co...-the-moonphase/

JSJ

Thanks Reg. I was asking if it is a true moon phase which would be quite a complication for a rep.

I believe this watch must have the moon phase simply linked to the date like you suggest.

Ah well, I'll just have to keep glancing up at the sky to tell the phase then.

narikaa

Unless you're in need of a silver bullet

its probably near enough

wolf-271.gif

Kcore

Judging by the 31 day date dial, I'd say it's as Reg said, a 31 day rotation dial. Here's a picture of my Breguet. You'll be able to see the moonphase at 6:00 is 29.5 days which is the moon's full cycle. As this is a manual wind watch, I set the moonphase to the moon's cycle calendar and it's spot on.

Breguet_zpsckuwu024.jpg

JSJ
Judging by the 31 day date dial, I'd say it's as Reg said, a 31 day rotation dial. Here's a picture of my Breguet. You'll be able to see the moonphase at 6:00 is 29.5 days which is the moon's full cycle. As this is a manual wind watch, I set the moonphase to the moon's cycle calendar and it's spot on.

Breguet_zpsckuwu024.jpg

Looks great. Is it a rep? I know I'm weird and I completely get Reg's point about the silver bullet but... it's something different and interesting.

Soop

Hello guys! I'm very interesting in this version of the Jaeger-LeCoultre but I heard there is no moonphase function on any rep watch until now. I found that Tim ( watchfinder) has a new version of this watch and he label that the watch has Miyota 9015 Movement and Functional Moon-phase. Has anyone bought this watch before? Is this moonphase just day and night function or real moonphase complications function?

Thank you very much.

Here is the watch's link:

http://watchfinder.p...are.com/7065192

From what I saw on RWI, this is a night and day indicator. No reps have a real moonphase complication yet, as far as I know.

Kcore

JSJ - The stuff that dreams are made of :zzz: Boy oh boy, how I wish it was gen but alas, rep it is and one of my favorites.

I totally get it, I have a fascination with the moonphase complication, totally love it!

Kcore

No reps have a real moonphase complication yet, as far as I know.

Soop, guess again and read my post, it's #15.

BTW, welcome.

narikaa

Not wanting to labour the point but have you CHECKED it?

Whats printed on a rep may not be in any way a 'sure thing'

;)

Soop

No reps have a real moonphase complication yet, as far as I know.

Soop, guess again and read my post, it's #15.

BTW, welcome.

I guess I learned something today! Still the JLC is a day and night indicator. Where did you got that Breguet?

Kcore

;)

Of course Reg, no question about it. It's a true, working moonphase complication. I'm kind of an amateur (sp.) star gazer. Just love astronomy since I got my first telescope. Anway, as I said above, after I fully wind and set the date & time, I set the moon phase according to the star date website

https://stardate.org/nightsky/moon

My Breguet has kept an accurate accounting of the moon's full 29.5 day (synodic month)orbit.

Testomatic

;)

Of course Reg, no question about it. It's a true, working moonphase complication. I'm kind of an ameture star gazer. Just love astronomy since I got my first telescope. Anway, as I said above, after I fully wind and set the date & time, I set the moon phase according to the star date website

My Breguet has kept an accurate accounting of the moon's full 29.5 day (synodic month)orbit.

Shit... And now I want one

JSJ

;)

Of course Reg, no question about it. It's a true, working moonphase complication. I'm kind of an amateur (sp.) star gazer. Just love astronomy since I got my first telescope. Anway, as I said above, after I fully wind and set the date & time, I set the moon phase according to the star date website

Now I just need to know who has the best Breguet moon phase.

GenTLe

Using the date gear to obtain a real moon phase it means (supposing that the date gear does 1 complete turn every day) to have a 1/29.5 reduction, so at least a couple of gears are needed. Then you need to find the way to modify the data quick change mechanism in order to be able to set it separately from the date.

Overall it's not an impossible task, in my view, especially in watches that doesn't have a date wheel, like this JLC one.

The problem may be about the thickness of the movement with that parts added.

GenTLe

;)

Now I just need to know who has the best Breguet moon phase.

Or one of these:

Longines-Master-Luna.jpg