Sign in to follow this  
Meister

Rolex explorer 2 or sub?

Meister

Hi guys,

I didn't really know where to ask this question on the forum so i'll just post it here.

I was wondering if the quality of a rep rolex explorer 2 would be less good then a sub since the sub seems to be much more popular on the rep forums. with quality i mean:

- how close it is to 1:1

- endurancy

Etc

Since im buying one of these models i was just wondering what you guys think i should do.

Which one should i buy?

(Sub would be from BK, the explorer idk)

Thanks,

Meister

ShovelnTC

BK is a great Sub, not sure who idk is?

Meister

I meant iDontKnow where i will buy the explorer ;)

ShovelnTC

Ok then the BK is not comparable with an off the shelf explorer as he does his own QC and minor mods and guarantees the swiss movement and is almost twice the price but I don't know of anyone doing similar work to the explorers.

I recommend BK as I have bought twice from him and can attest to his work and movement.

Be wary of M2M sales of BK unless they are long standing members or can give evidence that it is one of BK's watches as you would be hard pressed to tell simply from pics.

Meister

Aah alright, thank you.

Daywatch

The brand new latest version of the Sub-C has just been released and it will take a few weeks for BK to have it. If You order a BK tomorrow You will have an older/outdated model for the high price. Following this logic, get an Explorer II black or white now and order the BK in a few weeks (or skip the BK and get the standard asian movement).

old Explorer II 16570 (because it´s the one I have, getting an even older one)

ExplII_2294_zps350e1a49.jpg

1 year old V5 Sub (similar model to the one BK is selling)

IMG_4909c_zpsafmo0uap.jpg

last but not least: $118 Cartel Tudor like it arrived from the TD, it´s the one I´m using every day with some modifications on it

Tudor_1402_zpsz3mk0xl1.jpg

chickenflex

nevermind

Meister
The brand new latest version of the Sub-C has just been released and it will take a few weeks for BK to have it. If You order a BK tomorrow You will have an older/outdated model for the high price. Following this logic, get an Explorer II black or white now and order the BK in a few weeks (or skip the BK and get the standard asian movement).

last but not least: $118 Cartel Tudor like it arrived from the TD, it´s the one I´m using every day with some

modifications on it

Hi thanks for the reply, from which TD did you buy the white dial explorer 2 from? And do you recommend it?

Genius

last but not least: $118 Cartel Tudor like it arrived from the TD, it´s the one I´m using every day with some

modifications on it

Hi thanks for the reply, from which TD did you buy the white dial explorer 2 from? And do you recommend it?

I had a 42mm Explorer II and it's a bloody awesome rep. Go for the noob factory latest model pretty much any td will have it (other than pc and tt who don't like selling noob watches) personally I recommend Toro to buy it from, but look at the dealer feedback and make up your own mind where to buy

peteya

You can get a damn fine explorer ii from noob factory. Contact one of the ADs for pics

Meister

Hi guys, thanks for all the help. Last questions about the explorer II,

-do you know where to get one with ETA? (Couldn't find it myself)

-are there any flaws one these explorer reps? ( i know there are always flaws but its good to know them anyways)

Thanks again!

Meister

mercedesbenz

Have a BK Hulk Sub, a BK GMT and just ordered the BK Blue Deep Sea - cant go wrong with a BK - wonderful pieces!!!

Meister

BK it is