Sign in to follow this  
hendrix4life

Noob question

hendrix4life

Hey guys, so just got my first rep in yesterday from pf, navitimer gmt, beautiful watch, love everything about it...however, it's an open display back and has those blue screws, which is where my noob question comes in, is that a protective layer on the metal I can remove or is that the color of the actual piece? Thanks for any feedback.

imDanielbot

The above post summarizes it.

RichardMiami

As noted in Mickey's link.. blued screws are a sign of quality in watch movements.

We will leave the many other types of screws to your imagination.. ;)

hendrix4life

Lol thanks gentlemen, I guess my only prob is that there are no blue screws in the gen:/

Daffy

Welcome to the rep game: Finding the rep you want with flaws that you can live with, since none will be perfect.

hendrix4life

I can't argue you with that,99.9% of the time noone but me will notice, I can live with that.

UmpaHimself

Welcome to the rep game: Finding the rep you want with flaws that you can live with, since none will be perfect.

+1, sometimes you can source non blued screws and replace them but it's usually not worth the hassle.

black263

As with many things in life, Gaffa Tape (duct tape for the colonials) is the answer. If you cut the tape to fit the caseback, and stick it over the glass, you won't notice the screws.

MetalMickey

Alternatively, wear the watch - and when yore not, put it in a box - and you won't see the back so it won't bother you.

black263

Since none of your friends will know the difference, you can point them out as a feature that the counterfeiters haven't yet been able to copy, and tell them that blue screws is the only certain way to identify a gen.

RichardMiami

Alternatively, wear the watch - and when yore not, put it in a box - and you won't see the back so it won't bother you.

This is too complicated.......... I just close my eyes.....

makes it hard to type though

MetalMickey

Blue screw

unfinished___gutsy_and_tailor____stuff____by_shini_smurf-d9cv7a5.jpg

Baldrick

Except for the fact that most 'rep screws'.....are painted.....and not conventionally blued :B):

Kcore

Huh, my friend had a watch with blue screws. I wonder if they caused him to get blue balls :giggle: