Sign in to follow this  
Member X

Prometheus Poseidon?

Member X

Hey chaps (and chapesses? :unsure:),

As I have the inner resolve and mental strength of a WeighWatchers participant in the Cadbury's factory :Whistle::facepalm: I am considering the Prometheus Poseidon as my next purchase, despite being perpetually skint:

http://www.prometheuswatch.com/our-watch-collection/#!/Prometheus-Poseidon-Stainless-Steel-Black-White-Bezel-3500m-Miyota-9015-Automatic-Diver-Watch/p/44051754/category=11326133

http://www.prometheuswatch.com/store/#!/Prometheus-Poseidon-Stainless-Steel-Blue-White-Bezel-3500m-Miyota-9015-Automatic-Diver-Watch/p/44066530/category=11326133

Has anyone got one? I see a lot of love for the Piranha model on this forum and the WUS thread on the Poseidon in the f74 Diver forum has some great wristie shots of both models, but I'm not 100% sure on the sapphire bezel and the AR...

$500 is also not a small amount of money, and I'm aware the Fifty Fathoms rep (which is seemingly spot-on and excellent quality) is about that price...

Any thoughts are welcome! :)

NFleischer

I see the price is $600+. $500 was the sale price for the scratched models- they seem to be gone.

Nice looking watch, bracelet looks like Omega style.

TheSav

I have had a couple of Prometheus watches. The quality of them is very good Imo. Keep an eye out on watcherecon and you might be lucky enough to pick up a secondhand one.

Gazzla

Buy one. The watches, customer service, everything is spot on.

Piccolo

Seems there are a couple listed on WUS at the moment, might be worth a look...

Member X

Thanks for the replies, chaps :thumbsup: although what my wallet really wanted you to say was "Run, run away and don't look back" :lol:

I think I just have "Haven't bought much in a while and neeeed new toys" syndrome :facepalm: as everything I see I am liking... lol

I'm veering towards the various (sister company) Borealis pre-order models now as well :facepalm:

MoveAlong

My black dial Piranha is one of the best watches I've owned. It's pretty much flawless! That it was only $345 blows my mind.

Member X

My black dial Piranha is one of the best watches I've owned. It's pretty much flawless! That it was only $345 blows my mind.

I think you've posted pictures on here? If so, I have seen them and liked them a lot :) but the dial is just too busy for me - if it didn't have the minute numbers on it, I think it'd already be on my wrist.

Either way, I do have a car to fix and tax so I guess I should get in debt fixing that rather than in debt buying shiny luxuries :( lol

Gazzla

I think you've posted pictures on here? If so, I have seen them and liked them a lot :) but the dial is just too busy for me - if it didn't have the minute numbers on it, I think it'd already be on my wrist.

Either way, I do have a car to fix and tax so I guess I should get in debt fixing that rather than in debt buying shiny luxuries :( lol

Totally agree with regards to the black Piranha. Fantastic watch:

lzo965o.jpg

MoveAlong

I think it's safe to say that no matter which Prometheus model you get, it will be fantastic...

Member X

Thanks for the enabling comments, chaps ;):D

Will update if I pull the trigger!

charlesanderika

I have had the Pirahna, Trireme and both were really well made and good looking watches.

I also have the bronze possiedon and can confirm its a great watch too - the bronze with a bit of patina gives a really nice look to it,. It's thicker than the others from them that I've owned due to the water resistance and the super thick crystal gives a nice depth to the watch. All in all I would say that it's a very reasonable price for a very good diver watch.