Sign in to follow this  
Studarude

Toro Submariner V5 vs. V6?

Studarude

Hi all,

Im a newb, and after much deliberation between a no date Subby and a PAM 111 im going to swing towards the Subby for my first rep purchase.

So, i've done my research, and i think the one for me after looking around and reading Gazzla's excellent review with awesome pics is the Toro subby.. However, i cant find the V5 on his site only the V6..

This might be a total newb question, but has anyone done a comparison between the V5 and V6? Can i expect the same apparently awesome quality in a no date V6 as the quality shown by Gazlaa on his V5?

Or is it worth waiting for post CNY to see what new offerings are added to the mix?

Studarude

Just realised i'm in the wrong section, apologies, if a mod could move it would be very much appreciated!

GenTLe

V5 is not around anymore. V6 is going to disappear soon too (grab one if you can get a discounted one). The new one is V6S...

Genius

The only difference between v5 and v6 was some of the writing on the dial but AFAIK they never changed the nodate version so the v6 may actually be a v5

Studarude

Thanks guys, i'll probably go for the nodate V6 then..

As for shipping, do most people go for the $45 option or is the $15 option (supposedly 20-45 days) actually reasonable in terms of timeframe?

MAJ75

Thanks guys, i'll probably go for the nodate V6 then..

As for shipping, do most people go for the $45 option or is the $15 option (supposedly 20-45 days) actually reasonable in terms of timeframe?

This depends on how impatient you are, I prefer the 45 DHL option as it arrives within a few days (I have done this 4 times)..............I just received my first via EMS that seemed to take an eternity by comparison (2-3 weeks) but may be this was affected by CNY......

MA123
V5 is not around anymore. V6 is going to disappear soon too (grab one if you can get a discounted one). The new one is V6S...

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these too. What are the V6s updates? ie, anyone know what the differences will be between the v6 and v6s?

MA123

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these too. What are the V6s updates? ie, anyone know what the differences will be between the v6 and v6s?

Found the answer to my own question! ....

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=113200

Studarude

Id be interested to see how much that V6s is.. Unless its here somewhere and ive missed it? The V6 is @ $248 at the mo, is that the discounted price?

Mr_B

The v6 is great I have a Hulk, and I love it, hard to get a excellent example with all the variables. You won't regret buying a 111 and there is a beaut on M2M at the minute

Studarude

Yeah i'd love both but that'll have to come in time!

I was tempted with one of Narikaa's Regmariners but the Toro V5 looked that little bit better... Suppose i could have a Reggie and a 111 :P

And so it begins.....

UmpaHimself

This thread started well, but now turning in to a who has the best sub thread. One thing I will say guys is that the watch is not built by Toro, it's built by the Noob factory. So you can search multiple dealers to see who has the latest Noob sub in stock. For the most part, the latest release will be the best. Good luck