Sign in to follow this  
niceandcivilized

Senator Sixties Revival - Did they finally bring it back?

Skogstad

You are right, the replica markers looks to be similar on the pictures of the gen. Could it be that there are several versions of the dial with different markers?

After looking at more pictures of the gen, it look like the markers are cut into the dial rather than applied on the dial. The gen dial is also very domed, so there are som differences there. But I like it! :-)

Edited by Skogstad

Donjuanm

Just saw that Toro and Perfect Clones have 3 new colours from the Boutique edition of the Senator Sixties... (Grey, blue, red - grey looks most gen-like) - I am hoping they also get the classic dark blue version...

watchmaninpa

I love the simplicity of these watches..... just ordered one from Tim. Decided on the SS with rose gold hands and markers.

LightGeek

Shit. I should not have come back.

KinCaidk

oh I just have to flash this one I just picked up here aswell...

20160229_200056_001-01_zpss4cfbsjs.jpeg

Mike on a bike

Liking this one and 39 is just fine for a dress watch for me and I have yet to hear of anyone on the boards w/ a wrist bigger than mine.

deju

Some watches don't need to be big to be bold. The Glashütte is one of those the dials are lovely. Truly wrist art.

Mike on a bike

It's all dial wears larger then the MM might suggest.

Donjuanm
I love the simplicity of these watches..... just ordered one from Tim. Decided on the SS with rose gold hands and markers.

Watchmaninpa: would love to hear from you how you like it!

tonyh7

I think I have to have this. Toro has it too in some pretty weird colours, though the white dial ticks all the boxes for me. It's the one I need to complete my rep collection. No more after that. Honest.

GenTLe
I think I have to have this. Toro has it too in some pretty weird colours, though the white dial ticks all the boxes for me. It's the one I need to complete my rep collection. No more after that. Honest.

892c6718d8ac913236582d551a21acc26abda2b6d5d1164198f152c077bf4f25.jpg

watchmaninpa

YEAH ! I'll let ya know what I think when I get it. I love the look of it... so simple and understated.

Asurobb

Wow want want want

Anyone seen the novelty dials firsthand? The aqua, red or gray? Wondering if it is safer to go with the white or if the novelty dials were well done?

jakethemouse

YEAH ! I'll let ya know what I think when I get it. I love the look of it... so simple and understated.

Can't wait for your review. I think this will be next on my list. I'm suppose to be saving for a gen but I can't help myself, I keep getting a new watch every month.

watchmaninpa

Got my Senator today ! I can't post any pics because the camera on my phone is bad..... but scroll back and look at Greg's watch.... THAT'S the one I ordered !

It's FABULOUS ! I know its not exactly like the gen because the markers are applied and more 3D.... BUT THAT'S why I wanted THIS watch !

To my eye.... even though it looks different from the gen... I like it better.

I haven't been able to take my eyes off it since it came.... and nearly got into a traffic accident because I was looking at my wrist ! lol

I wouldn't change a thing about this watch. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT !

It is a very plain watch but I think it's elegant with the rose gold markers flashing with every turn of the wrist !

It's JUST what I wanted. Very low key in SS but some gold to pick up my grandfather's rose gold ring that I inherited.

I just couldn't be happier with it !

THANKS TIM !

GenTLe

Got my Senator today ! I can't post any pics because the camera on my phone is bad..... but scroll back and look at Greg's watch.... THAT'S the one I ordered !

It's FABULOUS ! I know its not exactly like the gen because the markers are applied and more 3D.... BUT THAT'S why I wanted THIS watch !

I haven't been able to take my eyes off it since it came.... and nearly got into a traffic accident because I was looking at my wrist ! lol

It is a very plain watch but I think it's elegant with the rose gold markers flashing with every turn of the wrist !

It's JUST what I wanted. Very low key in SS but some gold to pick up my grandfather's rose gold ring that I inherited.

THANKS TIM !

They did more than one version :)

The markers of yours are absolutely fine:

https://monochrome-watches.com/glashutte-original-senator-sixties/

http://www.europeanwatch.com/20283.html

http://uhrforum.de/meine-neue-glashuette-original-senator-sixties-t63860-2

watchmaninpa

THANKS TIM !

They did more than one version :)

The markers of yours are absolutely fine:

https://monochrome-w...enator-sixties/

http://www.europeanw....com/20283.html

http://uhrforum.de/m...ixties-t63860-2

Thanks for sharing those links.... I LOVE the watch and I hope I can have it a long time.

Baldrick

I love the one I have already.even though it's not accurate..the domed crystal sets it off...definitely considering the grey textured dial on PT's video...hoping they'll offer it in YG with the grey dial...knockout!!!

GLASHUTTE%20HALL.jpg

watchmaninpa

I love the one I have already.even though it's not accurate..the domed crystal sets it off...definitely considering the grey textured dial on PT's video...hoping they'll offer it in YG with the grey dial...knockout!!!

GLASHUTTE%20HALL.jpg

WOW YES ! that's really beautiful ! I love the domed crystal. When did you get that one ? It's lovely thank you for posting the picture.

Baldrick

I got it about 14 months ago..as I said it has some serious flaws...it's missing the numerical markers at 3 and 9....but it doesn't make it any less beautiful....I put it on a genuine honey coloured croc strap which lifts it into a different class.

watchmaninpa

Oh yes ! that strap is also lovely. I noticed it right away.

For me, if the watch is beautiful I don't care if its accurate like the gen or not. I don't mind as long as it speaks to me. lol

Yours is beautiful and classic.

Wear it in good health !

Baldrick

^^^ This +.

Thank you.

watchmaninpa

I wanted to comment further on my senator.... I have had the watch about a week now and it has been keeping flawless time.

not only is it beautiful.... but it keeps perfect time.

Why would anyone pay ALL that money for the gen when this steel watch is not only beautiful but an accurate time keeper as well. lol

I can understand if someone wants an all gold watch or some other precious metal. But steel ? nahhhh ..... I am VERY happy with this rep.

I know alot of people like the horology of it all..... the movements etc..... but I just love the designs.... and I want the watch to be an accurate time keeper.

That's what does it for me.

THIS senator fills the bill. I'm lovin it !

Thanks again Tim.

I will work on getting my camera problems sorted out so I can post pictures in the future.

jakethemouse

I wanted to comment further on my senator.... I have had the watch about a week now and it has been keeping flawless time.

Why would anyone pay ALL that money for the gen when this steel watch is not only beautiful but an accurate time keeper as well. lol

I can understand if someone wants an all gold watch or some other precious metal. But steel ? nahhhh ..... I am VERY happy with this rep.

I know alot of people like the horology of it all..... the movements etc..... but I just love the designs.... and I want the watch to be an accurate time keeper.

Thanks again Tim.

I will work on getting my camera problems sorted out so I can post pictures in the future.

Can't wait to see more pictures of it. DId you get any of the other dials or the usual white one? I really want to see a real world picture of the coloured dial especially the grey or blue one.

greg_r

Thanks again Tim.

For what it's worth, I bought the gen last year. Beautiful watch. D.O.A. :lol:

They wanted to take 3 months to fix it. I got a refund. Buying the rep is definitely the better option ;)