Kwt

My New AP Jumbo 15202 - a few pics!

adamowski

Just ordered mine now eagerly awaiting its arrival!

The gen 15202 has an 'AUTOMATIC' on the dial right? Is that an immediate tell?

Edited by 5711

_DC_
The gen 15202 has an 'AUTOMATIC' on the dial right? Is that an immediate tell?

Yeah but no one cares, I've never physically met anyone who has even heard of Audemars a Piguet let alone called me out on it, if you get hung up on details this hobby will drive you mental!!!

DC

peterloveslubey

Thanks Kwt and DC, you guys talked me into it. I'll be grabbing one as a nice summer watch to give my LMPO a break.

billodavio

This is a great idea. I was trying to get people around the forum to lobby for a while to get them pressure the manufacturers produce a decent 15202. The only problem with that watch is that with real ones the movement is more beautiful than the dial. The iconic 2121 is a gem and all people with the 15202 are usually asked to take it off their hands to watch the 2121 movement. This is why, it would be a better idea to ask manufacturers produce the original AP RO (1973) .... This one is being reproduced and named 15202 but the original has a closed back and the simple rolex like flat clasp with a security cover. This would be very easy to make, in quartz and it shouldnt exceed 200 dollares at best. Maybe you wanna lobby with me ?

billodavio

We could lobby to push manufacturers to work on the best replica ever built. While the 15202 is what we all look forward in and since we cannot get the thikness of the quartz we need to have a closed back. this is why what we should be looking for is not the 15202 but the 5402 (the 1973 original royal oak) to which the 15202 was made as a tribute to after 40 years.

If we can convince the makers, we can get the vintage replica that will have:

1. exact size 39mm

2. exact thikness (quartz)

3. exact dial (in blue)

4. closed back like original

5. no need for second hand

6. old version bukkle

it is easy to make, and with quartz movement shouldn't exceed the $200.

if available , I will order 10 pieces ... watch below

The astromaster
What are the chances any factory will add the 'automatic' to the dial and keep the rest the same? It looks like such an incredible watch, I don't care about the case back at all.. just the front dial inaccuracy. It almost makes me want to buy it even with the flaw..its so pretty! Thanks for the pictures!

The new version from panda has it.

Bwatchful

Stunning!

Porcino

The new version from panda has it.

Can you link me the link of panda please?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk