Sign in to follow this  
Bysantinkeisari

Watch maintenance 101 for noobs

Bysantinkeisari

Hi guys,

I'm new in the rep scene and trying to absorb as much information as I can from this awesome forum of yours.

I have just purchased my first rep, a PAM292j (via M2M and a great seller MNaji89), and will be looking into the fine details of this beautiful piece as much as I can. My question to you guys is, how do you maintain your timepieces?

I'm a mechanic and I find it easy to compare almost any maintenance to that of a car. What is your oil change interval and after how long do you do a full overhaul? Do you have certain things you consider a must or do you do maintenance on a need-to-do basis?

I've bookmarked a few pages on the life-and-times of the A7750 and found a boatload of information, but it takes a while to absorb all of that.

I'm certain that at some point I will dissect my beautiful mail order brid.. replica, and would appreciate some 101 pointers from you lot. For example what kind of tools would a starter like me need, and if you know any good literature that would be awesome also.

And you watchsmiths out there, what is your routine upon receiving a watch, new or used?

Cheers.